№ 11 ∞ Friendship

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
Haemi is my best friend. The one and only girl I ever think as my best friend.
 
While the other members think of him as a little sister, I never thought the same way. She is the youngest from all of us, but her personality is possibily the most mature from all of us.
 
No matter what happen, Haemi always stand for us. She will tell us our mistakes for our good, she will do her best for our sakes, she will do everything for us.
 
That's why I really want to protect her. I care for her. I want her to be happy.
 
Because she is my best friend.
 
When I see her tears, rolling down to her cheeks, I can't help myself from stopping them.
 
It hurts to see her like this; the most cheerful and calm girl I know is crying in front of me and I can't do anything for her.
 
I hold her hand, embracing it gently, kissing her tears away, hoping she will stop crying.
 
When I see her face, even though her eyes are still teary, I don't know what's happening in my mind.
 
I lean closer and closer to her until my lips meet hers.
 
I kiss her. I kiss my best friend.
 
When I part the kiss, she looks really surprised. Even I am suprised by my own action.
 
What did I just do?
 
When I think Yoseob went too far, I'm not any different with him. Doojoon is going to kill me. For real.
 
"I-I'm sorry," I let go of her hand and stand up quickly. "I-I will ask Hyunseung for something to cover your bruise."
 
It's so awkward that I want to leave and ask someone else to take my place; I don't know what's going on in my head.
 
But Haemi stops me.
 
She grabs my hand. The sad expression is clearly visible on her face.
 
"Please," she begs. "Don't leave. For a moment. Please."
 
My heart sinks immediately. Haemi is begging me.
 
But why?
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I don't know why Gikwang kissed me. I don't want to think about it for now.
 
But my pain was eased by his kiss. Even just for a second. Even though it didn't last long.
 
I just need him to stay with me. For a moment. For a while. So I don't need to think about Doojoon or Yoseob or whatever mess I did.
 
But I know his kiss probably didn't mean anything. Maybe he just pity me for my messy situation.
 
I let go of his hand, realizing my sassy reaction, "I-I'm sorry. Forget what I just said. I..."
 
My words are cut off by his hug. He pulls me until I stand up on my feet and embraces me tightly.
 
"I'll stay," he whispers softly, "if you want me to."
 
I clutch his shirt, murmuring with my tears keep falling down, "Just for this once, please let me be selfish. Just for this once."
 
He cups my unbruised cheek, looking me with his gentle eyes and then kisses my forehead.
 
"I'll always be with you."
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
It's already 11 PM and Gikwang hasn't come back to our room yet.
 
What is he doing in Haemi's room?
 
I stand up, thinking of checking her condition because I know she is hurting physically because of me.
 
"Stop," Junhyung grabs my hand. "Where do you think you're going?"
 
"Haemi's room," I hiss, clenching my fists. "I need to check her condition."
 
"It's not that I don't want to support you, Doojoon," Hyunseung sighs. "But I don't think it is a good time to see her."
 
"I need to apologize," I mumble slowly.
 
"Then you can do it tomorrow," Junhyung pulls me so I sit again. "Gikwang is taking care of her."
 
I bite my bottom lip, angry with myself. How could I do that to Haemi?
 
I shouldn't have lost my control. I should have controlled myself, but even the thought of the kiss scene is already enraging me.
 
"Yoseob ah," Hyunseung mutters his name, the name that makes me feel angry and sad in the same time.
 
Yoseob is almost like my real brother. Why do this feeling of jealousy cloud my affection as big brother to him?
 
I feel like I'm the biggest fool in the world; I hurt the girl I love and the man I treat as my brother.
 
This is ridiculous.
 
"Do you love Haemi?" Hyunseung asks the question that probably we all want to know, even though the answer is obvious enough.
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
I take a glance at Doojoon. He looks really down; of course he does.
 
He must be blaming himself now, for making the bruise on Haemi's face, the one he loves.
 
When he grabbed my shirt, I could see in his eyes that he's angry with me, because he's jealous, because he couldn't believe that I kissed someone he loves.
 
Doojoon didn't need to say a word. He didn't need to tell us he is in love with Haemi. We could see it clearly.
 
If Doojoon is blaming himself for causing the bruise on her face, I am blaming myself from hurting her heart.
 
Haemi must be hurting because of what I did, because of what happened between me and Doojoon, because our friendship has collapsed.
 
The friendship we made, we built, we enhanced in two years, broken by our own feelings, the feelings we couldn't hold back.
 
"Yoseob ah," Hyunseung looks at me.
 
I take a deep breath and take a glance of him without a word.
 
"Do you love Haemi?"
 
My heart skips a beat because of his question.
 
Does he even need to ask that now?
 
"I don't understand what you two were thinking," Dongwoon finally speaks out. He has been silence from the moment Haemi left with Gikwang. "But Haemi is the one who hurts the most."
 
I close my eyes, trying to control my emotion. I know that! I know she is hurting!
 
"Look, let's just cool down for tonight," Junhyung gives a solution. "We'll try to talk with Haemi tomorrow. Gikwang is probably accompanying her for tonight."
 
"I'll sleep outside," Doojoon murmurs, not bothering to look at  us.
 
Hyunseung sighs and rubs his head, "Let's just sleep for now. We need some times to think."
 
Junhyung drags me to the bedroom because I don't want to move from my seat. I exchange looks with Doojoon for a second but he looks away quickly.
 
Not only Haemi... even I have destroyed my relationship with Doojoon.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I open my eyes slowly and rub my eyes, trying to look around slowly.
 
It's 1 AM in the morning. Looks like I've fallen asleep after Gikwang took care of my bruise.
 
I turn to my left side and I see Gikwang is sleeping, leaning himself to the wall. I guess I fell asleep with my head resting on his shoulder.
 
He really stays. He doesn't leave me. He even put his arm around my shoulder, preventing me from falling aside.
 
"Gikwang...," I murmur his name as I look at his face.
 
He is this close to me. The one that makes me forget Hyoseun easily. The one who shows me that he will stay with me.
 
The kiss. He kissed me tonight.
 
"Tell me," I whisper, knowing that he is not going to answer me, "what did the kiss mean?"
 
I sigh and touch my bruise; it's still hurt somehow but I try to shove away the painful thought.
 
I rest my head on his shoulder again, trying to drift to sleep, knowing that tomorrow will be a really tiring day.
 
I need to talk with Doojoon and Yoseob.
 
And I need to ask Gikwang a question.