№ 5 ∞ Sudden

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Doojoon's POV//
 
I yawn and lay down on the floor comfortably. I just done with my recording and the other members are working on their own schedules.
 
So here I am, all by myself, in the middle of our main room.
 
I sigh as I remember the night Yoseob sang with Haemi. I didn't stop my play because I wanted to keep listening to Haemi's voice.
 
But what I didn't expect was Yoseob did a duet with her. Further more, he was holding her hand.
 
I don't know why I was bothered by the scene of their holding hands. It's something usual for them, for us.
 
Why did I suddenly annoy by it?
 
No, Doojoon, you're not falling for her. Not again. She is your little sister!
 
Yes, I have fallen in love with her before.
 
After six months of working together with her, I fell immediately with her personality. Her smile captivated me. Her lovable attitude caught me.
 
At first I admired her for having so much talents but I realized that she didn't have the talent by doing nothing; she worked hard to master them.
 
She told me that she loves working with us because we never give up even though there are difficult obstacles stand in our way.
 
"Don't you know you can't run away from trouble?"
 
She once told me when I complained about how hard the practice was.
 
That day was the day I realized that I fell in love with her.
 
But thanks to her fiancee, which is now her ex-fiancee, I must held back my feeling and it's really difficult since I met her almost everyday.
 
Her close relationship with us made my heart beat uncontrollably, especially when I was alone with her. She just never noticed it.
 
She treats us equally; her love for Hyoseun had completely made her blind from loving someone else, including me.
 
That's why I decided to stop my feeling on my birthday last year, when she told me that she would start call me as 'Oppa' since I'm the oldest one. I tried to accept the reality where she would never fall for me as long as there was Hyoseun in her heart.
 
But now that she is no longer his fiancee, doesn't it mean I have a chance?
 
Aish, Doojoon, what are you thinking?
 
She only thinks of you as her big brother and, even though her heart is hurting, she still loves Hyoseun.
 
But looking at Yoseob that night, I have a feeling that Yoseob has a crush on Haemi.
 
A wild guess?
 
We'll see.
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
I return to the apartment with Gikwang since we just finished our recording for a variety show. When we walk in the apartment, Doojoon is sleeping in the main room, not even bothering to open his eyes and greet us.
 
I walk to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water in the refrigerator. I'm thinking about drinking orange juice so I take a glass to prepare the drink.
 
My mind starts to wander about that night... again.
 
Yes, Haemi is filling my mind lately. Her voice. Her smile. Her eyes. Her everything.
 
I know that she is beautiful. I know that she is talented. But why does my heart always beat faster when she is around?
 
I'm just amazed with her voice. That's all. It must be it.
 
I was taking a sip of the orange juice when suddenly someone hugs me from behind.
 
"Yoseob!"
 
I spit out the orange juice in my mouth, surprised by the sudden gesture. To be honest, what made me shocked is the voice.
 
It's Haemi.
 
I put down the glass quickly and turn around with burning face.
 
She releases her hug and smiles wider to me, knowing that her plan to surprise me is a success.
 
"Yah!" I try to hide my blushed cheeks. "Don't do that!"
 
There. My heart beats like crazy now. And it causes me to raise my voice even though I don't mean to do that.
 
Haemi's expression looks surprised because of my tone, "I-I'm sorry..."
 
"What happened here?" Gikwang walks in and looks at both of us. "I heard your loud voice."
 
"I surprised him," Haemi answers awkwardly. "Ah, I think I left my phone in my room."
 
Good, Yoseob, look what you've just done.
 
 
//Gikwang's POV//
 
Haemi excuses herself from the kitchen and storms out from our apartment. I frown and quickly catch up with her, stopping her right when she is going to open her door.
 
"Haemi ah," I call her and she stops her movement.
 
"Your phone is here," I take out her phone from my pocket. "You gave it to me when you entered our room."
 
She takes it from me slowly, not looking at my face, "Thank you."
 
Something must have happened in the kitchen.
 
"Hey," I cup her face with my hands, "tell me what happened."
 
"I guess Yoseob just mad with me because I surprised him when he's drinking," she explains with a smile, trying to assure me. "I'm just surprised because he never got mad at me before."
 
Ah, so that's the reason of the loud voice.
 
"Maybe it's just his reflex," I pinch her cheek to cheer her up. "You know we can't get mad at you."
 
Her lips turn into a curve and I smile when I see it; she's feeling better now.
 
I don't want to see her sad. Well, I worship friendship pretty much and I don't want my best friend to be sad, do I?
 
"Now you're more beautiful when you're smiling," I pat her head.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I was really surprised when Yoseob snapped at me, as if he was really mad at me. He never did that before.
 
But now I'm more surprised with the fact that I start to blush slightly because of Gikwang's compliment.
 
I've often heard the compliment from the other members but I don't know why I'm blushing all of a sudden now.
 
Am I falling for Gikwang?
 
No way. I look at him as my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.
 
It's only a week since Hyoseun cancelled the engagement and I can't fall for someone else. Sometimes I still find myself waiting for a message or a phone call from Hyoseun whenever I'm alone.
 
I'm such a fool.
 
Hyoseun was the only man I ever think about, other than BEAST of course, because they are my best friends.
 
Suddenly I remember that my mother sent me a text message the day after my meeting with her.
 
"Sooner or later, you'll find new love. Hyoseun is just a page of your past. Keep reading your book of life."
 
"Yah!" Gikwang ruffles my hair. "Are you listening to me?"
 
"Eh?" I blink. "What?"
 
"Haemi ah," he laughs and pinches my cheek again, "you are so cute when you are clueless."
 
Aigoo, I'm blushing!
 
What's wrong with me?!
 
__________
 
[Author's Note]
 
"Don't you know you can't run away from trouble?"
- originally from Song of The South #disneywords