№ 3 ∞ Hidden Truth

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Haemi's POV//
 
"Ah, so he really did that?" my mother reacts calmly. "I thought his mother was only joking when she said that the engagement is cancelled."
 
I am sitting in the corner of little cafe, a little bit far from my apartment. BEAST is having their own free day for this evening and I decided to meet my mother near her office to talk about Hyoseun.
 
Yes, my mother is indeed a really easy going person. She never forced me to do anything, not even once. She once said that my life is all on my own so she doesn't want to make a rule for the life I'm living.
 
And that reaction of her about the cancelled engagement is so predictable by me.
 
"Look at the bright side, you can find a new love now," my mother says bluntly. "Maybe one of the BEAST members?"
 
"Omma," I sigh. "I've told you they are my best friends. You even treat them like your own sons."
 
"Maybe one of them is good enough to be my son-in-law. Who knows," my mother drinks her tea. "However, it's all up to you."
 
Within around ten minutes after talking about her works as a reporter, she leaves the cafe because her partner just called her for a meeting.
 
When I step out from the cafe, I know that I'm definitely in trouble: I don't know the way back to my apartment.
 
This is the first time I ever visited my mother this far. I used taxi to come here and it took around thirty minutes to arrive here while it supposed to be around fifteen minutes only.
 
I look around and thinking of taking a bus but the last time I took a bus by myself, I ended up taking the wrong route, making me farther from my destination.
 
"Aigoo...," I sigh. "Now what should I do?"
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
"Is Haemi back yet?" Yoseob asks lazily. "I want to eat something."
 
"Nope," I answer. "But it does take longer than I thought. It's been 3 hours since she left to meet her mother."
 
"I thought it won't take that long," Gikwang adds in.
 
He's right. We met her mother once and her mother is a really easy going person. Both of them never spend time together for a long time; an hour was a record for them.
 
I take my phone on the table and call her number; I have a bad feeling.
 
"Yoboseyo," she answers.
 
"Yah, Haemi ah, where are you now?" I ask and the other members turn to me.
 
"Ah, that's a good question," her answer makes me know that I was right.
 
"Don't tell me you are lost," I frown.
 
She laughs awkwardly, "I was trying to take a walk around so maybe I could find some directions to get back, but looks like I'm farther now."
 
"Aigoo...," I mess my hair with frustration. "Why don't you just call us?"
 
"She is lost," Yoseob sighs, knowing that one of us needs to pick her now or she will get back really late today.
 
"Stay where you are," I stand up. "Send me a picture or any clue that describes me your location."
 
"Are you going to pick her?" Dongwoon asks. "Do you need accompany?"
 
"No, it won't take long," I grab my jacket after I ended the conversation. "Wish me luck."
 
I wear my shoes and leave the apartment.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
So here I am, waiting for Doojoon in front of a gift shop. I bought an ice cream to eat while waiting for him to pick me up.
 
I'm so messed up. I'm supposed to be the one who helps them with work.
 
"Haemi ah," I turn around once I hear Doojoon's voice.
 
"Ah, Doojoon Oppa," I finish the last bite of the ice cream and step closer to him.
 
"You really love to make us worry," he starts pinching my cheek. "What will happen if we are working right now?"
 
"Whifyuarwokinaimnothir," I try to answer but come out as nothing people can understand.
 
"If you are working, I'm not here, Oppa," I cup my face with my hands, preventing him for pinching me again. "I'm your personal assistant, remember?"
 
He ruffles my hair and holds my hand, dragging me to the bus stop, "We're going back now. We are starving."
 
I chuckle because he does look hungry. Looks like they are waiting for me to cook lunch for them.
 
We get on the bus and sit side to side. Doojoon wears his cap to hide his face; better safe than sorry, he said.
 
"Thank you for picking me, Oppa," I smile. "I should be the one who takes care of you guys, not the other way."
 
"You are the youngest between us," Doojoon wraps his left arm around my shoulder. "No matter what, we still need to take care of you as our little sister."
 
The bus stops for a while to take other passengers. My eyes lock on a couple who just step inside the bus, holding hands and laughing happily.
 
Doojoon notices where I'm looking, "Do you know them?"
 
"No," I shake my head. "I'm just wondering about something."
 
"What?" he frowns, curious.
 
"It looks so nice, being with someone who loves you," I mutter. "I guess I'm just wondering if maybe someone could love me."
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
I hold my breath after I heard her words; I can't believe she wondered about something like that. This is the first time I ever heard she talks about love as the topic.
 
She never talked about love. Let alone BEAST discuss about pretty girls, Haemi is always the one who smiles and keep quiet. She said that our ideal types are our own choices and she doesn't have any intention to mess it up.
 
Looks like this attitude is an inheritance from her mother.
 
"Yah, BEAST loves you," I say, trying to make her feel better. "Don't you love BEAST?"
 
"You know it's not what I meant," she giggles. "I love BEAST with all my heart. Don't worry."
 
When she said the 'love' word, my heart skips a beat.
 
No, no, control yourself, Doojoon. You can't blush here. Not now.
 
She said she loves BEAST, not me.
 
But why is my heart beating faster now?
 
She can't know about it. No one will ever know about it. I've tried my best to hide this hidden truth so hard in the past two years.
 
No one can know that I've fallen in love with Haemi before.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
"You're staying for dinner, right?" Dongwoon asks me while he is helping me with the dishes.
 
"Do I look like I will have dinner with someone else?" I reply casually. "I'm going to enjoy tonight with you but I will work on new song so you better help me out."
 
"Can we play at your place then?" Yoseob leans his body to the wall. "You're going to work with your keyboard, aren't you?"
 
"Guitar for tonight," I hand over the utensils to Dongwoon. "Sure, come over. I think it will be good to have dinner once in a while in my room."
 
"Yes!" Yoseob grins. "We are going to mess in Haemi's room!"
 
"Who said I will let you mess my room?" I laugh and continue washing the utensils.
 
After I check every room in their apartment, I tell them that we can go to my room now.
 
Junhyung is not going with us since he needs to meet Hara today.
 
"Send our love to her," Dongwoon grins and waves at Junhyung.
 
Junhyung laughs and waves at us, walking away from us. I open the door and let them step inside my apartment; it's not their first visit here.
 
"So will you write the lyrics too?" Hyunseung crosses his legs after he sat down in the main room.
 
"I don't know," I take my guitar from my bedroom. "I don't want to end up making a song of broken hearted person."
 
Silence.
 
"Hey, it's a joke!" I laugh and I can see they sigh in relief.
 
Well, I must move on.
 
It's not like my life revolves around Hyoseun.
 
It will take a really long time though.

__________

[Author's Note]

"It looks so nice, being with someone who loves you. I guess I'm just wondering if maybe someone could love me.
"
- originally from The Hunchback of Notredame #disneywords