№ 7 ∞ Firework

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
Ah, finally we arrived at Jeju Island. It feels really good here and I'm really happy with the fact I can spend the whole evening with Haemi, Yoseob, and Dongwoon here.
 
We take some pictures together; I even tweeted the pictures of Yoseob and Dongwoon on the Twitter so the fans will know that we are having fun.
 
I try to take a picture of the blue sky with my phone. Once I'm done with it, I turn and find Haemi is playing with Dongwoon happily.
 
They look like twins. Since they were born on the same year, it does actually make sense if they are real twins.
 
I don't even think people will make a rumor about them, looking at them now.
 
Personally, I don't think that one of our members will fall in love with Haemi since she is already like our manager, our mother, our older sister, our younger sister, and our best friend at the same time.
 
But I think time changes everything.
 
Yoseob is currently looking at Haemi now. I can see he frowns, looking annoyed with the scene of Haemi playing with Dongwoon.
 
Yoseob is the one who really loves to hang around Haemi. But in the past few days, he doesn't even talk with Haemi unless it's about work.
 
Doojoon doesn't even talk with me this morning. He just left for the recording without a word and it's so unusual for him.
 
Why do I have a feeling that something happened between them and Haemi?
 
A sound of water splash grabs my attention.
 
Haemi just fell down into the water accidentally.
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
I storm to the sea, not bothering to roll my jeans and just let them drenched by the water.
 
"Yah!" I pull Haemi's hand quickly. "Are you alright?"
 
"I'm fine," she laughs as she stands up, holding on my hand. "I just tripped over. Don't worry."
 
I was looking at her, playing with Dongwoon when she tripped over. I'm becoming more and more ridiculous; I'm even jealous with Dongwoon now.
 
What is wrong with me?
 
Dongwoon laughs, looking at Haemi, all drenched because of the water.
 
I stare at him and he stops his laughter in a flash.
 
"Out from the sea," I drag Haemi out from the sea. "Go change your clothes."
 
"Eh?" she blinks. "But I still want to play with-"
 
"I want to eat something," I lie. "So let's stop playing now."
 
She tilts her head, following me to the change rooms so she can change her clothes while Gikwang accompanies Dongwoon.
 
"Aigoo," Haemi murmurs when it's almost her turn to change. "I don't bring the spare clothes for my top!"
 
"Eh?" I mumble. "You don't have a shirt to change?"
 
"Ah, I bring two jeans but I don't even bring a shirt," she sighs. "I guess I just need to wear this shirt until we go back."
 
And she thinks I will let her get sick with the drenched shirt?
 
She must be kidding me.
 
I take my spare T-shirt from my bag and hand it to her, "Wear this."
 
Before she could even say a word, I quickly mutter, "Who will cook for us if you're sick?"
 
"Ah, yes, dinner," she chuckles and takes the T-shirt. "Wait a moment."
 
After around five minutes, she steps out from the change room with my T-shirt as her top. Since she has a petite figure, my T-shirt is too large for her; it's totally not her size.
 
"It's really large," she pouts and looks at the T-shirt. "It feels like I'm wearing a dress."
 
Aigoo, why am I blushing?
 
Why do I find she is really cute with the extra size T-shirt?
 
Yoseob, control yourself!
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
This T-shirt is way too large for me. The edge of the T-shirt even reaches my knee.
 
"Yoboseyo?" I look up when I hear Yosoeb is picking a call.
 
"Ah, yes, I know," he answers the call calmly. "Wait us there. I know, I know."
 
"Who is that?" I tilt my head, so I can look at his face directly, curious about what he was talking about.
 
"Y-Yah!" he steps backward from me. "Don't surprise me like that!"
 
Ah, he is blushing. So cute!
 
I always find that Yoseob is the cutest member. But then even though he looks like the youngest, he is actually wise and smart.
 
He turns around and walks quickly so I chase him with small steps, trying to a little bit more.
 
"Yah, Yoseob ah," I try to call him but he doesn't stop. "Yoseob ah!"
 
I pout and an idea crosses my mind. I run quickly and jump a little so I can reach his neck; I wrap my arms around his neck so he stops his step.
 
But, probably because it's too sudden, he ends up banging his back head with my forehead, causing me to let go of his neck unwillingly.
 
"Aish," I rub my forehead slowly. "It's hurt."
 
"Aigoo," he cups my face with panic tone. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Are you alright?"
 
I stick out my tongue, "I'm fine!"
 
He sighs in relief and pinches my cheeks, "Don't surprise me like that! You're going to make me explode!"
 
I laugh happily. It's been a while since the last time he pinched me like this. I feel that he has been drawing distance with me for unknown reason and I don't like it.
 
I lean closer and hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I rest my chin on his shoulder comfortably. 
 
"I like you the best, Yoseob ah," I mutter. "You are the best."
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
I'm really going to explode now.
 
I know she didn't mean what she just said. She said it because I'm her best friend. Not that she's saying that she likes me as someone she loves.
 
But I blush again. My heart is beating uncontrollably now. My mind freezes because of her.
 
She is hugging me and she just said that she likes me!
 
I wish the time will stop for now. I really want to have her in my side like this a little bit longer.
 
Gikwang just called me, telling me that he will be waiting at the cafe near the beach with Dongwoon because they are feeling thirsty.
 
I embrace Haemi tighter, inhaling her sweet scent. Noticing that she is wearing my T-shirt, I hug her even tighter but gentle.
 
Suddenly, as if I can't control my body, I lower my face so my lips can reach cheek.
 
I land a quick kiss on her cheek and move down to her neck, planting a deep kiss. I notice she clutches on my shirt, surprised with my sudden gesture.
 
The next thing I know, I plant another kiss on her shoulder since her bare skin of the shoulder is exposed, thanks to my large size T-shirt.
 
"Y-Yoseob ah," she slightly pushes me away on my shoulders, giving me senses to back to the reality.
 
I blink and realize what I just did.
 
Oh my, why did I do that?
 
I can feel that my face is burning now. Haemi's cheeks are flushed pink, showing that she is really surprised with what I've just did.
 
I clench my fists, trying to find a word to say to her in this awkward situation.
 
"Don't say you like someone that easy," I murmur. "You'll never know how much the word can affect someone else."
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
After he kissed my shoulder, after his words, Yoseob walked away and I followed him behind, not bothering to open up a conversation.
 
Why did he do that? What did he mean? Is something wrong?
 
We met Gikwang and Dongwoon in a little cafe near the beach. I try to act as if nothing happened, hoping they won't notice that something is wrong between me and Yoseob.
 
"Ah, there will be fireworks in fifteen minutes!" I hear one of the waiter tells his friend. "Our shift will be over soon. Do you want to watch it?"
 
"Sure!" the girl answers, giving a warm smile.
 
"Wow, fireworks," Gikwang murmurs. "I want to watch it too! Let's watch it before return to home!"
 
"Give up," Dongwoon mumbles. "I'm way too tired. I will wait here."
 
"Me too," Yoseob answers without looking at Gikwang. "I want to eat something here."
 
"Aish, you guys are so lazy!" Gikwang laughs and turns to me. "You're going to watch the fireworks, right, Haemi?"
 
Since I don't think it's a good idea to be with Yoseob now and I want to watch the firework too, I nod, "Sure. Do you think we need to go now?"
 
"Fine with it," Gikwang grins and stands up from his seat. "Be right back!"
 
We leave the cafe and walk to the beach; we're lucky that today is not weekend so there are not too crowded.
 
We stand under a coconut tree, waiting for the fireworks to start.
 
"Thank you, Haemi ah," Gikwang says after a while, "for coming with us. I really enjoy everything today."
 
"You're very welcome," I smile to him, trying to forget about what happened between me and Yoseob.
 
It's only his new way of teasing me. It must be it.
 
"Ah, the firework starts!" Gikwang points to the sky.
 
I look at the fireworks. They are beautiful.
 
"It will be really romantic if you are my girlfriend," Gikwang mutters, not looking away from the fireworks but I am looking at him now, surprised by his words.
 
He is joking, I know.
 
But this uneasy feeling fills my heart.
 
"Under the night sky. Fireworks. A couple," he turns to me and grins. "What a romantic scene."
 
"Then," I murmur vividly, "what if I become your real girlfriend?"
 
I must be playing too much in the sea today.
 
What did I just say?