№ 24 ∞ Eternal / Doojoon

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
- Yoseob's POV -
 
I put down my phone. I just talked over the phone with Haemi; she just told me her decision, her final decision of everything.
 
A part of me is glad that she has chose, because she will fight for her own happiness. She always been the one who sacrificed her happiness for us, letting herself to make us happy with every way.
 
It's our turn to make her happy.
 
But another part of my heart is bleeding. It's the first time I ever feel this hurt because of loving someone else.
 
The one that captured her heart because of his sincere love. She never realized it until he told her that he would be happy if she was happy.
 
The kiss we shared that day is our last kiss. Strange enough, I already had a feeling about that. I knew somehow that she won't choose me.
 
Ironic, isn't it?
 
I wipe away a tear that just escaped my eyes.
 
Ah, I should be happy for her, right?
 
I still can love her as my best friend. I still can love her as my sister.
 
After all, I should be happy if she is happy.
 
"Im Haemi," I sigh and look at my phone wallpaper, the picture of me and Haemi together on my last year birthday.
 
"Promise me. Be happy."
 
 
+ Gikwang's POV +
 
I look at the screen of my phone again. No new notification.
 
Of course there is nothing new. Aegi is still at Tokyo. What am I expecting from her?
 
I look at the clock. It's already 7 PM now.
 
I will return to my apartment in an hour with other staffs so I decided to wait for them on the rooftop of the building.
 
I can't believe I spend Haemi's birthday without her, thanks to my hectic schedule on Jeju Island since two days ago.
 
I've called her at midnight, being the first person to call her. For my surprise, after I gave her the birthday greeting, she told me that she has been thinking about her heart's decision.
 
That's when I finally decided to tell her how I feel.
 
I knew it would break her heart but I didn't want to hide it any more. If we're meant to be, there will be a way for us, right?
 
I told her about my feeling for Aegi, which was made her really surprised. I told her that I want her to be happy but I wasn't sure that I would be the one for her.
 
Haemi assured me that she would move on from my feeling. She was crying slightly when we're on the phone; but at least it's better now than late.
 
Haemi told me that she would support me with Aegi, just like what I always did for her.
 
"We're best friends."
 
Her words echoed in my mind.
 
A sudden sound of slammed door distracts my attention. I turn around and see Aegi with her white jacket, catching her breath; looks like she just ran really fast to come here.
 
"A-Aegi?" I blink in surprise.
 
What is she doing here?
 
She should be in Tokyo, right?
 
"Lee Gikwang," she sighs with frustration, approaching me with small steps. "What did you just say to Haemi?"
 
My heart sinks. Ah, it's about Haemi.
 
"If I really care for her, I will tell her the truth," I stand up and answer calmly, trying to control my heartbeat.
 
If she knows how much I want to hug her, to tell her how I feel for her.
 
Aegi is a really special person for me. I don't know how to describe it though.
 
Even though I tried to forget in after she left to Taiwan, even though I tried to force myself to love Haemi, even though I kept telling myself that I didn't have any chance to have her heart...
 
I still love her.
 
For her caring personality for us. For her shy yet brave attitude. For her everything.
 
"Gikwang," she sighs sadly. "I can't beli-"
 
I don't want to wait for her to continue.
 
I crash my lips on hers, kissing her passionately. She flinches a little; she even tries to push me but when I cup one of her cheeks with my hand, deepening the kiss, she gives up.
 
She closes her eyes, kissing me back slightly but sure.
 
"Tell me," I whisper after parted the kiss. "Do you still love Doojoon?"
 
Her cheeks are blushing madly. She avoids my eyes but then she murmurs, "No..."
 
"Then tell me," I bury my face in her hair, inhaling her sweet scent, "Do you love me?"
 
"Yah, Gikwang," she tries to prevent me from getting closer to her. "I returned to Seoul for Haemi's birthday. She told me about your phone call and told me to meet you at Jeju Island. That's all."
 
"If you don't love me, why did you even bother to come here?" I raise my eyebrow. "Don't you use Haemi as the reason."
 
"I-I-I...," Aegi stammers. She is trying to find another alibi but she doesn't have one.
 
I chuckle, knowing that she is too shy to speak out what she is actually feeling now.
 
But I know her.
 
"Just admit it, will you?"
 
And then I kiss her lips again.
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
"Done," I talk to myself. I look around and sigh when I see the mess I have done to the kitchen.
 
I asked the other members to help me for a birthday surprise plan for Haemi. I said that I want to cook for her since she's always been the one to cook for us.
 
For my surprise, Yoseob told me to do it by myself because they have another plan. Yoseob refused to tell me but he left me a message before he dragged the other members away from the apartment.
 
"Surprise her or you will regret it."
 
I wonder what he was trying to say. But I really think that I need to do something special for Haemi.
 
I mean it's her birthday. Despite the fact that she has told me that Yoseob was the one who crossed her mind that day, I want today to be a really special day for her.
 
Putting aside whatever happened between her and Yoseob, her and Gikwang, or even me and Aegi.
 
Aegi told me to be happy. Aegi told me to make Haemi happy.
 
And I'm trying.
 
"Yah, you don't lock the door."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
Haemi has returned from her meeting with our manager. Why didn't they lock the door?!
 
"Doojoon Oppa?" she calls my name, making my heart to start beating faster. I can feel that she is coming closer to the kitchen. "Is there anyone home?"
 
"Yo," I grin awkwardly to her, making her to turn in surprise.
 
She burst into laughter.
 
"My apron looks cute on you," she wipes away her happy tears. "Pink does suit you."
 
Aish, I forgot to take off the apron!
 
"Yah," I put the apron aside. "Stop laughing. I took it off already."
 
"I'm sorry," she tries to hold her laughter. "It's so cute."
 
"Yah," I pinch her cheeks since I can't resist to happy face. "I'm trying to cook something for your birthday, little princess."
 
"Eh?" she stops her struggling from my pinch.
 
Her eyes examine the kitchen to find more than ten plates of different dishes. I'm not really good at cook actually and I don't know which one will taste good so I made all of them quickly.
 
"You cooked them for me?" she frowns with disbelief.
 
"I can't promise you that it will be delicious," I rub my head with embarassment. "It's far from delicious compared to your cook."
 
She takes a spoon of the omelette; the burnt omelette!
 
"Haemi ah!" I take the spoon away from her hand. Why did she even pick the omelette from all other dishes?
 
"It's good," she smiles sweetly. "Thank you, Doojoon Oppa."
 
I blink. Did she just say it's delicious? The burnt omelette?
 
"You cooked it for me," she chuckles at my shocked face. "That's what made it special."
 
My cheeks start to blush as the blood rushes to my brain. I can't think properly now because of her words.
 
"Thank you for loving me," she touches my warm cheek with her fingers. "I wonder if I am the one for you, Doojoon Oppa."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
"Is it too late for me to say that I fall for you?" she smiles.
 
"Haemi ah," I embrace her hand. "You're everything I want."
 
Today is indeed a special day.
 
I kiss her lips. This time she kisses me back.
 
I part the kiss and whisper softly.
 
"I love you."
 
__________
 
[Author's Note]
 
"You're everything I want."
- Everything I Want by Steve Rushton