№ 20 ∞ Flashback: Little Did They Knew

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
Aegi just done with her luggage. She was going to leave Seoul today to Taiwan for her training.
 
Aegi dragged the luggage down to the lobby, waiting for Haemi to come over because she had promised Aegi to send her off today.
 
Haemi has been Aegi's best friend since junior high school. They shared same interests, they were both talented in arts, and the thing Haemi didn't know, they fell in love with one person.
 
During the senior high school, Aegi couldn't help herself from falling in love with Hyoseun, Haemi's fiancee. She knew Hyoseun since junior high school but she never thought that she would fall for him.
 
Hyoseun's calm and mysterious attitude captivated her heart, making her heart to flatter whenever they were together. But Aegi hid everything good enough from Haemi, knowing that Haemi loved Hyoseun truly.
 
Aegi moved on quickly from Hyoseun especially after they've graduated. She supported Haemi with Hyoseun through up and down, wishing both of them the best.
 
Ever since Haemi worked under CUBE Entertainment, they didn't spend much time together but they still kept in touch.
 
That was the start line of the most complicated relationship in their lives.
 
Aegi started to fall in love with Doojoon. They started as best friends because Doojoon was the oldest member among BEAST members while Aegi had the most mature personality from girls around her age.
 
They quickly got along. Even though Aegi was really close with Hyunseung but she felt different when she's with Doojoon.
 
She felt the butterflies in her stomach whenever she was with Doojoon. Doojoon made her like she was a princess.
 
When Aegi finally told Doojoon about her feeling, she wasn't really surprised to know that Doojoon was in love with Haemi; Aegi already knew about it from the way Doojoon looked at her best friend.
 
But Haemi was too blind to see his love to her. She dedicated her heart only for Hyoseun.
 
Even though Aegi was a really mature and calm person, love did change her heart for once. Doojoon agreed to be in a relationship with her but those two weeks passed quickly.
 
Aegi knew Doojoon's heart belonged to Haemi and she couldn't do anything about it if Doojoon didn't try to erase his feeling. She tried to forget her feeling to Hyoseun, that's why she could fall for Doojoon.
 
But Doojoon couldn't do the same. His heart was attached to Haemi even though he knew that Haemi didn't see him as someone more than a big brother.
 
That's why Haemi called him as "Oppa" because Haemi was the only child in her family; she wished to have an older brother and Doojoon was her ideal type of a brother.
 
The complexity didn't stop there.
 
Aegi decided to take a training course to Taiwan because of three main reasons.
 
First because she needed to focus on her training so she could start her debut soon. Unlike Haemi, Aegi wanted to debut as an artist and she really hoped that one day Haemi would work as her partner.
 
Secondly, Aegi thought she needed some space with Haemi. She loved Haemi as her sister, her best friend, but sometimes she couldn't help to feel jealous of Haemi. She was Hyoseun's fiancee and the guy she loved always love her.
 
No, she didn't hate Haemi, instead because she loved her, she wanted Haemi to be happy with whoever she loved.
 
Third of all, she wanted Gikwang to move on from his feeling towards her. Gikwang has confessed to Aegi and she rejected him, telling him that she didn't look at him as more than best friend.
 
Ironic.
 
Aegi loved Doojoon who only saw her as best friend yet Gikwang fell in love with Aegi who only saw him as best friend as well.
 
She cared for Haemi. She cared for BEAST. They were like her second family.
 
"Aegi!"
 
Haemi rushed to hug Aegi. She just arrived with the other members of BEAST. Their manager drove the van to drop Haemi because BEAST had another schedule for  a meeting today.
 
"I'm sorry we can send you off," Doojoon smiled to Aegi, the smile that once made her fall in love with him. "Tell us when you're arrived at Taiwan."
 
"I'm going to miss you," Hyunseung approached Aegi and hugged her in brotherly way. "I bet you will miss us too."
 
"I will miss Haemi for sure," Aegi chuckled as she linked her arms with Haemi. Haemi returned her chuckle with a bright smile.
 
"Take care of yourself there," Gikwang muttered with a weak smile. His heart still belonged to Aegi; he couldn't forget Aegi easily.
 
"I will," Aegi nodded. "Please take care of Haemi while I'm gone."
 
"You're saying that as if I am your daughter," Haemi laughed happily. "I am the one who will take care of them. I'm their personal assistant!"
 
"Yah! We can take care of ourselves too!" Yoseob chirped in with his complaint. "Aegi ah, we will wait for you to massage us after you're back! You're way better than Haemi in massaging!"
 
"I'm so not going to cook dinner for you," Haemi joked and Aegi laughed along with her best friend.
 
"Well, we better go now," Junhyung said. "We have an important meeting with the President."
 
"Sure," Aegi replied. "Haemi will go back right away after sending me off."
 
They bid each other goodbye. Aegi and Haemi took a taxi to reach the airport, exchanging stories on their way there.
 
But they hid something.
 
Even between best friends there were things that better left unsaid.
 
Aegi hid the fact that she was in love with Doojoon, the fact that Doojoon was in love with Haemi. She didn't think that she needed to tell about Gikwang's confession as well.
 
While Haemi hid her intuition that telling her about her unsure relationship with Hyoseun, the fact that Hyoseun has drawn distance with her. She didn't want Aegi to worry about her.
 
But little did they knew.
 
That their love lives were more complicated than they could ever imagined.
 
For Haemi to lose her first love because of another girl.
 
For Yoseob to realize his feeling towards Haemi.
 
For Haemi to fall in love with Gikwang who only thinks of her as a best friend.
 
For Gikwang to keep his heart to Aegi who refuses to start a relationship after her heart is broken by Doojoon.
 
For Aegi to help Doojoon with her love to Haemi.
 
Their friendship. Their love. Their everything.
 
The turning point of their lives.