№ 10 ∞ Kiss

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Yoseob's POV//
 
Haemi is busy preparing the ingredients for making pudding. She knows that we love to have desserts after dinner.
 
"Yoseob, plate, give me the plate," Haemi calls me because she is preparing the forks. "Do you want chocolate favor or vanilla flavor?"
 
"Both?" I laugh and grab some plates from the shelf.
 
"You are greedy," she puts a fork on each plate, smiling brightly.
 
The smile that always capture my heart.
 
"Yoseob ah," she suddenly says without looking at me, preparing glasses for us to drink. "Can I ask you something?"
 
My heart skips a beat. What does she want to ask me about?
 
"W-what?" I try to keep calm even thought my heart is already beating faster.
 
She turns her body and face me, "Do you think I need to try the strawberry flavor?"
 
I sigh in relief. She is going to make my heart jumps. Seriously.
 
"I still prefer chocolate," I approach her and lean to the wall so I can look at her directly. "As long as it you who make it, I don't think we will refuse to eat it."
 
"Because all of you are greedy for food," she sticks her tongue and suddenly steps closer to me, pinching my cheeks playfully. "You will be a chubby Yoseob soon!"
 
"Yah!" I pinch her as a revenge. "You are the one to blame for that!"
 
She tip toes to keep pinching my cheeks but I also stand on my toes, so she will let go of my cheeks first.
 
"You're cheating, Yoseob ah!" she jumps up and down, hitting my chest lightly.
 
I laugh as I grab her wrists with both of my hands, pulling her a little bit closer to me so she will stop hitting my chest.
 
I can feel her sweet scent because she is really close to me now.
 
My heart starts beating rapidly. My cheeks blush; I can feel my face is burning.
 
Her long hair, her beautiful eyes, her cute smile. She is right in front of me now.
 
The only person I love.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
Yoseob holds me tightly, not letting my hand go even just for a bit so I decide to look up and talk to him.
 
A second after that, I can feel he leans closer.
 
He kisses my lips.
 
My brain stops working. I stun and freeze on my stand.
 
This is my first kiss.
 
And it's Yoseob.
 
Why?
 
He breaks the kiss, looking at me with his flushed pink chees.
 
Before I could even say a word, I feel another person's presence in the kitchen.
 
I turn and I think my heart will really jump out now.
 
Doojoon is looking at us with wide eyes, having the disbelieveness all written on his face.
 
Did he see the kiss?
 
He rushes to Yoseob and grabs his shirt, giving him deadly glare, "What were you thinking?!"
 
"O-Oppa," I recollect my consciousness, knowing that this situation is really bad. I try to get his hand off of Yoseob.
 
"Yah, what happened?" Gikwang and Junhyung step to the kitchen and they look completely shock with what they're looking.
 
When I realize that Doojoon has lift his hand to hit Yoseob, I push Yoseob away, causing the punch to land on my right cheek.
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
I was thinking of taking a can of soda from the refrigerator when I notice Haemi and Yoseob are standing, facing each other.
 
It can't be.
 
Why is Yoseob kissing Haemi?
 
I have a feeling that he has a feeling towards Haemi but I never thought that he would do this far with kissing her.
 
Without even thinking, I grab Yoseob's shirt, shouting with anger, "What were you thinking?!"
 
I can't believe it! How could he kiss Haemi? It's not like Haemi is his girlfriend!
 
Did Haemi let him kiss her?
 
I don't even bother to look at Haemi now. My anger takes control of my body. I clench my fist and let it fly to Yoseob's direction.
 
But my punch never landed on his face.
 
Haemi was protecting Yoseob from my punch; my punch lands on Haemi's face. She tried to cover her face with her arm but the punch still landed on her cheek.
 
I quickly let go of Yoseob's shirt; my eyes widen by shock because I just hit Haemi, even though it's an accident.
 
"Yah!" Gikwang rushes to Haemi's side. "Are you two crazy?!"
 
I blink.
 
"Are you alright?" Gikwang kneels down and checks her face. "Aish, you're bleeding!"
 
"H-haemi ah," Yoseob steps closer to her.
 
"Stop," Gikwang mutters, looking at both of me and Yoseob. "Clear your head first. I'm going to take care of Haemi."
 
Gikwang holds Haemi's hand and they leave, heading to Haemi's room; I can see the bruise on her cheek. And it's because of me.
 
"What did I do?" I clench my fist, leaning to the wall, frustrating because of myself.
 
"You two need to explain what happened to us," Junhyung sighs. "Now."
 
 
//Gikwang's POV//
 
"Hold on," I bite my bottom lip as I put the wet cloth on her cheek.
 
She flinches a little, probably because Doojoon hit her hard enough. The bruise is really visible and her lips are bleeding.
 
We are sitting in the main room of Haemi's apartment because I don't think it's a good idea if she stays in our apartment, not when Doojoon and Yoseob are still in this condition.
 
"You shouldn't jump like that," I mumble. "Look what happened now to your face."
 
"And let Doojoon Oppa punch Yoseob?" she blurts out. "I couldn't let it happen. You know that."
 
I check the bruise. It's not really bad actually; maybe Doojoon realized Haemi was protecting Yoseob in the last second so he decreased his power, but it is still painful for a girl like Haemi.
 
"What happened?" I look at her sadly. "What made Doojoon so angry with Yoseob? That was the first time I ever saw Doojoon wanted to punch Yoseob."
 
I notice a tear escaped from her eyes. She looks down, staring the floor as she cries, "I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry."
 
"Ssh, ssh," I try to comfort her, pulling her slowly into a hug without pressing her bruise. "Don't say that. Don't cry."
 
"I just want to stay as family with them. I just want to stay like what we always be," she clutches my shirt, sobbing uncontrollably.
 
It is the first time I see Haemi cry.
 
"Doojoon Oppa confessed to me last night," Haemi tells me, wiping her tears away. "And Yoseob just..."
 
She pauses for seconds while I'm waiting for her continuation.
 
"...Yoseob just kissed me."
 
My eyes widen because of her words.
 
What? Yoseob kissed her?
 
Aigoo, he went too far!
 
"I ruin everything," Haemi starts to cry again. "If only I.. If only I..."
 
"Stop, stop crying," I wipe away her tears with my thumb gently. "There's nothing you could do."
 
She looks really fragile. The strong and cheerful Haemi I know is crying because of the love she didn't expect from two of her best friends.
 
Looking at her like this makes my heart aches. I don't want to see her cry. I'm supposed to protect her... as her best friend.

But I can't bear to see her cry like this.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
The bruise is painful but my heart is hurting even more. I never thought that Doojoon and Yoseob would be in a conflict because of me.
 
Gikwang leans closer to me and kiss my eyes, "Stop, don't cry. Please."
 
My heart skips a beat. His face is really close to mine. His eyes are looking at me deeply.
 
He kisses my dropping tears, washing them away with his lips. I let him shower me with the little kisses while his hand embraces my hand tightly.
 
With his other hand, he lifts my chin and his eyes lock with mine for seconds.
 
Suddenly, I don't know whether this is only a mere illusion or a dream, Gikwang leans closer to me.
 
Our lips meet.