№ 2 ∞ Best Friends

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Yoseob's POV//
 
We have done our dance practice and we're planning to grab something to eat before going back to the apartment.
 
"Where is Haemi?" I ask Hyunseung when we already gather together in front of the elevator.
 
"I thought she's with you," Hyunseung shrugs.
 
"Aish," I scratch my head. "I'll catch up later with Haemi!"
 
I turn around and try to call her phone since she can be anywhere in this building, but she doesn't pick up the call.
 
I decide to check the dance practice room and, I was right, when I open the door, Haemi is still practicing the new dance moves.
 
She is really great in dancing. She can be a famous artist if only she gives it a try but unfortunately she dislikes spotlight; she prefers to work behind the scene, enjoying her works with choreography and composing music rather than become an artist.
 
"Yah, Haemi ah," I call her name and step inside to approach her.
 
"Ah, Yoseob," she stops the dance and turns to me.
 
Yes, she doesn't call me with Oppa since I'm only a year older than her. Doojoon is the only member she calls with Oppa since he is the oldest from all of us.
 
"We're going to eat something first before going back to apartment," I explain. "Are you coming?"
 
"Ah, you can go first, I will catch up later," Haemi smiles. "I don't feel like want to eat now."
 
I examine her face and notice that she is drenched by sweat; probably because she practiced really hard. I  guess this is her way to get rid of her broken heart.
 
"You need to eat something," I try to wipe her sweat with my hand. "You haven't ate anything today."
 
"Yah, Yoseob, don't use your hand to wipe my sweat," she steps backwards. "You need to wash your hand after this."
 
"What? Are you my mother now?" I joke. "Come here, you little girl!"
 
She tries to escape from me but since her energy has been drained after the dance pratice, she can't escape my quick moves.
 
I catch her by wrapping my right arm around her waist, not letting her to escape from me.
 
"Not fair!" she laughs as she tries to make me release my grip on her.
 
"Don't mess with me!" I ruffle her hair with my left hand and she laughs happily.
 
Ah, she laughs. Finally.
 
When I stop ruffling her hair and loosen my embrace from her, she notices something is wrong and turns to me, "Yoseob?"
 
I'm glad to hear her laughter. The gloomy face doesn't suit her.
 
"You're better when you smile," I pat her head with a grin on my face. "I don't want to see your sad smile but if you really want to cry, just tell me!"
 
She giggles, "Do you really want to see me cry?"
 
"Well, no, Haemi ah," I pinch her cheeks. "I want you to cook me dinner tonight!"
 
"Aigoo... Yoseob!" she tries to tickle me but I run away from her.
 
"Come on. I'm not going anywhere without you," I say after I stopped laughing. "You need to eat something if you want to chase me."
 
"I'm so not going to cook you dinner!" she sticks out her tongue.
 
"Yah!" I blurt out. "Don't make me chase you down!"
 
She laughs and leaves the dance practice room to change her outfit.
 
I hope she will forget that Hyoseun soon.
 
 
//Gikwang's POV//
 
"Thank you for the dinner~!" we shout in unison to Haemi.
 
"You're very welcome," Haemi chuckles. "I will be happier if someone helps me with the dishes."
 
"Today it's Gikwang turn!" Hyunseung mentions. "It's Friday!"
 
"Yah!" I laugh. "I know it's my turn!"
 
While the other members sit in circle in the middle of the room, I help Haemi with the dishes.
 
I take a glance at her; I'm still worried about her since I know that she really loves Hyoseun. Her heart must be breaking into pieces now.
 
What can I do to make her feel better?
 
"Haemi ah," I mutter her name after I put all dishes in order. "Do you want to take a walk for a while?"
 
"It's 9 PM now," she answers without looking at me, washing the dishes carefully.
 
"Come on," I try to pursuade her. "It's been a while since we went out together."
 
"You better think of an excuse if your fans see us," she finishes the last utensil. "Where are we going?"
 
"Now that is my Haemi!" I grin and pat her head softly.
 
After I told the other members that I will be going out with Haemi for a while, I rush out from the apartment with Haemi, complete with our own jackets to cover ourselves from the cold.
 
We sit on a bench at the park near our apartment after I bought a cup of hot chocolate for her.
 
"Gomawo, Gikwang ah," she takes the cup from me and takes the sip of the hot chocolate cautiously. "Aish, it's hot."
 
"Of course it is," I laugh. "Be careful."
 
There are seconds of silence so I decide to open up a conversation about Hyoseun, since I want to assure Haemi that she needs to forget about Hyoseun sooner or later.
 
"Haemi ah, if you really sad, you can cry. You don't need to hold back your tears," I mutter.
 
Unlike what I thought, she chuckles and lowers down her cup, "All of you really want to see me cry, don't you?"
 
"Eh?" is all my reaction.
 
"Don't worry," she winks playfully. "I'm feeling better now, thanks to all of you for cheering me up this whole day. It will take a while for me to forget him though. Until then, please support me."
 
"Well, well," I grin. "I kept saying how much I needed you, but you needed me more!"
 
"Yah, don't get too cocky!" she hits my shoulder lightly. "You still need me for waking you up and cooking you dinner!"
 
"And you still need me as your best friend!" I mumble and we laugh together.
 
Yes, she is the only girl I ever consider as my best friend. Her cheerful personality captivated me since the first time I met her.
 
I know that we're meant to be best friends.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
After having fun conversation with Gikwang, we immediately returned to our apartment. I bid him good night and told him to pass my good night to the other members.
 
I lay down on my bed, staring at my phone.
 
What am I expecting now?
 
A phone call? A text message?
 
"Hyoseun is not going to contact you, Haemi ah, you know that," I talk to myself.
 
It will take a while to make me forget about him. I never thought of loving someone else other than thim. All I ever care about is him as the one I love.
 
I sigh and close my eyes, drifting to sleep, knowing that tomorrow will be just another day for me to live on.
 
After all, I have BEAST, my best friends.
 
I don't need to worry about anything else.
 
__________
 
[Author's Note]
 
"I kept saying how much I needed you, but you needed me more."
- originally from Lilo & Stitch 2 #disneywords