№ 13 ∞ Decision

Aeternus ∞ Eternus

//Doojoon's POV//

I'm tired. I'm tired with the cold war between me and Yoseob. I hate it when I don't talk to him like usual; we used to laugh together everyday. We used to tease and joke around with Haemi.

This conflict can't go on. It will affect our works, even just for a little bit. I must prevent the disturbance from happening.

I've decided to talk with Haemi after our recording, after we arrive at our apartment. But before that, I need to talk with Yoseob.

He is leaning against the wall, waiting for us from cleaning our make ups. I didn't bother to clean it, and neither did he. He stormed out from the make up room after our recording.

"Yoseob," I call his name slowly.

He turns to look at me; his eyes widen in surprise. He must not expected me to talk with him face to face like this.

"I'm sorry," I murmur sincerely. "I shouldn't have been that angry with you last night."

He doesn't say anything so I continue again, "I will talk to Haemi after this. I will apologize to her."

"I should be the one who apologizing," Yoseob mutters with apologetic tone. "I shouldn't kiss her."

If he said things like this yesterday, I would punch him on his face seriously. Of course he shouldn't kiss Haemi!

But I can control myself now so I just sigh and look at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I fall in love with Haemi," he says, making my heart to skip a beat upon his confession. "She didn't know it. I didn't tell her before. But yesterday, I just lost control over myself. I wanted her to know my feeling. That's all."

I know how he feels. I feel the same all the time when I was with Haemi. The difference is I didn't go too far with a kiss.

"I was mad at you because you stole her first kiss," I explain. "You know that it's her first kiss, right?"

He nods slightly, still having the sad expression on his face, "I know. That's why I'm feeling like I'm the biggest fool in the world."

"I guess I'm fitting with that term too," I laugh awkwardly. "I guess we are the nominees for biggest fool in the world award."


//Yoseob's POV//

I was really surprised when Doojoon started to talk with me. To be honest, I hate the atmosphere between us now; we're supposed to be brothers, right?

But our pride, our love, our feeling won over everything.

I laugh along with him when he's making the joke of biggest fool in the world award. It's a lame joke, but I feel better when I can laugh together with him.

"Hey," Doojoon reaches out his hand to me, "Family."

I smile and shake my hand with him, "Family."

We hug as a sign of our truce. There is no reason for us to stay in the cold atmosphere. We're going to meet each other everyday.

"Ah," I suddenly remember my conversation with Gikwang this morning, "about Haemi. I don't think you know it yet."

"What?" he raises his eyebrow, curiousity written on his face.

"She...," I cross my arms, unsure about whether I should tell him or not, "...confessed to Gikwang this morning. She said that she loves Gikwang."

Doojoon's eyes widen, showing the disbelieveness, "What?!"

Ah, what a reaction. I know how he feels.

"Then, what did Gikwang say to her? Did he accept her feeling?" Doojoon blurts the question quickly, definitely panic.

"I know you must be really shocked. None of us predicted it before," I rub my head. "Gikwang told me this morning that he will try to treat Haemi as his girlfriend if both of us keep hurting her."

"Wait," Doojoon frowns. "Try to treat? Doesn't it mean he doesn't love Haemi back?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "He only warned me not to hurt Haemi anymore. He told me to talk with Haemi as soon as possible."

"Fine, I'll talk to her," Doojoon sighs with frustration. He looks at me and adds, "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything to her. It's just... talk."

I nod with embarassment, "I know. Don't worry. Please tell her I'm really sorry for what I did."


//Haemi's POV//

Doojoon called me to meet him at a small cafe near our apartment. We used to go there with the other members whenever I was too lazy to prepare desserts for them.

I find him sitting alone in the corner of the cafe. There are two cups of coffee on the table; looks like he ordered a drink for me.

"Doojoon Oppa," I manage to smile when he turns to look at me.

"Hey," he smiles sadly. "You look better."

"Sleeping help," I chuckle as I take a seat across from him. "Thank you for the coffee."

There were seconds of silence before he finally speaks out, "I'm sorry for causing the bruise."

I know he is going to apologize to me as soon as he meet me.

"I shouldn't have been that mad last night. I wasn't supposed to think of hitting Yoseob last night," he bows down. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not that bad," I try to assure him. "The bruise. Gikwang has took care of it so I feel so much better now."

"Doojoon Oppa," I take a deep breath, looking at him straightly. "The bruise will heal eventually. But I'm thinking about our friendship."

He leans to the chair and sighs, "I know. I'm thinking about it as well. I've talked to Yoseob and we've reached a conclusion."

I hold my breath, waiting for him to continue.

"We're very, very sorry for what happened yesterday. We promise that it won't happen again twice," Doojoon explains. "We will control our emotion. We promise."

"I am wondering," I clear my throat awkwardly, "are you two really serious about your feeling? About me?"

I feel embarassed when I asked that. I'm so bold.

"Do you think I could be so enraged by the kiss if I'm not serious?" he mumbles. "Do you think Yoseob would kiss you like that if he's not serious?"

I blush because of his words. Actually it is a stupid question. Of course they are serious. I know them too well.

"But you can put we aside for a while," Doojoon intertwines his fingers together and looks as me with serious expression. "I want to ask you something too."

I blink; I think I know what he is going to ask.

"What's going on between you and Gikwang?"


//Gikwang's POV//

I play around with my phone, waiting for Haemi to reply my text message. I know she's with Doojoon right now.

I guess Doojoon and Yoseob have talked. Looks like I don't need to worry about them for now. tAfter all Their brotherhood and friendship surface the conflict between them.

"Hey," Yoseob sits next to me, "can we talk?"

I put down my phone and smile at him, "Sure."

"It's about Haemi," he says and the uneasy feeling strikes me again.

Ever since I talked to Haemi this morning, I am confused with my own feeling.

One thing for sure, I don't want her to be sad. I don't want to see her tears. That's the first reason I told her about being a couple with her.

I never thought of her as more than a best friend, but so did she.

An idea to try being her lover crossed my mind. Can I make her happier, considering that she is actually in love with me?

But somehow I know it is wrong.

You can't accept someone's love when you just see that person as a best friend. Not even with the reason that you want your friend to be happy.

"Are you serious about Haemi?" Yoseob blurts the question.

"I...," I pause for seconds. "I'm not sure."

I need to be honest with him.

He loves Haemi. He cares for her. He is my best friend as well. And I don't plan to ruin my friendship with Yoseob or Doojoon.

I need to tell them the truth.

"If she is happy with you, I will try to accept it," Yoseob clenches his fists. "But if you're not even sure with your feeling, please don't think you can make her happier by accepting her feeling."

My heart sinks by his words. He is right. I know that.

When I was going to reply his words, my phone rings.

It's Haemi.


//Haemi's POV//

I sigh, leaning to the wall as I wait for Gikwang in front of their room. I've called him and told him that I've done talking with Doojoon.

I told Doojoon about my confession to Gikwang. I also told him what Gikwang's reaction was.

He didn't say much; Doojoon only asked me to think deeply about my decision. He didn't want to force me to choose between him, Yoseob, and Gikwang.

I know that I shouldn't make a decision when I was too emotional. Just like last night and this morning. My emotion clouded my decision making.

What if Gikwang just said that because he was worrying about me?

The couple topic was actually a taboo, considering that they are actually forbidden from having relationships for now. Ah, yes, Junhyung is an exception because he shows us that he maintains his work well even though he is in a relationship.

My decision will affect a lot of things.

My job. Our friendship. Their professionalism.

The door is opened by Gikwang; he steps out from the room. He smiles to me sweetly, "Hey, sorry for waiting. Where is Doojoon?"

"He said he is going somewhere," I say, nervous for no reason. "Do you want to talk in my room?"

"Well, actually I need to meet our manager in fifteen minutes to arrange my schedule," he rubs his head. "I just need to ask you a question."

My heart skips a beat.

"Ne?" I respond as my heart is beating rapidly.

"Haemi, will you be my girlfriend?"