Ch. 9 The Baby's Father

Please Don't Cry

Please Don't Cry Ch.9

               The Baby's Father

                "....I...I'm sorry...Appa...Eomma..." Sungyeol said teary, "...I made a mistake..."

               Sungyeol couldn't find courage to face them, or explain to them the situation he got himself into. All he knew how to say was sorry. He knew his parents had high expectations of him, and yet he had trusted the wrong person and let them down.

               "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." Sungyeol said looking down, droplets of tears fell on the ground, " I trusted...the wrong person...and..."

               "So, it's true, what that other boy said about you going to that pregnancy clinic?" Mrs. Lee said her voice shaking. Her son couldn't do anything but nod. He felt really ashamed of himself towards his parents. They were strict on him, but because they cared a lot about him.

               Sungyeol knew his parents worked hard to raise him, and he had let them down.

 

               *Slap*

                Sungyeol's mom tearfully slapped her son across the face in a mixture of anger, disappointment, and hurt upon hearing his words, and seeing his actions that confirmed their nightmare. Mr. Lee remain rigid holding his ground with fists clenched, and hold an unreadable expression. L looked down and didn't fight back, or tried to explain himself, he wanted to help Sungyeol, but he really didn't know how.

               "You! It's your fault! I can't believe I thought you were a nice boy from the other day!" Mrs. Lee quickly jumped to L with accusations." How...how could you do this ...to my boy!? How!?"

               "N...no..no Eomma...it's not his fault!" Sungyeol said shaking his head desperately as he saw his mother desperately shaking L for answers. " It's not his fault Eomma...please! It's solely my fault...please don't give him a hard time."

               "I'll take responsibility." L said not wanting the situation to be messier than it already is. He didn't think it would be wise to let Sungyeol's parents know that the baby actually belonged to his brother, the one who had abandoned Sungyeol, and he didn't want them to know that Sungyeol was in this alone.

               "L!...It's not your responsibility to take!..." Sungyeol cried looking from his mother to L trying to stop his mother to stop hasseling the other boy.

               "How!? You're just a kid yourself! How can you take care of my son?!" Mrs. Lee questioned her own eyes turning red from tears.

               "Eomma...Don't listen to him...he doesn't have anything to do with this ...really!...I..It's my own mistake..." Sungyeol explained , " I have to deal with the consequences."

               "What do you mean!?? He doesn't have responsibilty? Isn't he that one who made you like this?" Sungyeol's mom questioned, she could already feeling her blood pressure rise as she thought of a worse scenerio. "Answer me Sungyeol?? Who is the father of the baby?!"

               "..." Sungyeol looked down again. His sobbing became worst when he thought about Myungsoo, and not knowing how to answer his mother.

               "Sungyeol?..." Mrs. Lee shook her son by the shoulders. "...Oh God,...the guy left you...and won't take responsibility didn't he?"

               His mom placed a hand over her head feeling a faint coming on. She stood up abruptly hitting her son on the shoulders in frustration.

               "How could you be so blinded and easily tricked by strangers words! I told you...be to be more careful than that!Aiiigoooooo." She cried.

               "ENOUGH!" Mr. Lee finally spoke up grabbing the three's attention. He looked pale, and his expression grim. Sungyeol's father slowly look over to him coldly before speaking.

               "Abort it." Mr. Lee said.

               "Yeobo!" Mrs. Lee looked to her husband in surprise and horror at his words.

               "N..No...Appa...please...no.." Sungyeol cried in panic holding his father by the arm  begging him to take back his words.

               "...You are not ready...to have that child...so the only way is to abort it." Mr. Lee went on, his words were firm, without hesitation.

               "Please...no...it's doesn't have any fault in this...it's innocent...I...I can't do that..." Sungyeol cried.

               "I don't want to hear any more of it. Either you do as I say under my roof, or get out. I didn't raise a son to be like this!" Mr. Lee said firmly.

               Sungyeol knew his father loved him, even though he had a strange way of showing it, and when Mr. Lee have decided on something it was hard to convince him. He was a proud man, and took a lot of pride in his son, inside Sungyeol knew his father was really hurt by all this.

               "I'll take responsiblity for Sungyeol!...Please trust me Sir...I can take care of him and the baby!" L spoke up trying to stop Mr. Lee.

               "If you are not the father then this has nothing to do with you. You're just a kid yourself what can you do? Go home." Mr. Lee ordered, but this did not deterred L.

               " I love Sungyeol, and I want to be the baby's father!" L said firmly not backing down.

               "L!" Sungyeol heartache upon hearing those words.

               Sungyeol's father didn't respond and took his leave stepping back into the house. Mrs. Lee look after her husband and back at her son, going to him and hugging him tightly.

               "....Eomma is sorry...Sungyeol, I'll talk to him..." She said.

               "I'm sorry...Eomma...I'm so sorry..."Sungyeol cried louder.

               A second time, L stood by watching Sungyeol cry his eyes out, and there wasn't much he could do to stop those tears. He felt useless, like the time Sungyeol had ran away from the Gym to cry by himself on the roof. He stood by frozen and hurt by Sungyeol's tears.

               Flashes of memory of his child came to him with his father making his tears fall harder. Sungyeol really felt he had let his father down.

               Sungyeol joyfully swing his arms up as his father carried him across the room imitating the sound of an airplane as he fly his son through the air. The four years old giggling gleefully as his father lift him up higher and higher.

               "Sungyeol ah, if only you can be protect from the bad things of the world forever! Don't trust bad people when you're old ok?" Mr. Lee said to the four year old.

               "Abppa go higher!!!" Sungyeol called out. " Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehe"

               Sungyeol's mom patted him on the back gently now , her anger subsided when her husband ordered for Sungyeol to have an abortion. She knew well pain and attachments of baring a child, so even if it might be a mistake she didn't want Sungyeol to regret anything, or forever feel the guilt of killing his own baby.

               "There there baby Eomma will convince him." She cooed at Sungyeol, " For now, I'll give you money and we'll look for a place for you to stay temporarily."

               "....Eomma?" Sungyeol looked to her.

               "L-shi, if you mean what you say then I'll take a chance and entrust Sungyeol to you." Mrs. Lee said taking L's hands. "Help me take care of him in this time."

               "I will." L nodded. " I promise."

               ­__________________________________________________________________

              

               Kim Sunggyu starred impatiently at the clock, tapping his fingers on the table in the living room as he waited from his younger brother L to return home. For the past few months L has mysteriously been in and out of the house. He was beginning to wonder what L have been up to, surely L wasn't staying out for club or school activities.

               The brooding boy walked in the doors quietly nodding at Sunggyu in greeting before heading upstairs. Without regarding the rules or order of the house he carried his duffle bag out once more.

               "L-ah, hyung want a word with you." Sunggyu began stopping the brunette boy on his track. L stared at his brother expressionlessly.

               "This is getting out of hand. Hyung know hyung can't be the same as a parent to you and Myungsoo because I'm just an older brother, but there are rules in this house. You are still not a full adult yet, so you can't be going in and out without regards for others." Sunggyu scolded. " Tell me what is it____?"

               "I should've told you earlier, but hyung I'm moving out." L said bluntly.

               "WHAT!?" Sunggyu nearly had a heart attack at his brother's straightforward comment.

               "I'm moving out hyung. I'm all set for a full scholarship after I graduate, so I plan on moving out soon." L told Sunggyu his plans.

               "B..But you can stay home while you're in college. Why would you want to move out?" Sunggyu questioned.

               "I've already met someone I'm planning to marry after high school. Plus we each get our own inheritance I think I can live on that while I'm in school." L said calmly, clearly he had thought about this many times.

               "Wait wait wait...You are NOT answering my question. Why are you moving out? Suddenly...and marriage??! You are still too young!" Sunggyu scolded. " Even Woohyun and I haven't planned that yet, and we've been together for more than ten years."

               "Hyung, I am going to be a father soon. I can't wait like you and Woohyun hyung." L said bluntly giving Sunggyu another mini heart attack.

               "YAH! You punk! YOu wanna die!?" Sunggyu " HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!? Are you playing with me?!"

               "I'm dead serious hyung." L said expression still stoic.

               Sunggyu grabbed onto his head in irritation. He was starting to feel a strong headache coming on.

               "WAE!!! How could you not be careful? I wouldn't be surprise...if it was Myungsoo...but you??? How could you knock someone up?!...Yah!... at least...introduce the person to the family first!"  Sunggyu scolded. There was nothing to be done with L at the moment. Sunggyu knew L have always been a good kid at home despite no one really knowing what goes through his head most of the time, but when L decided on something there was nothing anyone can do to stop him.

               "Sorry hyung, when he's ready I'll introduce him to you and Woohyun hyung. I'll give you the address where I'm staying later." L said, his face turning dark upon hearing Myungsoo's name. " ...While I'm not home just watch Myungsoo for me, so he doesn't get too deep into trouble...and don't spoil him too much hyung."

               L went out the door leaving Sunggyu in a state of minor shock still, the older male seating himself into a chair and taking a sip of his coffee to calm his nerves.

               L walked towards the bus station heading to the apartment him and Sungyeol shared for the time being before Sungyeol can head home. His mind refreshes to the short conversation he had with Sunggyu at the house. What he told Sunggyu he had planned in his head many times, but never really said it out loud. He had been with Sungyeol for more than 6 months already, and even though Sungyeol had no idea of his plans, L wanted to follow through with his plan. When Sungyeol accepts his feelings fully he'll definitely marry him, and he hope then Sungyeol wouldn't feel self conscious (about himself and the situation because Sungyeol is beautiful and God knows he was beautiful and should not feel self conscious about anything) and say yes.

               He took the elevator up and shuffled through his pockets to retrieve the key. Inside he found Sungyeol had taken a spot on the sofa and had fallen asleep over his computer. Mrs. Lee and Sungyeol had made arrangements with the school to continue the rest of Sungyeol's studying with courses he can take online, and for testing he can meet with a teacher to finish major tests. If all goes well he can graduate on time, by then the baby would've been born and Sungyeol can go back and graduate with L.

               During the day Sungyeol stays at the apartment and participate in online courses, while L goes to school. At first L was living in two places between the Kim Manor, and their shared apartments. Sungyeol found his feelings for L grew deeper and deeper, but still part of him was still very much scared and afraid to start something again. He once loved Myungsoo, but he realized his affection  had started because he had thought Myungsoo was the first person he met in the halls, maybe the person he first love was L.

               L came over to his sleeping 'friend' or 'boyfriend' he wasn't sure what they were, and covered the other boy with a blanket. Sungyeol's shirt was slightly rolled up and revealed part of his stomach. It was becoming quite large now since he's already 6 and a half months pregnant, making it look really cute when the boy lay down. Sungyeol would get embarrassed if L poked his belly when he slept, but the other boy does it anyways because Sungyeol was really cute when he got slightly mad and embarrassed at the same time.

               L kissed Sungyeol on the lips before carrying him into the room and laying the sleeping boy onto the bed.

               "....L-ah...I love you." Sungyeol said in his sleep.

               "I love you too Sungyeol." The other boy said with a small smile on his face. He lay down next to Sungyeol and wrapped his arms around the other boy's waist rubbing his belly gently. Sungyeol was very warm around his touch.

                 "Goodnight Sungyeol. I hope you know I love you most than anything in this world."

                

 

AN: I was sooooooo mad at my internet yesterday...I could only go online with my phone, and didn't have net on my computer, so sorry for late update. 

I wrote this yesterday actually. Enjoy lovely readers. <3 <3 <3 <3 Saranghae!