Ch. 6 If I Could Save You

Please Don't Cry

Please Don't Cry

Ch. 6 If I Could Save You

 

               L  stomped through the family manor like a storm towards the upper level. He wanted to track down his damn twin brother and give him a beating for leaving Sungyeol such a horrible state at the hotel.On his way he was stop by his older brother Sunggyu. The older young man was still up working out some paper works. L stopped in annoyance.

               "Yah, Where did you go in the middle of the night?" Sunggyu questioned him sternly.

               "I think you should be asking Myungsoo that..." L retorted in annoyance.

               "Myungsoo already asked permission to stay at his friend's tonight. Where were you? I know you're close to graduation but you're still a minor, you can't be wandering around the streets at night." Sunggyu lectured.

               Usually L didn't lose his temper with Sunggyu, but this time he thought his hyung was being rather unfair, and he was in no mood to deal with anyone's bull right now. His chest was heavy, his head was aching, and most of all he was hurting inside. All the mixture of emotions made it hard to deal with anyone at the moment, even if it was his older brother. Without a word he found himself slamming his fist on the wall.

               "YAH! What is with you attitude?!?" Sunggyu yelled at the sight of L punching a hole in the wall with his bare fist and stomping upstairs like a mad man. A loud bang came from L's room as he slammed the door.

               The school grounds were crowded early morning as students rushed in to start their morning. It was a start of the a new quarter and soon the school will be planning for the Spring Festival. It was announced that they will hold an assembly at noon today it would be held by the student faculty.

               Sungyeol walked dejectedly towards his class checking his phone every few minutes. He couldn't reach Myungsoo for the past day since their date. The night was a little vague, but he knew Myungsoo and him had went beyond intimacy. He didn't know why Myungsoo wasn't picking up his phone, and for sure he will look for him after class. He did it with someone he love, and that person love him back that's what matters doesn't it? That was what he kept reassuring himself. Myungsoo was probably busy, he wasn't abandoned right? The thought repeated in his head, but deep down he wasn't proud of what they did. If his parents knew they would be so disappointed in him, as well as his friends. 

               "Myungsoo...you love me ...right...?" Sungyeol thought to himself before feeling a arm swing over his shoulders. Sungyeol turned around to look at the person holding his shoulder, a tiny disappointment sprung in him when he realized it wasn't his boyfriend but his friends Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong. The four walk together to their classes casually. Along the way in the halls from the distance he saw a familiar figure in black passed by. His eyes caught with L's, the other boy looked away quickly as if avoiding him and hasten his pace down the opposite directions in the halls. For some reason L's cold attitude in the halls made his chest hurts more.

               L saw Sungyeol walk pass with his friends in the halls. For a second their eyes met, but L couldn't help but look away. He was bad at expressing himself, and just the sight of Sungyeol made him feel pained. The other boy looked so depressed even though he had friends by his side. He really wanted to go to Sungyeol, hug him, hold him, but right now L didn't want to deal with his own internal crisis. The fact that Sungyeol belonged now had him was driving him insane. He couldn't deal with talking to Sungyeol at the moment.

               Sungyeol said goodbye to his friends after they dropped him off to his homeroom. For some reason he felt really nervous entering the room, as if he was new to the class again. Myungsoo sat in his own desk surrounded by his horde of fans, and Kingkas. They didn't bother moving away, so Sungyeol had to take another seat. He took a few looks over at Myungsoo hoping to catch his eyes, but the raven haired boy was to immerse in talking with his followers, and friends. They giggled, joked, laughed, and talked loudly ignoring the rest of the class.  The room quiet down when the teacher started the class, and Sungyeol sat by in a random empty desk in the corner since some of Myungsoo's friends took up his usual desk.

               The bell rang to signal the end of class as break time proceeded. Sungyeol tried to pack up his stuff quickly so he wouldn't miss his boyfriend, however the boy left with his kingka group without even looking at Sungyeol once. Sungyeol didn't want to be clingy, but somehow he felt a little bit abandoned.

               The brunette passed by the halls as usual some of Myungsoo's followers didn't pass a chance to gossip about the Kingka and his "current" boytoy.

               "Hey, Minah don't you sense something strange going on between Myungsoo Oppa and Stupidyeol?" A girl name Jiyeon said to a girl name Minah.

               "Yeh! I totally could sense it. It was like a cold war. I wonder what happened?" Minah said.

               "Maybe Myungsoo Oppa got tired of the new kid." Jiyeon said. "Or maybe...something went wrong internally between them."

               Sungyeol felt bad hearing them talk like that, because it just confirms his doubts further, but he really want to believe what Myungsoo said. Deep down he really believed that Myungsoo didn't lie about his feelings. A pair of hands abruptly stationed themselves over his ears blocking out the poisonous conversation between the girls. He look up to find himself face to face with his boyfriend's twin Kim L.

               "...Isn't that better?" L said with a small smirk at the corner of his mouth. Sungyeol looked up at him like a hurt puppy, eyes large and a bit watery. The sight of the other boy made L's chest ached.

               " L..ah" Sungyeol said slowly his voice trembled a little bit. " I...can't seem to contact Myungsoo..."

               L noticed Sungyeol was getting teary. It seem that Sungyeol was totally unaware of his drugged state, and he might've thought it was alcohol affecting him the other night. This made L want to run through the campus and beat the stuffing out of his younger brother. He should've known that this would happen.

               "Can you help me find him?" Sungyeol cried. L gave him a nodded. His hands were gentle on Sungyeol's ears blocking away sounds, and as they walk down the hall Sungyeol really felt tranquil in the muffled noise that just seem so distant now.

               *Ding Ding Ding Dong*

               "The time is now noon, all students please assemble into the School's Gym for the student Assembly." The student body President announced over the telecom.

               L and Sungyeol walked side by side in silence. The taller boy was too busy in his own worried mind to notice L's gaze upon him. Sungyeol was looking down on the ground as they made their way to the Gym.

               "Are you thirsty?" L said trying to make conversation, when he saw a vending machine that sold some soft drinks, and coffee.

               "Emh..." Sungyeol nodded dejectedly, and L took that as a yes. The Emotionless Prince quickly made his way to the vending machines and pulled out some coins from his pocket. Turning his back to Sungyeol he inserted the money into the machine to pull out some drinks. When he turned back Sungyeol was nowhere to be found. Masses of students have now occupied the halls as they were gathering for the Student Assembly.

               When Sungyeol entered the Gym he finally caught sight of Myungsoo. The raven haired boy was standing amongst his friends talking with happily. There weren't many people surrounding them this time, so this was the only opportunity Sungyeol could take to get to talk to Myungsoo. Running over to him Sungyeol called out.

               "Myungsoo-ah!"

               The Kingkas halt from their conversation and in unison stared at Sungyeol. Some looked at him with amused expressions, while Myungsoo looked at him coldly.

               "Myungsoo-ah, can I have a word with you?" Sungyeol said disregarding the other's stares. Myungsoo stayed silent looking at Sungyeol like a stranger.

               "Hehe, why don't you just tell him Derpsoo." Jonghyun said amusingly.

               "Tell me what?" Sungyeol questioned looking at Myungsoo sternly. The other boy avoided his eyes and remained silent.

               *Ding Ding Ding Dong*

               "Students please take your seats before the Assembly starts." The Student Body President said into the Speakers.

               "....Look, I'll talk to you later Sungyeol." Myungsoo said brushing him off and taking their seats. Before the group moved to a couple seats up a few of Myungsoo's friends gave some loud chuckles and snarl. Some even whistled at Sungyeol. Sungyeol stood in his spot and took a random seat by himself on the bleachers.

               The Assembly started with the student body introducing the school's future plans, activities, sports team, clubs, and festival plans. The cheer team performed between showing of each sports team and clubs, with the mascot dancing some funny dances throughout the assembly.

               "And that concludes the end of our Spring Assembly. You all may now proceed back to your classes." The Student Body President said.  

               Students ready themselves up from the bleachers about to leave. Sungyeol look up towards Myungsoo's group. Making his way up towards them Sungyeol was determined to get some answers from his boyfriend on why he was behaving this way, and avoiding Sungyeol.

               "Myungsoo ah....wait! What are you avoiding me?" Sungyeol said his eyes turning a bit red at his boyfriend's strange coldness.

               "OH for God's sake!" Minseok cried out in complaint, while Luhan, Kris, Sehun laughed, and Jonghyun just chuckled.

               "Why don't you just tell him Myungsoo." Jonghyun smirked deviously.

               "Myungsoo...tell me what?" Sungyeol questioned looking at Myungsoo intently and holding his arm firmly. They had received a bit of attention already as a small crowd was already circling around them and whispering amongst themselves.

               "Myungsoo-ah...you love me right?" Sungyeol dared word it out, "...Like...how you said the other night? So why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?"

               Myungsoo's group broke out his hysterical laughs in unison as if knowing some kind of inner joke. Myungsoo glared at them, but the look he gave Sungyeol was worst. The Kingkas' laughter caused more whispers to go around amongst the students.

               " Love? Are you kidding? I was just playing around." Myungsoo said coldly. His eyes piercing through Sungyeol's heart. Sungyeol had never seen Kim Myungsoo look so cold before.

               "You really think Kim Myungsoo would be interested in you?! AHhahahahahahah" A few students laughed.

               "How STUPID!"

               "Wake up honey, you're damaged goods now." Kris said playfully, "But I wouldn't mind taking you."

               "...You were playing?...With me?...even...after we..." Sungyeol could barely speak. He glared at Myungsoo's friends and back at his so called "boyfriend". He felt his voice already buried in his throat and tears invaded his vision.  A loud cracking sound rang through the Gym as another announcement was made.  A weird recording came on with a voice that had be mixed and unidentified came on.

               "Please hold on and stay in your seats. We have a last show to share with our student body." The strange voice recording announced. A loud crack rang out causing all the giant student made posters to fall off like curtains revealing hundreds of prints pasted on the walls of the gym. They were various prints of Sungyeol's body being revealed in the open. Some showed his face, and some showed positions of the brunette asleep and drugged up.

               "We're sorry please ignore all these images. It must be some kind of student prank" The Student Body President announced in panic through the speakers. "Please ignore these images and proceed to you classes in a mild and mature manner. I repeat ALL students proceed to your classes."

               Loud gasps , laughter, scorn, and more gossip rang out through the gym. Sungyeol stared at the sight in disbelief. His body shook more as he looked at the images of himself on the walls in disgusting positions, and some showing explicit skin. His face was clearly shown in those prints.

               "Yah...Kim Myungsoo...how could you..." Sungyeol asked the other boy, internally feeling like he wanted to disappear off the face of the Earth.

               "AHAHAHAHHA" Some students laughed.

               "I wonder if he'll let me do him for money! AHAHAH!"

               "Eww disgusting, how ty!"

               "!!!!"

               "Hey I wouldn't mind doing him. Look at that position!"

               "Thank goodness Myungsoo Oppa didn't want him."

               "For good reasons too, I wonder if he does ?"

               Sungyeol didn't let the students' words affect him, because they were far less painful than what he was feeling for Myungsoo right now.  He could see Jonghyun, Kris, Luhan, Sehun, and Minseok high fiving each other. Myungsoo stood there seeming unaffected. He really hated Kim Myungsoo, he hated all of them, but most of all himself for being so gullible, and easy.

               Myungsoo stared at Jonghyun in surprised. This wasn't part of the bet at all! He was about to say something to Jonghyun when a sharp impact collided on his face. The next second he found L wrestled him to the ground.        

               "What the !?" Kris yelled at the surprise attack. Myungsoo and L 's fight was intense, and they didn't seem to care who they were knocking along the way.

               "YOU ING LOW LIFE BASTARD!!!" L said making his way on top of his brother punching him repeatedly, but Myungsoo was equal in strength to him and quickly override his older twin.

               "You've gone INSANE!" Myungsoo yelled back giving L a few punches. L pushed Myungsoo off of him as he noticed Sungyeol running away from the bantering crowd, and making his way outside of the Gym.  L ran after the brunette leaving the crowded gym and the kingkas.

               He chased Sungyeol to the roof tops to finally see the other boy dropping down on one of the bench and crying hysterically. His body shook, chest raised unevenly up and down. The taller brunette's face was crunched up and red. He say Sungyeol rubbed his eyes with his slim hand desperately trying to calm down, but the poor boy never succeeded in doing so.

               L's own uniform was messed up, his face bruised, scratched, and bloodied from the fight, but he could care less despite the numbing pain. All he wanted to do was to hold Sungyeol tight.

               "Sungyeol-ah..." L approached the crying boy. He reach out his hands trying to place them on Sungyeol's arms to calm him down, but the other boy swatted them off violently.

               "DON'T TOUCH ME!" Sungyeol cried out loudly. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU!"

               "...Sungyeol..." L said quietly in pain at Sungyeol.

               " LEAVE ME ALONE!...Just...Just leave me alone...please..." Sungyeol cried harder.

               L's face just reminded him more of Kim Myungsoo, and just seeing L made him hurt more. Deep down he knew it wasn't L's fault but he could help feeling hurt when he saw him.

               Footsteps could be heard approaching the two. L clenched his fists as he saw Jonghyun and his Kingka gang approach. He was about to punch the living day lights out of the leader until Kris grabbed him by the collar. The other boy's height gave him some advantage.

               "Watch it! Remember there's more of us than you. You don't want to get on our bad side." Kris warned. L didn't care, and met his eyes with a glare.

               "Thanks for the camera!" Jonghyun remarked tossing L his camera. Sungyeol took notice of their interaction and stared at L with venomous eyes.

               "You...were in on it too? I thought you were my friend!" Sungyeol said full of hurt in his voice and shaking his head in disbelief. Running away again.

               "N...no! NO!  Sungyeol it's not true!" L called out after Sungyeol. He was about to run after Sungyeol but Kris still held on to his shirt collar. L pulled away violently and struck the taller boy painfully in the face with his fist. The others tried to retain him but were also knocked off when L elbowed some in the face, and kicked them to the ground.

               Sungyeol did not come to school following week.  L tried to find him at his house, but everytime he came Sungyeol's mother would say he's not home. L knew Sungyeol was home, but he was just locking himself in. He didn't know if he should give Sungyeol his space, so really continue to try to reach him until he finally wants to see L. L had no choice but to keep an eye on him, even though it did make him seem like a stalker. He knocked down any kids or students that would try to harass Sungyeol, without the other boy's knowledge of it. On the week after the assembly event  Sungyeol  was transferred out of Myungsoo's class to a different homeroom, but that made no different. Students were still horrible to Sungyeol because of the incident, and since a lot of Myungsoo's followers already hated him before, situation became worst.        

               Sometimes he find trash in his shoe locker, or his uniform would be drenched after he had PE because people would secretly take it and throw it in the pool, so he had to wear his gym clothes the whole day for the rest of the school day. L was always there with him since he came back to class. He had ended up being transferred to L's homeroom. At gym L would purposely wear his Gym clothes after class too despite nothing being wrong with his school uniform. If there was trash in Sungyeol's shoe locker L would be first to clean it out before Sungyeol.

               Even with all the nice things L had done for him, he was still Kim Myungsoo's brother, and Sungyeol couldn't get himself to trust the other boy.  Sungyeol had really felt numb to the bullying already.

               During lunch Sungyeol went into the cafeteria. He made his way to the center  towards his usual table when a hard flying object flew across his face violently hitting him on the head. More items began to fly at him; trays, bottles, papers, food, and whatever the students deem as trash.

               L lunged himself up across the room crossing the tables, and even trampling over some to get to Sungyeol. He usually would beat the out of the perpetrator but in this case there was too many. He pulled Sungyeol close and covered himself over Sungyeol to prevent him from being hit by the hard objects that the students were throwing.

               He lead Sungyeol out of the cafeteria, and the other boy followed him like a dead zombie. His face emotionless to the ridicule, taunt, and remarks he received along the way. When they had gotten out to the halls Sungyeol pulled away violently and began walking away from the L.

               "Sungyeol wait!" L called after the other boy. Sungyeol didn't bother looking back, but that didn't stop L. He chased after the taller boy regardless his attitude.

               Sungyeol ran into the restroom and stationed himself in one of the far end stalls. He really couldn't take it anymore. His breathing became unstable as he felt his chest becoming heavy. Lately he was feeling a lot more tired and nauseated. He hiccupped between tears covering his mouth to prevent anyone from hearing him cry. He already knew why he was like that and just the thought made more tears to fall.  

               L entered the darkly lit restroom. There was no one there, but he can hear muffled crying at the end stall. The stall wasn't properly closed. He peered in without Sungyeol's notice.

               "Please...stop running away from me..." L began his voice sounded rough, and deep. Sungyeol ignored him and continued crying his eyes out. "I won't hurt you."

               "......(hic hic hic)" Sungyeol was breath hard. L wanted to pull him into a hug, but he know Sungyeol will just push him away harder, so he choose to remain still.

               "....Really, I just want to help you." L said desperately.

               "Help?! Help me how?....Tell me L...What can you do?!" Sungyeol said harshly, " Can you make the hurt go away?!...Or change the past?! ...Or...change the whole student body?! What can you really do for me!"

               The boy's words are harsh but L couldn't hold him accountable for it.

               "I can try!" L said in reply.

               "NO L! Don't try! Better yet don't do anything! Please, just go...!" Sungyeol cried in frustration.

               "I won't leave you!" L said earnestly.

               "LIES! You're his brother you're just like him! Don't pretend to care!" Sungyeol lips trembled more as he said those words to L, " Don't be so nice to me! I don't need your pity."

               "It's not pity!" L yelled feeling frustrated he can't get to Sungyeol.

               "Then what is it?! Why do you even care!?"

               "Because, I loved you first." L finally said. Sungyeol stopped for a minute and stared at him. For a second he believed L, his heart fluttered a bit, but then the memories of Myungsoo flashed back into his head causing him the pull farther away.

               "Just leave me alone..." Sungyeol turned away quickening his pace. Midway he held a hand to his chest and spilled the contents of his stomach into the sink. Sungyeol was looking pale, and sickly to L.

               L his back gently. Sungyeol didn't pushed him off this time, even though he didn't say anything to L.

                              Almost three months have passed since the incident. Sungyeol stood at his lockers ignoring the prints of him reappearing in front of him along the hall way lockers. The students really had their fun in posting them around campus, and he was use to them by now. His face stoic as his friends approached him in support. They pulled off the posters and ripped them up.

               "Yeolie! You can't ignore us too! We're here for you!" Dongwoo cried.

               "Yeh Hyung! Those stupid students can just all go to hell!" Sungjong called out.

               "I'll beat them up if they mess with you! " Hoya said with confidence and looking at his friend.

               "....Look guys...if you stick with me...they won't leave you alone..." Sungyeol reasoned, "Just...ignore me..."

               The trio stared at Sungyeol sadly in disagreement.

               "...But Sungyeolie..." Dongwoo teared up.

               "No, Hyung...I'll be ok...I just don't want to involve you guys in this...I promise...when things get better we'll hang out." Sungyeol reassured. He was really touched by his friends, and just knowing that they had good intentions already was enough.

               "Ok...but as soon as you need it, we'll be there to support you ok?" The trio said. Sungyeol gave his friends a small smile before leaving.

               Gym was hectic on his body. The teacher made them run around 4 laps already which equate to four miles around the field. Sungyeol made an excuse to take leave after the fourth lap. L studied the other boy in worry since he looked really pale as he was leaving the track to go into the locker room. He followed Sungyeol from behind into the empty locker room to find the other boy making his way into a corner stall. Sungyeol slowly took off his T-shirt. L noticed that the other boy was wearing some kind of binding around his torso. The sight made him worry if Sungyeol had hurt himself some time ago. Sungyeol slowly unwrapped his binding and L could see there was nothing on his smooth skin, not a single scar, cut, or bruise, but the other boy sat down holding onto his stomach and quenched in pain.             He was sitting in a three quarters few of L  so L couldn't see what was causing him pain.

               "Why are you binding your torso?" L said making his way towards Sungyeol. The other boy almost jumped in surprise at him, and his face quickly turned paler at the sight of the questioning boy.

               "It...none of your business." Sungyeol said coldly covering himself with his wrapping. L stopped him by holding onto his hands.

               "Sungyeol you're hurting because of that." L pointing out and pulled the wrapping away from Sungyeol. Being up closer L was beginning to see a little protruding bump on Sungyeol's  stomach. The rest of Sungyeol's body was thin.

               "STOP THAT!" Sungyeol pulled back his bandages roughly.

               "NO! Why are you using this?" L yelled back, his eyes staring at Sungyeol deeply, with a furrow expression. From the sight of his belly L didn't want to think it was true, but he couldn't deny the brooding truth. He was hoping it wasn't what he was thinking of.

               "What do you want me to do? Just show it!!?" Sungyeol cried. " What am I suppose to do? Tell me L...Tell me...I don't know what to do. When...when I think about aborting it...I can't do it...I can't because it's my baby too...so what am I suppose to do?"

               At first Sungyeol's words began harshly, but towards the end he sounded so hurt, and lost. The last words made L feel  a deep pain inside his chest. Sungyeol's crying face made his heart hurt. L kneeled down and pulled the now crying boy into a hug, resting his head on L's neck. Sungyeol cried into L's shirt.

               " I'll take responsibilty for it....Sungyeol...Please, give me a chance." L said, "Just believe me..."

               "N...no...it...it's not fair to you...I can't do that..." Sungyeol shook his head in L's embrace.

               "I don't care about that!" L snapped.  " I'll take responsiblity ...I promise."

               The brunette Sungyeol's hair, and covered him with zip up hoodie as the other boy rested on L's shoulders and buried himself in the gentle embrace. Sungyeol haven't felt so comforted in quite a while. L discovered that he was really afraid of one thing, and that was seeing Sungyeol cry. 

 

              

 

 

AN: I did it !!! Sorry to those of you who were against it, but please still support!!! Even though it's not L's ....be understanding ok?

 

Wahh I'm so beat...please enjoy the read. SOrry it got a bit angsty....

Author loves you all.