CH. 14 Dilemma 1

Please Don't Cry

Please Don't Cry Ch. 14 - Dilemma 1

              

               Hyungsoo looked up at Sungyeol with bright eyes shining like black marbles. The infant let out small "ooos" and "ahhs" before giggling playfully at Sungyeol making the brunette smile softly in return.

               "Ooo, hehehe." The baby giggled while waving his arms in the air and wiggling his fingers at Sungyeol.

               "What is it baby? You want me carry you?" Sungyeol asked using one of his index finger to poke the baby's soft cheeks making Hyungsoo smile brightly revealing the deep dimples on his cheeks. It was such a wonder to Sungyeol how identical Hyungsoo look to Myungsoo and L, even their dimples got passed onto the baby.

               "There there baby, I've got you." Sungyeol whispered gently at the infant while lifting him up by the armpits from the crib. He held Hyungsoo close to his chest with one hand supporting the baby's neck and other tucked under to support its back in fear that he might accidently drop Hyungsoo.  Sungyeol's actions looked clumsy since this is his first child, and he never really had to take care of a newborn before.  

               He tucked Hyungsoo inside a cloth material baby sling that wrapped diagonally around his torso. Sungyeol wanted a pink one, but L insisted it should be black, because  the baby is a boy, and black matches with everything. Hyungsoo lay snuggled inside as his mother began packing the baby bag and other essentials to drop him off at Grandmother's house.

               Sungyeol was starting school again after months of studying at home and taking online courses. He didn't want to part from the baby so soon, but the situation couldn't be helped. L had to go on ahead to school because he had to stop by his family home upon Sunggyu's orders, the oldest of the Kim brothers seemed worried about their situation, and wanted L to update him on their living status.

               As he walk through the subway station many eyes were on him. It was a strange sight early in the morning, to see a student in a high school uniform caring his book bag, a baby bag, and a baby wrapped around his torso.  Sungyeol sighed softly proceeding through the station gates scanning his pass before proceeding into the train. The moment Sungyeol took a seat a few elderly people were staring at him. The high schoolers whispered to each other, and Sungyeol was grateful he didn't see anyone from his school yet.

               "Ee...e...eeh...eeeehh!!" Hyungsoo made a noise, then slowly the baby broke out into tears, " Weeeeeeeeeh"

               "Wae? W..whats wrong baby? Ssshh...sh." Sungyeol rocked him, but Hyungsoo didn't stop crying.

                "Are you hungry? But I just fed you this morning?...Diapers?"  Sungyeol was in a bit of a distressed because the infant's cry rang louder through the subway compartment giving them even more attention than necessary. He patted the baby's bottom to check the diapers, but that wasn't the problem either.

               "Weeeeeee ...eeeee...eeeh" The baby hiccupped, it's facing turning red now. Hyungsoo's frown made Sungyeol feel pained that he couldn't figure out what was wrong with his baby.

               "Shhu shh... please Hyungsoo-ah be good, I've got you sssh." Sungyeol continued patting his baby. Sungyeol could feel his eyes getting stinging and probably turning red along with the baby. The teen internally told himself to not cry as well.

               "I think he's hungry dear." A granny spoke up next to him.

               "Huh? But..." Sungyeol looked to his right.

               "Babies gets hungry all the time, you need to feed it dear." The nice granny advice. Clumsily Sungyeol lean down to retrieve a baby bottle from his bag and placed it in front to Hyungsoo. The baby hungrily grabbed onto it and by nature placed it in his mouth on it.

               "T..Thank you so much Granny!" Sungyeol bowed gratefully to her. He learn many things from the granny as they spoke about babies and their family. The conversation came to an end when they reached their destination. Sungyeol said his goodbye to her before heading to his mother's house. When Sungyeol entered he was met with an empty house and a note on the cork board.

               "Sungyeolie Umma had to rush down to Grandparent's house due to an uncalled emergency. Appa won't be home either. I can't look after Hyungsoo please find a temporary sitter for now. I'll see you in a week.~ Love Umma."

               "Umma! Why are you doing this to me?" Sungyeol yelled under his breath, but it couldn't be helped his grandparents were old, and they probably needed help back home. Meeting the old grandmother on the train allowed Sungyeol to empathized better with older people, so he wasn't mad at the sudden change of plan, but he was more stressed. He had to get to school, and at this rate there was no way he could find a babysitter. Hyungsoo was also too small to be trusted in hands of a stranger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               L sat by his desk using a book as a divider between himself and the homeroom class. He didn't know why Sungyeol was late, and he was beginning to worry.

               "Sungyeolie where are you? How is the baby?" - L

               "My mom isn't home I don't know what to do now? I can't miss class, but how can I come to school with Hyungsoo?!" - Yeolie

               "WHAT!? Why isn't she home? Where are you?" -L

               "Because she had to go back to my grandparents for a family emergency. She'll be gone for a week...TT_TT. I'm outside the gates." - Yeolie.

               "WHAT? You're already here?" -L

               "Sungyeol?...Hello reply me!" -L

               "Sungyeol...What are you doing?! Stay there I'll come." -L

               L shuffled at the touch screen on his phone in desperation to send a new message to Sungyeol until his phone started to vibrate again leaving him a new message.

               "I'm sorry I got pulled into the Principal's office. Waiting now." -Yeolie

               "I'll come there, I'm the baby's father, I have to be there to talk to them. My family is on good terms with the school. I'll go there right now, just wait for me before you go in ok?" -L

               L abruptly stood up causing a loud screech to ring through the silent classroom. All attentions went on him, including the teacher's who had his back turned to the class while he wrote the lesson on the board. The students started to whisper about his strange actions.  

               "L-shii...Get back here!" The seonsaegnim called after L as he ran out the doors into the halls. L's action caused the class to indulge in further gossip.  

               L ran as fast as his two feet can carry, until he reach the main building where the office was located. There he pushed past the office clerk and straight into the Principal's office.

               "Lee Sungyeol do you have any idea how much leeway the school has already given you, by allowing you to take utilize our home schooling program, and online courses? I would think after such a long break due to your 'circumstance' you'll respect the privileges given to you!?" Principal Shin questioned the small brunette in the seat, who was rocking his baby inside the black sash. The baby was still on its bottle happily.

               "I'm sorry Principal Shin, I know I had a lot of help from the school, but today _" Sungyeol began but the older man interrupted him once again.

               "Then why did you bring a baby on school grounds, this is unacceptable! Do you think it's a good example to your peers, and under classmen?!" Principal Shin scolded making Sungyeol look down from his seat. The principal's sudden outburst had caused Hyungsoo to cry loudly.

               From the door way L could see his fiancé's face forming a pout, his lips trembling, and face looking down sadly at the crying infant. L cool took a step further, and lightly tapped his knuckles on the wooden door.

               "Excuse me Principal Shin!" L calmly said taking a step in.

               "Uh..Ah L-shi, what brings you here? I..I was just about done talking with this student, so what can I do for you? Are you here on behalf of your father? Has he given our school's rebuilding project proposal a chance yet?" Principal Shin asked eyeing Sungyeol motioning him to leave the office.

               "Actually, I came here to talk to you about that student. You see that's my new fiancé, and my son." L began his eyes staring back at the older man.

               "Y..your fiancé you say? Ah ha,  I must've been mistaken, I'm sorry there is no rules in our school policy that is prejudice against struggling students, and absolutely no rules that says  no babies in campus...Ah my old age must be catching up to me." The old man reasoned.

               "Thank you Principal Shin, I'll tell Sunggyu hyung to ask father about your Rebuilding Project Plans." L coming over to Sungyeol and excusing himself.

               In the halls Sunggyeol stared at his boyfriend not knowing what had just happened and how he could easily deal with the principal.

               "L ah, what was that?" Sungyeol questioned.

               "Well, you see my family had been benefactors of this institution for generations, so we have a pretty strong say here. The principal at least have to respect my requests a bit." L explained. " I'll have Principal Shin explain our situation to the rest of the staff, so it'll be ok if we bring Hyungsoo to school for now until you mom comes back."

               "Thank you...L..."

               "You know we passed the level of thanks babe." L said pulling Sungyeol towards him wrapping his arms around Sungyeol's slender waist. 

               "EEhh ee..." Hyungsoo made a noise between them taking their attention away from each other. The couple stared down at their baby  as the baby gave them a wide toothless smile.

               "Eee eee...keeehhehhe."

              

              

              

             

 

 

 

AN: HII ALL ! Hope you enjoyed this lighthearted chapter. Please support, read, comment, vote, and subs.

Happy reading. Sorry I took so long updating this. More to come maybe tomorrow or later this week. <3 Thank you for the support thus far.  I love you all my readers.