Ch1. Encounters

Please Don't Cry

 

 

 

 

Please Don't Cry

Chapter 1: Encounters

 

               The bells rang signaling the start of a school day. Students rushed for their classes stampeding through the school halls. Sungyeol was the only one looking down at a cheaply printed school map and his schedule checking where the homeroom is located. He began walking but the mass of students pushed their way though some bumping into Sungyeol. Sungyeol closed his eyes as he felt gravity starting to pull him down, and his bag dropping to the ground, but something stopped him mid-air. Opening his eyes again he was met by a pair of intense piercing dark orbs. The light haired boy had caught him on time before he hit the ground. Sungyeol had a moment to study his features and noticed he was very handsome, with sharp eyes, slim face, tall and straight nose.

               "T..Thank you." Sungyeol said clumsily getting out of the stranger's arms. The other boy didn't say anything but a small crease form at the corner of his mouth in response. The stranger helped Sungyeol by picking up his bag for him and handing it to the taller boy before turning away. 

               "W..wait...C..can you show me where this room is?" Sungyeol ran after him. The boy looked back and took the schedule from his hands.

               "Room...201B...it's down the hall to the left." He said coldly. 

               "Thank you!" Sungyeol said cheerfully bowing to him. The boy walked away in another direction leaving Sungyeol behind. Sungyeol was about to proceed to homeroom until he saw something on the ground. A plain black notebook lay on the ground.

               "L" was written in small white ink on the top right hand corner of the notebook. It must've belonged to the boy that had helped him earlier. He fumbled through the pages looking for a name, but the only thing written other than math notes was the word "L". Sungyeol held onto it and decided that he'll give it back to him whenever he sees him around campus. The boy was so nice to help him, so Sungyeol felt that he had to search him out at lunch later to return his notebook. Heading down the hall to the left he proceeded to his new homeroom.

               The teacher was already writing something on the board when Sungyeol walked in. It was his first day, and already he was late. The homeroom teacher eyed him sternly for being tardy, but then realized he was the new transfer student.

               "Class I want you all to welcome our new transfer student Lee Sungyeol. He transferred from SM Academy. It's already mid-year so please give him a warm welcome." The homeroom teacher said.

               "Hello, I'm Lee Sungyeol it's a pleasure meeting everybody. Please welcome me into your class." Sungyeol said bowing to the class. He look around the class at the unfamiliar faces of students staring back at him, but someone at the corner caught his eyes. It was the boy he had run into earlier. It was strange that he had already made it to class, because Sungyeol could've sworn he went the opposite direction earlier. The boy had a different expression. He had an air of charisma around him as he smiled with his group of friends, the boy's smile was bright and beautiful. They were sitting close together laughing at something and not really paying attention to the class.

               "Sungyeol please have a seat next Kim Myungsoo over there." The teacher pointed at the empty seat. Sungyeol couldn't be happier to know he was sitting next to the boy that had helped him earlier. He definitely will have a chance to befriend him now.

               "So his name is Kim Myungsoo..." Sungyeol thought to himself happily. "That's a really cute name."

               Sungyeol walked down the roll of desks towards his appointed seat. For a minute he made eye contact with Kim Myungsoo. He gave Myungsoo a little way and smile. The raven haired boy looked at him for a second and smiled in returned as his friends nudged at him in question. The other boy shrugged and continue smiling at Sungyeol. Sungyeol could feel himself blushing as he took his seat.

               "Ok Ok Quiet down children!" Their homeroom teacher called out after the introduction, " Now, Kim Myungsoo and Company please stop fooling around in the back there and pay attention." The group giggled nonchalantly at the teacher before going back to studying.

               Class felt long for Sungyeol because he was anticipating it to end soon, so he could get a chance to talk to Kim Myungsoo, and actually give him back his notebook. Once in a while he would sneak small glances over at Myungsoo's direction. He found himself daydreaming as he look over at Myungsoo, the boy had such perfect features, and his smile made Sungyeol's heart fluttered.

               The bell rang signaling the end of class and Sungyeol quickly packed his stuff. He didn't want to miss Myungsoo again. He found the boy leaving with his friends towards the door.

               "E..Excuse me..Kim Myungsoo!?" Sungyeol called out to the raven haired boy. The boy stopped to turn around to look at Sungyeol. "Um..You dropped this earlier...in the hall."

               Myungsoo eyed the foreign object nonchalantly until he noticed the small ink marking on the top right corner. His eyes lit up as if coming to an idea.

               "Ah..Thank you!" He smiled brightly at Sungyeol taking the black notebook from the taller boy, and purposely touch his hand in the process.

               "OH...and thank you again for helping me out earlier...I would've been so lost without your help." Sungyeol said to him with earnest sincerity.

               "No problem...Lee..Sungyeol was it?" Myungsoo smirked giving him a playful wink. He could see Sungyeol blushing at his gesture.

               "Yah, Myungsoo are you coming or not?!" One of his friends called out in front.

               "Yeh, yeh I'm comin" Myungsoo yelled back, " Well, I guess I'll see you around."

               Myungsoo waved to Sungyeol and walked off with his group.

               "Hey, what was that? With...that new student?" one of his friends asked giving him a cheesey grin.

               "I dunno." Myungsoo shrugged nonchalantly, eyeing the black notebook.

               "Hey isn't that L's ?" another friend said.

               "Yeh, guess he dropped it." Myungsoo said not really paying attention to his friends because he had other things on his mind.

               "Yaaah you rascal what are you planning?" Myungsoo's friend asks.

               "...something interesting..." Myungsoo chuckled as they walked off to the cafeteria.

               Sungyeol stood at awe at the school's cafeteria. Woolim High was indeed very impressive. Back at his old school the cafeteria was only half that size. He made his way towards an empty table, it felt quite lonely eat by himself, but that can't be helped since it was his first day and he didn't have any friends yet.

               From afar Myungsoo and his group sat at their own table joking around as usual. Several girls circle at their table fanning over Myungsoo and his friends. They were the kingkas of the school, and most of all Myungsoo was the top. From a distance he could see the lonely new transfer student sitting by himself eating lunch. He was already taking a liking to him from the morning. Lee Sungyeol was cute, and just his style.

               "Yah Myungsoo what are you looking at?" His friend Jonghyun questioned. Myungsoo nod his head toward Sungyeol's direction.

               "Ohh..the new transfer student...he's cute." his friend stated causing Myungsoo to feel annoyed.

               "Lay off he's mine." Myungsoo said

               "As if...you're not the only one with charms." his friend said.

               "Wanna bet?" Myungsoo challenged sending his friend a smirk.

               "Fine! Two months I'll give you two months if you can get the new transfer student to sleep with you within that time you win." His friend said.

               "That's too easy, I just need one month." Myungsoo cockily said. " What do I get if I win?"

               "Umm..keys to my new Lamborghini...and a year membership to my family's hotel and resort." His friend said, " ...but on one condition...you have to prove it..."

               "Deal." Myungsoo smirking at the thought of the prize. This was indeed a win-win situation for him.

               "Are you guys making another stupid bet again?" L interrupted the group's chat taking a seat next to Myungsoo shuffling through his bag looking for something. He didn't really know what they were up to, but he knew it would be something stupid again.

               "Oh nothing hyung!" Myungsoo greeted, eying his brother's movements and waving the black notebook in his face "Looking for this?"

               " Where'd you find it?"L questioned.

               "An angel came and returned it to me."Myungsoo teasingly said not mentioning Sungyeol to L.

               "Hmph..."L growled taking back his notebook. He had to go to math without it, and now he had a lot of notes to copy over. Ignoring Myungsoo, the group, and the horde of fangirls we went to the corner of the table to do his homework. As he flipped through the book a small note fell out. L questioningly picked it up.

               Hi Hallway stranger,

               I know it's weird but I want to thank you again for helping me today. I'm a new student to the school and there is much for me to know, but running into someone as nice as you made my day. I hope we will become good friends. My name is Lee Sungyeol it's nice to be acquainted with you. <3

               L couldn't help but chuckled at the childishly cute note Sungyeol had tucked inside his notebook. With a small smirk he tucked it neatly inside his notebook. He remembered Sungyeol from the morning. The other boy looked so lost standing amongst the other students early in the morning in the middle of the crowded hallway. L never notices anyone like him before, or rather L never notice anyone, someone who look so sincere, sweet, and beautiful. Even now he questioned himself why he did what he did and helped Sungyeol.