Chapter 007:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Monday - September 29th 2554

 

Rýn woke up just before dawn. She didn't sleep at all the day before and went to bed very early.

Today was D-Day. School will officially start today and the near thought of having to go to class in a room full of supernatural beings, made her nervous. Also considering the fact she has literally no way of actually controlling her own non-existent power.

It made her sad at times, whenever she thought of it she saw herself as a weak link. Someone who could be easily taken out. And that bothered her, because she was always considered a very strong woman. She always the one who stood out because she was strong, both physically and mentally, but in this world she was nothing.

She was just a girl who didn't know how to use her vires.

She was the girl who was could be taken out easily.

She was... different.

"You look depressed." Mai Li stood in the door opening to Rýn's room. Rýn didn't move and stayed in the same position like she has been for the past 20 minutes, staring out her window.

"Well, I'm not." She answered. Mai Li pushed herself of the wall and walked towards her, "I didn't say you were, I just said you looked like you're depressed."

She ended up standing next to the blue haired as they just stared at their campus, while the sun rose.

Mai Li looked at her left and slumped her arm over Rýn shoulder, "So tell me Blue, what's up with you?"

Rýn sighed, "I'm just kind of nervous for today. What if they notice I'm useless?" Mai Li patted her back, "Hey kiddo, you're not useless, you're just not in control of your actions right now.  We'll find out what your vires is, so we can kick Mark's together."

Rýn laughed, "That would be very nice."

"Alright then! We have a deal." Mai Li clapped her hands together, "I suggest you get dressed, I want to go get breakfast in the cafeteria."

Rýn cocked her eyebrow, "Am I supposed to join you?" Mai Li snorted, "Well, who else would go? You're the only one around here to take with me."  Rýn laughed, "Okay, I'll be ready in 10."

Mai Li nodded while walking towards the door, "I'll be waiting in the living room!" And closed the door behind herself. Rýn sighed and stared outside for a second before turning to her closet and taking out her uniform.

She stared into her full size mirror and took a good look at herself, "Hair up? Or down?"

She struggled for a minute and decided to just leave it hanging loose, but she made sure to have a few elastic bands around her wrist just in-case it would get in the way. She glanced one more time in the mirror and quickly left her room to brush her teeth and wash her face.

She walked over to the living room, "You done?" Mai Li asked as she shouldered her backpack.

"Yep, I'm all set." Rýn grabbed her bag and they both walked out the door, making their way towards the cafeteria.

They bumped into Jackson on their way and he was with a friend. "Oh. Wang, it's you." Mai Li cocked an eyebrow. "Nice to see you too, pumpkin." He grinned.

"I see you brought a friend?" Mai Li looked over to the guy next to Jackson. "Oh, this is Aron! He's my roommate." The brown haired guy bowed towards the two girls.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aron Kwak." Mai Li looked at him, "Nice to meet you too. What's your main vires?"

Aron grinned, "That's classified information, darling." He smirked and Jackson elbowed his side, "Don't call her 'darling', kid." Aron only laughed, "Sorry."

Rýn snorted, "Shall we proceed to the cafeteria?" She inquired. The two guys shrugged, "Alright." Rýn bowed deeply, "After you, gentlemen." And she showed the way.

You could hear Mai Li laughing silently in the background. "I want to be early, because standing in line is going to be a drag." The purple haired stated.

 

 

After breakfast, it was almost time for classes to begin.  Jackson and Aron had to leave earlier so Rýn and Mai Li were the only ones left.

"That Aron boy is an odd guy." Rýn said as they started walking towards the main building. "I know right?" Mai Li agreed as she opened her bag and ruffled around her books, trying to look for something.

"He seems nice, though. He smirks a lot, have you noticed that?" Rýn continued talking and the other only hummed, "Yeah, I saw."

She was still looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter