Chapter 015:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Monday - October 20th 2554

 

Lu Han hadn't spoken the entire trip back to the Human Realm. Rýn felt uncomfortable to even call it the Yowai Realm. She didn't appreciate the fact realm she lived in was referred to as the Weak Realm. Thus deciding to name it something else.

The goodbyes between Rýn, Nakta and Byungjoo were hasty and cut-short. Lu Han came from the other room with a serious expression, far more serious than the blue-haired girl was used to. She bit her lip, as she thought of the events from half an hour ago.

 

"Finally! Why did it take y'all so l—"

Her words were abrupted by Lu Han, without missing a single beat, said, "Let's go." She pouted at the thought of leaving early, "What? But, but—" He wouldn't let her finish and had already taken her by the wrist. "We need to go." He was curt in his words, which bothered her inmensely. "B-bye guys!" She managed to stuttered, without tripping over her own feet.

"Hey! What's the big idea?" She had to scowl at the amount of force he was using, it didn't hurt, but it wasn't so pleasant either. "When we get home, we have to talk." Was all he uttered before staying completely silent, the rest of the way. He had a brooding expression and it looked like his frown was etched into his face.

Every time she even thought of asking him why he was acting so cross with her, his immediate response was, "I'll tell you when we get back." His attitude was far form his usual flirty self, barely even looking at her. His eyes flitted around his eye sockets as if he was thinking so deeply his eyes turned dizzy.

Rýn, grumpy by his response, decided to distract herself by counting the diverse collection of animal races she didn't know. By the time they reached a clearing in another forest she had already counted fifty of them.

Lu Han stopped, with Rýn almost bumping in to him, then crouched down. He stabbed the pretty dagger in the ground and a familiar portal opened up. With strong winds powerful enough to her in. However, this time the vortex wasn't purple, but blue. Assuming that the man in front of her wasn't going to talk anytime soon, she didn't dare to ask why the color wasn't the same.

She silently took his arm and held on as they walked towards the end of a tunnel that felt to go on forever.

 

They had landed in an unfamiliar part of the forest. And for the past thirty minutes the oh-so-eloquent teacher was pacing back and forth, trying to collect his words.

"Take your time, it's not like I have a school to attend to or anything." She commented and he hissed at her sarcasm. "I don't know how to explain this, it's... complicated." He sighed in frustration. He wasn't even sure why he struggled so much, he only had to begin by saying five little words. Why was he so afraid?

He looked around and bent down in front of the spot Rýn placed herself. "Rýn," The tension in his voice was so easy to trace, she tensed up herself, "You are a B.O.A."

She tilted her head, confused at how painful it was for him to talk about the subject. However, she didn't have the slightest idea about what a B.O.A even was.

"A what?"

"B. O. A: Beati Oculi Aurea, it is Latin for blessed are the eyes of gold." He bit his lip and, again, a million things were going through his mind.

"Oh. You're talking about my eyes? Well, yes, they're shimmering gold. Why? Is that a problem?" She raised an eyebrow, crossed her arms and had the sassiest expression ever.

The charismatic teacher took a deep breath and hoped to God that no one could hear them.

"Rýn, sweetheart," He gave a tired smile and stood up, "B.O.As are... special."

"How so?" Everything in this world was far from normal, so how were her eyes any different than the usual oddities she faced daily?"

"Long ago, there was a man called Li Wei Xian. He was a scientist that had been studying on why our eyes could fluctuate between our natural eye color and our dányān." He looked up to see if she was still listening, and he had her full attention. She nodded as a sign for him to go on.

"During his discovery he stumbled upon a formula that could not only recreate the powers our dányān indicated, but also enhanced it. If given to anyone, including humans, it could result in the rare genetic mutation that we know today as beati oculi aurea."

She swallowed anxiously as he continued.

"The formula spread like wild fire. But the concoction was unstable and it didn't have the same effect on everyone. Some turned into gruesome monsters. Others had no physical disturbance, but on the inside they rotted away. A lot of them died, a few of them lived." He seemed to tear up a bit and started paci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter