Chapter 010:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Thursday - October 2nd 2554

 

Rýn leaned back on the rock, "So... How are we gonna do this?" She asked with crossed arms.

Jongin fixed his collar, "I guess we can start explaining some basic terms you will come across in your daily lives and then we'll probably go over to a small battle."  He shrugged.

Sehun just leaned againt the other side of the rock, "It'll be a drag, but duties are duties." He huffed as if this was the most tiring thing he had ever done.

Jongin shook his head, "Ignore him. Just sit down and we can start," He looked over to Sehun while Rýn just quietly sat down, "Sehun, you can just go and play with some rocks and the water or whatever."

Rýn giggled as the other stomped his feet over to the small creek.

"I think Mr. Lu covered the formal stuff so I'll be covering the 'magic' related stuff, sounds good, right?" Jongin asked. Rýn nodded happily.

She was very excited about this!

"Okay, so the sheer core of your power is embodied by a creature molded by the likes of your soul, we call this: your Fauntø.

"For example, my main vires is wind. My fauntø is something air related. Her name is Aerihara, a pure maiden with the wings of an angel and the sharp looks of a misleading mistress.

"Your fauntø is one with your soul, if your fauntø were to be in the real world and killed, you'd die with him/her. You two are linked, they were born with you and they die with you. You are considered one and the same no matter the gender or apparent age difference between the two of you."

Jongin made an affirmative nod to himself. "You want to see a fauntø?"

Rýn nodded with full excitement, "I'd be more than glad to!" She smiled.

Jongin stood up and stretched his arms, "Fauntø: First Form. Release." His eyes flashed a familiar blue color, a few sparkly particles danced around his hands, or rather his gloves.

And like that the particles came together and formed together a beautiful angelic woman with big, beautiful, white wings.

This was Jongin's fauntø, Aerihara.

Rýn gaped, "W-woah... She... She's beautiful." Was the first thing she commented.

Jongin smiled, "Beautiful, but annoying." He commented.

And immediately he received a slap to the back of his head. "Ow! That hurts you know! A punch from you is the equivalent as getting hit in the head by a heap of bricks!"

She huffed and crossed her arms, "You stupid , that's just how it feels when you punch someone. Our power is the same, remember?"

Jongin's eye twitched, he was a bit annoyed, "Yeah, whatever Aeri. Just introduce yourself to Rýn, please."

Aerihara bowed politely her head and she gracefully bent down as her wings granted her shadow, "Good day, miss. I am Aerihara, Jongin's loyal servant, fauntø and friend."

The blue haired girl bowed back, "Hello. My name is Tatsuma Rýn, Jongin's current student."

Aerihara spun around, making her wings cause a cold breeze, "Student? Since when were you a teacher?"

Jongin pulled a face, "Did you not pay attention? I'm helping her train her powers and informing her about the Equalæan world, where were you?"

She sheepishly smiled, "Eheh... I was just re-watching some old memories and kinda fell asleep in your core." She fidgeted with her hands.

Jongin sighed, "If only we didn't share a soul , otherwise I would've kicked you out a long time ago." 

Aerihara pulled a face and pinched his nose, "Oh, shush. You know you can't live without me, Nini."

Rýn stared in admiration. Jongin was having a casual conversation with his fauntø, his other half.

It was both amazing and amusing.

Aerihara quickly turned back to Rýn, purposely flapping her wings, catching Jongin off guard, blowing him a few steps back making him trip and land on his .

Aerihara grinned, "So! I assume you're new to this, then?"

Rýn nodded, "Yup, total noob here."

Aerihara laughed, "You're awfully adorable. Did that dummy teach you about rogaī, dányān or saiihuas yet?" She jabbed het thumb towards the annoyed Jongin.

Rýn shook her head, "Nope. What are those?"

Sehun groaned all the way from the creek a he dropped his water orb in the water, "Ugh, how can you not know? So useless." He shook his head.

"Yah, stop complaining, you fool. She's new at this. Now go back to playing with the fishies, Hun." Aerihara snapped.

Sehun's ring glowed and within a flash a tall, broad shouldered, muscular, merman with blonde hair appeared. "You wench! You dare to call my master, a 'fool'?" He said as balanced himself on his tail.

Aerihara stuck out her tongue, "Shut your trap, Yaxha. I didn't ask for your opinion, you codfish. Get back in your master's core already."

You see, Aerihara and Yaxha aren't very fond of each other unlike their counterparts Sehun and Jongin.

She is fond of the sky and he likes the sea, total opposites. She likes freedom and messing around and he enjoys neat and organized things.

"Hey, Jongin! Your fauntø is giving me a headache." Sehun groaned. Jongin rolled his eyes, "Hey, Sehun. How about you shut up." Jongin sarcastically remarked. In which Sehun scowled, as a response.

Rýn snorted to herself. Jongin massagged his temple, "Okay guys, enough. Get back into our cores." He clapped his hands.

The two fauntø both pulled some sour faces at each other before disappearing and leaving a trail of sparkles behind.

"You know, when you explained what they were just then, I expected them to be ethereal, all powerful, calm beings, but they're very hyper, a bit like little kids."

Jongin nodded at her comment, "I know what you mean, but it can feel a bit crowded when I feel her rummaging through my thoughts and memories. She makes a mess of my head." He huffed.

Rýn laughed, "What an odd sentence." He grinned, "I know."

He sat down again and Rýn followed. "Now that you know what a fauntø is, I'll explain your rogaī.

"Your rogaī is an item or accessorie that has a special bond with your soul. Be it a wand or sword, it can be just about anything. We use rogaī to mediate our powers.

"I use the gloves my mother granted me when I was young, they used to be too big for me but now they're a perfect fit.

"You see, I attached myself to these gloves and so they became my mediator. You're fine without a rogaī, but shooting out energy without being able to properly harness it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter