Chapter 006:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Saturday - September 27th 2554

 

It had been around 3 days since Lu Han told her the truth about her school and the world she supposedly belongs in.

She still wasn't sure about anything, in fact she still thought it was somehow a dream, but that thought soon deflated as she witnessed Mai Li light a few candles with her power, or vires, since that's the correct term. Rýn wasn't in the mood to start school at all. In fact, she was scared. What if they find out she is a viresless Equalæ?

But can she consider herself an Equalæ?

She was raised as a human.  Hell, she even looked like a human. 

Fortunately, she didn't smell like a human, because that would've given her away immediately.

Yes, smell. Equalæa have better sense of smell, sight and sound compared to humans.

Which she found odd, especially since a) this is still all very new to her and b) she was - is - an Equalæ, but never realized that she was more advanced than others, she saw it as something normal, or maybe because she never really paid attention to others.

 

She had been very stressed lately.

 

School would begin soon and she had to make sure she wouldn't get caught for not being able to use her powers without failing classes. Rýn was seated in the living room, that had been fully rebuilt, and sat on the comfy couch and stared down at her book, but was distraught nonetheless.

A hand on her shoulder snapped her out of her daze. Her head turned a little and saw Mai Li behind her with a look on her face she hadn't seen before. Concern. "Hey," Mai Li spoke softly and seated herself next to her, "Are you okay?"

Rýn sighed deeply and put her book down, "I guess." She shrugged and Mai Li cocked her eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

And Rýn buried her face in her hands as her elbows leaned on her kneecaps. "No," She shook her head, "I'm not even sure. This all just feels strange and I feel like I've been thrown into a deep pit without any warning. I don't even know what to do. I feel really lost and it feels like I'm suddenly in a whole different world." She said, nearly exhausted.

Mai Li truly pitied the girl, as she herself had never met someone in this position, so she didn't know how to console her.

She patted Rýn's back, "Look blue, I can't really console you, since I at it and I have no idea how this must be for you, but you need to know that I'm here to help you, y'know. You're not alone in this, besides," Mai Li smiled softly, "There's me and I'm sure Jackson wouldn't mind having you around and what about that girl from dorm 17?"

Rýn looked up, "Seyra?" and Mai Li grinned, "Yeah! You told her and she was okay with it, wasn't she?" Rýn nodded, but still slightly solemn.

"She was very cool about it, I guess."

Which was true, hell, Seyra was esthetic. The younger girl never personally really hung around humans before, though Rýn wasn't human, she still felt human. Seyra promised not to tell anyone about Rýn's secret, fortunately the former wasn't a blabbermouth like most girls.

"See! If you ever find yourself in trouble, you can always run to us. I know you're worried about school, but I asked Mr. Lu for some help with that. As for now," She happily pointed to herself, "I am going to help you with discovering your vires!"

Rýn looked up and smiled, "Thanks, I appreciate that a lot," And crushed her roommate into a bone crushing hug. Mai Li had been very nice to her after what happened with and all, Rýn was very grateful as she could see Mai Li really wanted to help her, "It's all going be okay, I promise." Mai Li hugged her back.

There was a knock on the door and they broke out of their position. The knock became louder and both of them raised their eyebrows, "Hey kids! It's me, your favorite teacher, Lu Han." Mai Li rolled her eyes as Rýn only had to giggle at that statement.

The purple-headed girl stomped towards the door and opened it harshly with a glare. "What do you want?" She crosse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter