Chapter 011:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Sunday - October 19th 2554

Rýn's lessons with Jongin and Sehun were coming along pretty well, though she still couldn't utilize her power, she was thankful nonetheless for all the training she had received. The theoretical stuff, on the other hand, still confused her to bits. 

She had to revise more than 4 times, because all the technical terms were messing with her head. Luckily she had her trustworthy friends Mai Li and Seyra would help her every now and then. "I want you to just read through these notes, and not just scanning, I want you to truly understand it." Seyra ordered to her an hour ago and she still wasn't done understanding it.

"You got this, Rýn! Just start form the top." She encouraged herself and went back tot he first page.

 

► Saiihuas: are types of spells one can use.

Type 1 is Fyshōu, the physical moves.

Type 2 is Spyroū, the elemental spells.

Type 3 is Dakåi, the sealing spells.

Type 4 is Ûh'hōu, the illusion spells.

► Your Fauntø: is your core creature and one with your soul, if your fauntø were to be in the real world and killed, you'd die with him/her. You two are linked, they were born with you and they die with you. You are considered one and the same no matter the gender or apparent age difference between the two of you.

► Your Rogaī: is an item or accessory that has a special bond with your soul. Be it a wand or sword, it can be just about anything. We use rogaī to mediate our powers. You're fine without a rogaī, but shooting out energy without being able to properly harness it, can be a bit tricky for people who are still new at it.

► Your dányān: is your special eye color that indicates your main vires

► Ranks: There are multiple ranks in the world on the Equalae. From high to low;

Rank 1 are (The Crescent Syndicate)

Rank 2 are (The Royals)

Rank 3 are (The Subordinates)

Rank 4 are (The Barons)

Rank 5 are (The Bourgeoisie)

Rank 6 are (The Ineligibles)

► Crescent Syndicate: It has about 333 members.

►  Smaragdos Libellula: Dubbed as the "The Exterminators of the Equalaean World." with a member count of 101 members.

►  Spirit: The very existence of your power, in its purest form.

► Equalaean: A self-developed language  Equalae came up with. It has bits and pieces of Dutch, German, Latin and Japanese, but is mostly unique words and stylized words.. The most common languages spoken amongst the Equalae is Latin, German, Dutch, Korean, Cantonese, English and Japanese.

► ...

► ...

 

Mai Li checked on her 30 minutes after that and decided to test her knowledge, "Good job!" She high-fived her. Once Jongin lets you pass the test, you'll officially know all the basics. Rýn cheered, "Yay!"

"Now all you have to do is unlock your special powers and you can finally have nice normal life." Mai Li joked, Seyra snorted in the door-opening.

"Ha ha, very funny you guys." Rýn shook her head, "I could never have a never normal life after this, but I don't mind. This is what I am and I want to be proud of it." She sat on her bad and let herself fall back on it.

"If only I had my powers already, because getting excused for combat classes all the time is so annoying! Honestly." She scoffed and kicked the side of her desk. "Well, your lessons with Jongin and Sehun are tomorrow, and since you've pretty much covered everything theoretical, I think it'd be about time for your practical lessons." Seyra crossed her legs as she sat on the floor in front of Rýn's bed, while Mai Li sat in the rotating chair.

"How about we get a head start? We can teach you about the basics, like how you form a spirit ball! The very first thing every kid learns to do  when starting off!" Seyra chirped excitedly and Mai Li nodded, "That sounds like a good idea."

Rýn sat right up, very curious, "How do I make a spirit ball?" Mai Li help up her right hand, slightly cupped and after a second of concentrating a white-ish translucent glowing orb was created in her hand. It was the size of her head and it was perfectly round.

Rýn looked at her in awe, "That's so cool! Oh my god! What does it do?"

Seyra shrugged, "Not much, it just emits light, but it does help a lot with controlling your vires. The rounder and bigger the orb, the more controlled your power."

"How do I make one?"

"You literally try and focus in head. Think of gathering the spirit within you and imagine it turning in to a ball in your hand. And I suggest doing this exercise at least 3-5 times a day for a week, try to make it a bit bigger every time and keep it glowing for at least 10 minutes. I want you to show us  your progress every two days." Mai Li talked like a strict, yet kind elementary teacher.

"And try to meditate once or twice a day for about 30 minutes, it really helps building up your concentration! The best times are sunset and sunrise, the most relaxing times of the day." Seyra pointed out.

Rýn smiled and gave her a thumbs up, "Alright-y! I'll try." And she held one of her hands up, and focused really hard in her head. She saw specks of light gathering into a dot and it started to grow bit by bit.

After a minute she opened her eyes and came eye to eye with a glowing small ball, the size of a pea. It wasn't very round, a bit wonky even, but it was her spirit ball.

"Good job!" Both Seyra and Mai Li cheered, and applauded her. "Look! Look! I did it! I made a little spirit ball!" Rýn pointed at it proudly, like a kid showing its birthday present.

She pouted as soon as it faded away, "Ah... that was barely two minutes."

Mai Li patted her shoulder, "It's at least something. You did well!"

Seyra stood up and stretched her limbs, "Well, my partner is calling for me, so I should be going. Nahyun can a bit grumpy whenever I show up late to training." And she left.

"What do people actually mean with 'partners

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter