Chapter 005:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Wednesday - September 24th 2554

 

Rýn froze. "I'm... what?" She went into a total shock which went through the phases of, confusion, anger, more confusion, defeat and then onwards towards slight exception.

"H-how is that possible? I- My parents aren't-" That's where she cut herself off. Her parents, she forgot that the people who had nurtured her for the past 16-17 years were not here real parents.

She was adopted.

She forgot about that tiny little fact for a sec.

"Your parents are?" Lu Han questioned her further as she had seemed to daze off. "-They're not my real parents..." Rýn finished in a whisper.

Lu Han looked surprised but then smiled, "Ah!  So that's why you're so unfamiliar with our world! You're adopted huh? That's rare, since no one ever gave up their own child for adoption. Well, there haven't been any reports from parents actually doing that. Hmm, I wonder what your Vires will be-" The man got interrupted by the second female in the room, Mai Li.

What's a 'vires'? Rýn thought confused.

"Lu Han!" She snapped, "Could you be any more insensitive?" She hissed and turned towards her roommate, "He's a at times, I apologize for his indecent behavior. You must be quite shocked huh?" And all Rýn could was nod, as she was still utterly confused with the whole scenario.

"Well, I guess we should explain it to you, slowly." Mai Li turned away for a sec, "Lu Han. You're the adult here. And as a teacher you should elaborate this on her." Mai Li commanded the older male.

Lu Han scowled at her, "Who gave you the right to order me around like this? "He muttered annoyed. Mai Li could still hear him though, "Society gave me the right." She stated as the matter of fact.

It made Lu Han fall into silence for a bit, before he snapped out of his daze.

"Okay, out! I need to talk to her in private. Jackson," He looked at the other male, and Jackson nodded, "Yes sir?" Lu Han flashed a polite smile, even though Jackson below both Mai Li and his rank.

"Can you make sure that your partner here also leaves the room without trouble? It seems that Mai Li's dorm has been violated, I suggest you fix that." Lu Han gestured him to to the door and Mai Li sighed, "ing Mark." She cursed as Jackson dragged her away.

As soon as the door closed, Lu Han had this grin on his face. He was trying to look nice, but damn he looked pretty creepy. 

"Shall we start then?" He asked and all Rýn could do was nod yet again, he gave off a slightly eerie feeling, without his knowing. It made her a bit uncomfortable, maybe it was the fact that he was a stranger and he was about to explain something to her, something that was supposed to be fiction and something that was supposed to be - not real.

"What do you want to know?" He began and Rýn jumped right in with "Everything. I want to know everything."

It made him chuckle, "That may take a while, since our history is quite... extensive." He had a soft frown, it looked cute with a face like his.

"Care to be more specific then?" Lu Han questioned further. "Well... How does the whole system or hierarchy here work?" Rýn asked after a few minutes of hard thinking.

Lu Han took a deep sigh, "Stay seated please, this is going to be quite difficult to explain, but you'll understand it along the way."

 

 

 

 ♦ Rýn ♦

And Lu Han began, it took some time but I got most of it. He explained that there are different ranks.

The highest rank is the Higher-Ups (I didn't quite hear the actual term for them because I didn't really hear him, that boy talks faster than you'd think) and those who are directly related to them (In which he meant the children of one of the Higher-Ups and one's spouse, grandchildren too. I asked)  

Any family member that is a generation above the member (For instance, their parents) of the higher-ups are respected by the ranking system, They are part of the secondary rank as they are related to a member of the Higher-Ups.

"Crescent Syndicate." He corrected me. I glared at him, he was reading my thoughts! Damn you, I purposely directed to him. He chuckled and then he continued talking about the other rankings. 

 

The first rank, "Crescent Syndicate." which has been explained before.

The second rank, "The Royals." Meaning; The former generations which are related to the members of the Crescent Syndicate, 

The third rank, also known as "The Barons." Which happen to be a bit underprivileged but still hold a certain position when is comes to family bonds, them being related to one of the members of the Crescent Syndicate, or of one of The Royals, in any case. They are usually the siblings or cousins or anything close to that.

The fourth rank, "The Subordinates." Which are the people who are rich but non-influential and aren't part of the first, secondary or third rank.

The fifth rank (The second lowest rank), "The Bourgeoisie." These are the common people (The Middle-Class or so to say), they have no influence whatsoever and aren't rich but adequately well off, but not over-the-top rich as hell.

And last (and certainly) least, the sixth rank (The lowest rank), "The Ineligibles." They belong to the Equalæa but aren't influential, rich nor can they even afford any basic material one needs. They are the epitome of Equalæic poverty, much lower than this can one not go.

 

(Other than being human, which I found extremely offensive. I mean like "Hello, I was raised as a human. Thank you very much!" Which made Lu Han apologize to me, immediately.)

 

Lu Han explained the hierarchy  is highly respected here. Sometimes, the students here are of an even higher rank than the teachers, which does lead to some occasional controversies and whatnot.

"Moving on to power! You—" I interrupted him though,"Wait! So... What about you?" I asked Lu Han as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter