Chapter 004:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Tuesday - September 23rd 2554


Rýn looked around confused. Feeling a pair of eyes burn into her skull. Who the hell was watching her? She felt anxious, because this person saw her training. And training is something strictly private to the girl. Only her trainer could see her train and no one else. Only Chanhae Sensei.

Hwang Chanhae, was a special private martial arts trainer. 

He was around his mid-twenties and has messy brownish-black  hair with hints of dark red streaks on his nape, with some lighter shades of ash brown by the tips. His eyes are slightly greenish-gray .

He also wears a few black star studs on his left ear. He has a strange rune like tattoo on his back[1] trailing all the way down to his arm. And as far as Rýn knows, he has a younger brother and both of his parents are wealthy.

He doesn’t talk a lot about his personal life unlike Rýn, but he is indeed a good listener.

They are more than acquaintances yet less than friends. He is that person that would call to check up on her once or twice, but wouldn’t intentionally visit without purpose. A blunt man, extremely honest, but very sincere.

While trying to feel less nervous she heard her phone go off.

For a second she forgot where she had placed the bag and twirled around a few times figuring out where the sound came from. She ran towards the bushes and could still hear a slight rustle in the leaves before she arrived.

Must’ve been an animal, damn raccoons. She thought in a scoff.

Rýn unlocked her phone and picked up without hesitation, “Hello, who’s this?” She asked.

“Hello Rýn, how’s my star student doing in her college.” A slightly deep voice sounded and she pouted, “Boring, Everything is so confusing and the people here act weird.” He slightly chuckled, man she could already imagine him eye-smiling.

“Come on, KNT isn’t such a bad college.” He playfully told Rýn.

The girl frowned at his hologram, “Kurayami No Tenshi? I don’t go there, I go to Ryujin now. Didn’t I tell you this already?” And his holographic face stiffened.

“O-oh you did?” He choked out an awkward chuckle. Rýn eyed him suspiciously, “Something wrong sensei?” And he quickly shook his head, “Nope. Nothing wrong at all.” Rýn narrowed his eyes at him.

Chanhae sighed deeply after giving into Rýn’s deep stare. “My brother goes there.”

Rýn perks up, “Really now? What’s his name?” The male glared a little and Rýn just grinned in return. He scoffed, “Hwang Chansung. He’s a year older than you.” Chanhae scowled at the mention of his own little brother.

“Wow, I can feel the family love.” Rýn rolled her eyes. Chanhae scrunched up his face in disgust. “You are such a sour face sensei.” The girl commented.

“Am not,” He rolled his eyes then turned to serious, “Rýn, please promise me not to seek out Chansung.”

It was now the girl’s turn to roll her eyes, “Yeah, yeah-“

“Tatsuma Rýn, swear it.” Chanhae glowered and she slightly shivered and then slightly frowned with her bottom lip slightly protruding.

“I, Tatsuma Rýn, swear to Hwang Chanhae not to seek out thy younger brother, Hwang Chansung.” She did an scouts honor with 3 fingers crossing her heart, secretly crossing two fingers behind her back thinking;

As if he could ever stop me. She mentally snorted. Chanhae stared at her for a good 30 seconds before saying goodbye and hanging up.

“Weirdo.” She commented after he hung up.

 

 

The sun was starting to set when she arrived at her dorm. She unlocked the door and came ‘home’ to an empty dorm.

Mai Li hadn’t  returned yet from her so-called ‘combat training’ she went to a few hours ago. Rýn showered to cool down a bit before she dropped herself on the couch placed in front of the huge television.

While switching channels, a strong force pushed her off the couch making Rýn squeal, “You’re hogging the entire couch.” A voice strangely similar to Mai Li growled. The blue haired female scowled, “When did you even enter, I never heard a door open and close.” Rýn scowled.

“The window.” Mai Li casually commented while crossing her legs stealing the bags of chips out of Rýn hands. “Hey! That’s mine- The window?” She loudly shrieked in surprise.

“We’re at the 23rd floor of the building, We're 98843094m high. How the did you-“ A loud explosion sound made Rýn stop her words immediately. “Crap!” Mai Li hissed.

“Rýn, duck now!” And the girl did as told and could still catch Mai Li shooting an orb-like thing at something behind her.

“Dammit, didn’t I get rid of you?” Mai Li growled. “What the hell is happening?” Rýn said surprised and obviously scared.

The attacker, that blew up half of the dorm, chuckled, “Mai Li, you can’t decide whether or not a battle is over. I’m the one to decide that.” Mai Li cursed deeply at the person, “Really, did you seriously have to bring that with you.”

Mai Li scowled both at the boy and the girl next to him.

“What? Scared that you can’t handle us alone?”

Mai Li quickly turned to Rýn, “You there,” She sharply looked at you, “Get your behind me and don’t move a damn inch. You got that?”

And before Rýn could even feel the slightest bit offended, the blue head already scurried as quickly as possible to her closest safe haven (which happened to be one the most annoying girls she knows)

“Dammit Mark, you know the rules. The fighting curfew began the moment the sun was down. No battles after that, I already had to deal with a damn fire dæmon[2] before you came in.” Mai Li was pissed. Very pissed.

It scared Rýn even though the anger was clearly not directed towards her. Mai Li hissed in anger, “I have to fight these es alone. Where is Jackson when you need him.”

The purple headed girl turned with a glare to the helpless blue haired female behind her, “You’re not any help either, are you?”

Rýn scoffed, “I don’t even know what’s going on!” Obviously very confused and quite surprised, Mai Li stared at her momentarily forgetting about Mark and his female companion, that girl Yerin. She’s not a bad person, seriously, but Mark makes her dumber and more oblivious than she already is.

“Mark, you nitwit. You literally broke a dozen rules just by doing this. I’m so gonna report you to after this.” She crossed her arms and raised her brow. “Do I look like I care.” He pointed.

“Oh, you just blew up half of my dorm. You !” Mai Li scowled and muttered a few words under her breath and quickly threw a water sphere (What the hell?) at Mark at which the boy quickly made a shield out of thin air.

Rýn’s eyes widened.

‘Jackson, get your but here! Mark just blew up my dorm. I swear come here or I will honestly break your junk.’  Mai Li said to Jackson through her mental connection with the boy.

‘Just because this is through telepathy, doesn’t mean you can shout all you want Mai. I was sleeping dammit,’ Jackson was silent for a second and Mai Li figured he sighed. ‘I’ll be there in 2 minutes. You’re lucky I live right above

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter