Chapter 014:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Monday - October 20th 2554


Needless to say, she was nervous.

Onyx had told her about the dangers of this procedure and the chances of her dying at the spot were small, but the fact that she had a chance of dying at all was already too much.

She played around with the special robe she was given. The design of it seemed odd, as there were purposely open spots cut out on the arms, back and sides. She suspected it had to do something with the spirit points on her body.

"Uhmm, Mr. Naluth? Sir, if I may ask; how, exactly, are you going to 'unblock' my spirit points?" She held quotation marks up in the air, while sitting on a white flat rock formation that was covered with a soft type of fur to act as a mattress.

"It's difficult to explain. It's like picking locks, I pretty much have to rewire your spiritual system within your body."

She shifted uncomfortably, "Will it hurt?" the girl asked with a shaky voice, though the pain wouldn't compare to exploding under some spiritual pressure eventually resulting into a quick death, so the reason as to why she even asked the question left her mind as it was a fleeting thought.

"Only a bit, you'll feel a bit of a pressure, but depends on the person. You'll be asleep during most of it." He patted her shoulder and smiled, but it did not make her feel any more at ease, "You know, that's what my dentist always said when he would adjust my braces. He always said it wouldn't hurt." She chirped and followed the man with her eyes as he started to prepare certain items.

"And? Did it hurt?" He didn't look at her as he was too engrossed in cleaning his items.

Rýn scoffed, "Yes. A lot." A sigh followed and she decided to look around a bit, "This place is actually quite beautiful, but so out of character with the rest of the building."

Onyx had to laugh softly, "Yeah, well, this is a private room that was cut out from one of the rock formations behind Town Hall. It was built a long time ago and quite old fashioned compared to the office, but the enchantment around it forbids for it to be changed."

She wasn't really interested in asking about enchantments, like... She was about to have her system unclogged and asking about more things she didn't fully understand wasn't really something she was currently interested in. Despite being fairly knowledgeable about magic, which came from watching hours and hours of anime, it would still feel like having constant migraines trying to figure out what everything means, and what everyone does, and she was not in the the mood for any of that. All she really wants is to just go home and re-watch episodes of some old anime from the twenty first century like K-project or One Punch Man.

"You ready?" He turned a round with some odd glowing stones in a basket. "What in heck is that?" She pointed at the basket. "Oh, these are just Rose Arcophites."

"Uhm. That sounds like something dangerous, how about no." Hastily holding her hands up. He had to laugh at her innocent distrust, "Oh, these are just stones."

She huffed, "Yeah. That glow! That's not normal!" He cocked an eyebrow, "So you've never even seen those little Stiartite pebbles that light up in the dark? Every child had them, even Nakta. He had 4, all had names." She wasn't even going in to that, honestly like nevermind. "Can we just move on? I'm not familiar with all these odd magical references so let's just try to get on with it so I can start understanding them later." She groaned. "Ooh, someone's a bit grumpy~." He teased and she only huffed, "Please?" 

 

Then it was finally time. She laid there, stones placed strategically placed on points of her body, in a dimly lit cave like room. He placed his hands over her eyes and they softly glowed green, as he whispered, "Sleep." And before the pain could kick in, she fell dead asleep.

 

She felt like she was falling, endlessly, just on and on towards nothing. No screaming, no threatening sensation, it was just a silent free fall. It was like she was floating in space.

She decided to close her eyes again and now she was somewhere else.

She couldn't move a lot, she wasn't tied up, but her movements are limited as if she wasn't fully in control, like she was a new born baby. Babies only see shapes and colors, which is exactly what she was seeing right now.

 "I swear if he put me on drugs and made me have an acid trip or something I will sue." She said to herself, though it didn't come out as she wanted, as it only sounded like gibberish. In fact, every word she said ended up sounding like baby gibberish.

A thing was rotating above her head and it played a familiar song. A baby mobile. "Is this a crib?" She looked around halfheartedly, "Am I having a very realistic flashback or am I in a lucid dream?"

She just rolled around from side to side, but wasn't able to make out anything with her blurry vision, however she did not feel like a stranger with the unfamiliar purple and blue colors around her, despite not knowing where she was.

The door to the balcony opened and suddenly a dark, hooded figure hovered over her crib. The only thing that made them stand out from the dark room was their silver tattoos that shone underneath the incoming moonlight, golden glowing eyes, and flashing white smile. 

"Shh, shh, don't worry," He picked her up and walked around the room cradling her, "I've been ordered to help you to get out of here, you're in danger, My Lady. Your mother told me to protect you and keep you safe." His voice was gentle and kind. "We must hurry, before your father finds out."

My father? She thought confused. From up close she was able to make out his face and cat like eyes. He picked up a familiar colored box, "This music box is a gift from your mother, the ballerina has a protection spell on it and turns into a necklace," He face palmed but held onto the box anyway. She found it looking familiar. Was that her music box?

"Look at me talking to a baby like it understands me," He sighed and held onto the baby with care,  "Nice to meet you, Lady Mayuri. My name is Moon Bin. I know I'm only 16, but that doesn't mean I can't protect you. We must go now, but I'll keep you safe." He opened the window and leapt from the balcony.

The baby cried out of instinct as it was swept away in the darkness of the night by a strange teen. Rýn wanted to follow the two, but she wasn't seeing things from her point of view anymore when Moon Bin left the room, instead she was stuck there.

Why was she having these visions anyway? Were they flashbacks? Was that baby her?

The name made her doubt her thoughts, her name wasn't Mayuri, was it?

No, of course not!

It's Rýn! Tatsuma Ophelia Rýn.

Yes, Ophelia...

When they adopted Rýn, her only known name was Ophelia. Odd to give a baby, but it's what was said on the blanket that came in the basket.

In any case, Rýn was unable to follow the baby and the stranger, and instead she was held stuck in her position. She closed her eyes and found herself a new place, she was suddenly a pregnant lady. Was this the future? Was this her future as a mother?

"Hey, Akemi, honey? Are you okay? Do you need some tea? Cookies? Are you having any cravings?" A man with a kind smile and lovely eyes bent down in front of her. "Hiiro, darling. I'm fine, really." The person she was spoke on her own while all she could do was watch.

This woman, Akemi, had beautiful dark blue curls cascading down her face, and it reminded her much like own hair, but the name made her realize this was not her. This was someone else.

"I'm just worried about the baby, that's all. I don't want anything to happen to my little heir," He lovingly rubbed his hands over his wife's belly. "It might be a girl, you know?" Akemi laughed, while all Rýn could do was wonder why she was shown this. "Well, if it's a boy we'll name him Minoru," He grinned, "If it's a girl, we'll call her Mayuri, Kuronuma Mayuri."

Mayuri, there was that name again. So this must've been from before the scene where the baby "Lady Mayuri" was taken by the handsome Moon Bin.

A smile hushed over Akemi's lips, "I love it." Hiiro moved over for a tight hug, "I knew you'd love it! You can pick the second names!"

"I've already thought of some, as I enjoy reading Shakespeare," She whispered, "Othello for a boy and then I'll leave Ophelia for when it's a girl."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter