Chapter 009:

Eternal Eclipse [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: Wednesday - October 1st 2554


Lu Han had contacted Mai Li just before midnight. Rýn was already sleeping around 10:00 pm feeling absolutely drained of energy.

The man came knocking on the door just as the purple headed girl came out of the bathroom. She released a groan, knowing all to well it was him. She walked towards the door whilst drying her hair with a towel.

With a sigh she opened it and looked him with a bored expression, "What now, Han?" He looked kind of hasty and ruffled his hair, "Look I'm not here to talk about you and me, okay? This is about your friend over there." He looked quite serious as he gestured towards the room Rýn was sleeping in.

"What about it?" She cocked an eyebrow as her hands stopped drying her hair. "Look, if she ever comes to you asking what her eye color means, I want you to not say anything about it, okay? She's an out right danger to herself."

Mai Li looked confused, "W-what do you mean?" She stuttered, feeling extremely nervous all of a sudden. "Rýn's eyes are... Shimmering Gold." He stated with the most deadpanned expression ever.

"." She hissed lowly.

Lu Han held her shoulder and looked intently in to her eyes, "I have a favor of you to ask. When she asks anything, and I mean anything, about her eyes. Deject the question, ignore everything about it. She can not find out about it yet. When we find out her strength and is in control of her power, we will tell, but not now. So can you do this for me?"

Mai Li looked down  as she bit her lip. Rýn is her friend, she would be betraying her, but it's for her safety.

Mai Li looked uncomfortable with it but eventually she sighed in defeat, "Fine, but you take the blame." He nodded furiously, "Yes, thank you, thank you!" He squeezed her in to a bone crushing hug.

"Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen you legitimately care for someone." She pulled away coldly. Lu Han groaned, "Oh come on. We were just having a moment. Why do you always ruin everything?" He pouted.

She huffed and ruffled her hair with her towel before pushing him back, "Goodnight, Han." She softly mumbled before closing the door. "N-no, Mai! Mai!" He banged the door loudly before giving up after the 4th time.

He leaned his back against the door and slid down to the floor with a huff, "Han, you're so stupid..." He mumbled to himself, burying his face in his hands.

Mai Li sighed heavily as she shuffled back to her room. She dropped herself on her queen-sized bed , staring up the ceiling. "Stupid Han." She cussed softly.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." She chanted to herself before sitting up again and completely drying off her hair. She frowned when she suddenly thought about the past, "You don't ever change, do you Han?" She had to think of those times, back when...

Mai Li yawned and rubbed her eyes, "This is not the time to get all emo and nostalgic, Mai." She knocked herself on the head and climbed under her covers, letting her sleep take over. 

 

Date: Thursday - October 2nd 2554

 

Today is the actual D-Day, huh. Rýn looked in her mirror as she tied her hair up in to a high pony tail[1]. She washed up and did her daily routine before she came to a stop and realized something, "Hey Mai!" She called out from her room. "The other girl answered in the distance, "Yeah?", though her voice came a little muffled.

"Since today are the special classes, are we supposed to wear our uniforms or should I go in my combat clothes?" Rýn walked over to the door opening of her room.

Mai Li came out her room with an elastic band in between her lips as she was holding up her hair to make a pony tail[2]. "Combat clothes, definitely your combat clothes." She mumbled as she brushed through her purple hair quickly, before taking the band out and tying it tightly, letting her bangs cover her eyebrows.

Rýn nodded to herself, "Alright-y then." Before walking back just 10 minutes later with the question, "Weapons, yes or no?" Mai Li crossed her arms with a curious look, "How many you got?"

Rýn shrugged, "Dunno, enough to get by, I guess." Mai Li looked amused with a glint of mischief in her eyes. "Show me," Rýn opened her closet door and both doors were filled with weapons, neatly arranged. Mai Li gaped at her, "Wow..."

"You know," She mused, "If it weren't for the lack of guns I would've assumed you were an assassin." She chuckled.

Rýn didn't comment and looked her right in the eye with the most serious expression she could muster.

"N-no way..." Mai Li awed, but her amazement soon got disrupted by Rýn, herself, as the latter laughed hysterically, "Oh my god, do you really think I have it in me to be an assassin? I may be trained well, but assassination isn't very much of my forte." She stated amusingly, followed by a snort.

Mai Li rolled her eyes with a grin, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I suggest you just take along your Twin Samurai Set and..." She tapped her chin and took out two daggers, "Dragon Daggers can always come in handy." The blue headed girl smiled before taking them, "Sounds okay to me."

Rýn turned to her twin swords, "Come on Fujin and Sujin, mommy's gonna take you out on a trip." She cooed and Mai Li snorted, "You name your weapons?"

Rýn nodded, "Yup! They all have individual names. These daggers are called Izanagi and Izanami. My twin swords are Fujin and Sujin and, for example, my ninja stars are named after the Seven Lucky Gods." She explained.

"Wow, talk about attachment." Mai Li muttered to herself. "Anyway, it's almost time. You ready to go?"

Rýn nodded grabbing her her gym bag, carefully placing her swords and daggers in it along with some food, drinks and some extra junk. "Let's go!"

 

After getting breakfast and running in to Seyra, Aron and Jackson, all of them walked towards the main building, all in their combat cloth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter