Chapter 2

Closing the Distance

“I’ll walk you.” he says as he lets go of my arm. 

“That’s okay, I can walk by myself.” I say. He looks at me and then begins walking in the direction I was headed. I looked at the other 3 men standing together with a confused look on my face. They all had this odd smirk on their face and they all simultaneously shrugged. Then they turned around and walked in the opposite direction to the way Sung-Joon just left, waving as they did so. 

“Aren’t you coming?” I hear from behind me. I turn around and am surprised at how much distance Sung-Joon had made in that short time. Damn his long legs. I run over to where he is and we start walking.

It’s quiet for what felt like a very long 5 minutes and there was still 20 minutes left until we reached my hotel. I didn’t know what to say to him because anything I could say that might be interesting I said when the others were with us. Plus, I was pretty sure he didn’t like me being with them today so I didn’t know how I had ended up in this very awkward situation.

“Is this weird?” his voice disrupts my thoughts. I didn’t catch what he said.

“Sorry?” I say.

“Is this weird? For you, I mean.” 

“Is what weird?”

“Walking with me.”

“Not at all. Apart from the fact you’re ridiculously tall and it hurts my neck to look at you.” I say, jokingly. 

“Oh. Sorry.” he looks away from me and brushes his fingers through his hair. 

“I was kidding.” 

“Huh? Oh. Yeah. I know.” he laughs awkwardly, this time rubbing the back of his neck. 

What is going on here? I think to myself. 

“I know that this may seem a bit odd considering we just met and all... But do you think we could hang out again?” he says to me as we walk, legs in sync. 

“Of course! We already decided that before with the others.”

“No. Not with them. Just us two.” he says looking at me shyly. 

I did not expect that. 

“Oh. Umm...”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to -”

“No. It’s not that. I’d love to,” He smiles, “But -”

“But?” His face drops.

“But you hardly spoke to me all day. I kind of thought that you didn’t like the fact Soo Hyuk Oppa asked me to hang out with you.”

“That’s not it. That’s definitely not it.” he says, shaking his hands in front of him.

“But I saw you arguing with them -”

“That’s not why I was arguing with them,” he says cutting me off. “It was about... something else.”

“Oh. Okay. Sorry.” I say, confused with how he was acting. 

“No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have acted the way I did today. It’s just that, Soo Hyuk Hyung called you over because of me.”

“Because of you?”

“Yeah. I think you’re pretty. Like, really pretty and well he went over to you before I could stop him and well...” he says as he lifts his arm to shrug. 

“Oh. Well umm... thank you - I guess?” I didn’t know what to make of this situation. 

“So would you like to hang out with me again?” He says, wringing his hands together. “Just me.”

“I’d love to. But -” I say.

“But? There’s something else? What is it?” he says, freaking out. I smile at his expression.

“Yours is the only number I don’t have.” I say, looking up at him. 

“Ah.” He visibly calms down and chuckles to himself. “Pass me your phone.” he says, holding his hand out. 

I hand him my phone. He takes it and dials his number. Still holding my phone he takes out his phone. He shows me his screen which has an incoming call - from me. He ends the call from my phone and hands me back my phone. 

“All done.” he says. “What name are you saving me under?”

I go to save his number as “Sung Joon-ssi” as he leans over to take a look. 

“Sung Joon-ssi? Is that it?” he asks.

“What else am I supposed to put?” 

“Yah. I’m putting a heart next to your name and all you’re putting is Sung Joon-ssi? How did you save Soo-Hyuk hyungs number?”

“Yah? How long have we known each other that you’re being informal with me? I saved Soo Hyuk Oppa’s the exact same way. Soo. Hyuk. Ssi.” I say, a bit confused as to why he was making such a big deal about it. And why did he put a heart next to my name? “How do you want me to save it?”

He puts his hand under his chin. “Hmm..” a sly smile spreads across his amazingly handsome face, “I want to be different to the others. How about... Sung Joon.. Oppa?”

I look at him with an eyebrow raised. “Shouldn’t Soo Hyuk-ssi and Young Kwang-ssi be saved as Oppa more than you? They are older than you and I already call them Oppa anyways.”

Sung Joon crosses his arms and pouts. “You can call them Oppa if you want but don’t save them in your phone as Oppa. About that. Why don’t you call me Oppa?” 

“I thought you didn’t even like me!” I say, slightly frustrated at his behaviour. Was it bad that I found him kind of cute, even though he was being absolutely ridiculous with his argument.

“Ah. Well then save me as Sung Joon Oppa and put a heart at the end.”

“A heart?” I ask him. 

“A heart.” he says, with a big grin on his face.

By this time we had reached my hotel.

“Okay, okay.” I say, giving in. “I don’t understand why it’s so important anyways.”

“It’s important to me.” he says, stopping in front of the hotel doors.

“Gee. For someone who hardly talked to me all day you sure are demanding.” I say jokingly. “Thanks for walking me. Are you going to be okay to get back?”

“Yeah. I’ll just get a taxi back.” He places a hand on my arm and leans in to kiss me on the cheek. “I’ll call you. Goodnight.” as he steps back he gives me a wink. Then I watch as he gets into a taxi and it drives away. 

I stand there still unsure of what just happened. Did Bang Sung Joon just kiss me? I get zapped back to reality by the vibrating of my phone. I look at the name on the screen - “Sung Joon Oppa ♥︎”. Already? I think to myself as I turn around to go into the hotel. 

“Are you in your room yet?” he asks before I even get to say hello. 

“Not yet. I’m waiting for the elevator” I say as I press the button for the elevator. 

“But I left like 5 minutes ago? It shouldn’t take that long to get to your room. I thought you’d at least be in the hallway by now.”

“Huh? Oh yeah. I stayed outside to get some air before coming in.” I say not wanting to reveal the fact that he had stunned me into place with his kiss. I could still feel the warmth of his lips on my cheek.

“Mhmm. Was the 25 minute walk not enough air for you?”

Damn.

“Uh. Oh, I’m in my room now.” I pretend to yawn. “Gee, I’m tired. Thanks again for walking me. I should really get to bed though. I plan to be up early to go out tomorrow. Bye”

“Wait.” I lift the phone back up to my ear mentally slapping myself for being so obviously flustered. 

“Yes?”

“Say it one time.”

“Say what?”

“Oppa. Call me Oppa. Just once.”

I could feel myself blush. I threw off my shoes and fanned myself. Even with the hotel air-conditioning which I usually find freezing didn’t stop the heat fill my face. 

“Um. Uh goodnight... O-Oppa.” I say quickly say before hanging up and flopping onto my bed. What in the world happened today?

 

A/N: This is all I'm putting up right now. I have a lot more but I want to see what the responses are like before I go ahead with this. 

Please let me know what you think. I know they're pretty packed. Chapter 1 and 2 is actually just one big chapter on my computer but I decided to break it up so that it's easier for you to read. 

I will update again soon. :)