Chapter 3

Closing the Distance

The next day I wake up and get ready to head out. I plan to go to Paris today. As I’m packing my overnight bag I hear my phone ring. I pick it up without checking who it is first. 

“Hello?” I say, trapping my phone between my ear and my shoulder as I grab another shirt to pack. 

“Jagiya!” My phone drops to the floor. I quickly pick it up and look at the screen - Sung Joon Oppa. My heart starts racing. “Hello? Are you there?” 

I lift the phone up to my ear again. “Yeah I’m here.” I say as I feel my cheeks start to heat up remembering yesterday.

“Oh, good. What are you doing today?” I think about whether I should tell him the truth or not. He’s so different to how he was yesterday. He’s a lot more open now and I don’t know what to think of it. 

“I’m going to Paris.” I tell him. There’s no reason to lie to him. 

“Really? By yourself?”

“Yeah. Who else can I go with?” There’s a slight pause. I secretly wished he would offer to come with me, but why would he do that? I ‘m really just another fan, no one special.

“Me. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Wait. What?

“But -” he hangs up. This has got to be a dream. There is no way I am going to Paris with Bang Sung Joon. I thought it was a dream that I even met the guy and now he’s offered to accompany me all the way to Paris. I must have saved the country in my previous life because this was just too good to be true. I pinched myself. Definitely not dreaming. 

I finish packing and head down to the lobby. As I come out of the elevator I see Sung Joon sitting in one of the lounge chairs. He gets up and runs over to me engulfing me in a hug. I drop my overnight bag with the impact. 

“Did you sleep well?” he says, breathing into my neck. 

I tap my hand on his back. “C-can’t b-breath.” I say. He quickly lets go as I gasp for air. 

“Sorry!” 

I wave my hand at him. “It’s okay. It’s okay” I take a deep breath as he goes to pick my bag. “How are you Oppa?” I ask him. 

He stops and stares at me. “Did you just call me Oppa?”

I look at him confused. “Didn’t you ask me to yesterday?”

“I did. I just didn’t think you’d be so comfortable with it already.” he says. Slightly blushing. He puts my bag on top of his small suitcase.“In answer to your question, I’m great.” 

He takes my hand and leads me out of the building hailing a taxi as we get outside. We get into the taxi and head to the train station, still holding hands. I don’t know how long it took for us to get there or how we end up on the train and half way to Paris because my mind is on one thing. My hand, being held by one of my favourite actors. He didn’t let go, even once since he grabbed it in the hotel earlier. My heart is racing and I’m almost 100% sure that my hands must be all sweaty and gross. I don’t know what we talked about on the train ride, all I know is that we laughed so much I was in desperate need of a toilet by the time we reach Paris. 

We arrived at a hotel that looked way out of my budget. Still holding hands, I tug on Sung Joon’s arm. He stops and turns to look at me. 

“What’s the matter?” he says.

“Umm... I don’t think -” I start off. I look him in the eyes and he looks at me questioningly. “I don’t think I can afford to stay here.” I say quickly, looking down at my feet.

I didn’t expect him to laugh at me. I look up at him confused. He stops laughing and ruffles my hair with his free hand. He leans down to my ear. “I never told you to pay.” he whispers, sending a tingling sensation down my spine. He tightens his grip on my hand and pulls me into the lobby. He leaves me with the bags as he goes up to the counter to check in. My hand feels empty after being held for so long. Sung Joon comes back and picks up the bags. “Let’s go.” he says and walks towards the elevator. 

Neither of us say anything. I want to ask him what room I’m in but I assume he will just lead me there. My mind is too occupied with my full bladder. We reach our floor and I follow Sung Joon out of the elevator. He makes his way through the halls and then stops at a door. He takes out the keycard and swipes it before opening the door and going in. The room is stunning. A big double bed sits in the middle of the room and off to the side is a small lounge area. Sung Joon places the bags by the bed and goes to take off his jacket. My eyes widen at the action. 

“What are you doing?” I say.

“I’m getting comfortable. It was a long way here, I need to freshen up.” He says, now rolling up his sleeves so I can see the tendons and the muscles move in his forearm. I snap myself back to the situation at hand. 

“Isn’t this my room?” I say, looking around. “Give me the key to the other room then? I’ll go over there.”

“There is no other room.” he says, casually. I freeze. 

“What?” I’m stunned at the fact I have to spend a night in the same hotel as Sung Joon. This isn’t right. I assumed he would get us separate rooms. I’m not mentally prepared for this. 

“I only got one room. I figured because you said you can’t afford to stay here you were money-conscious. So instead of spending more for two rooms, I got us one.”

“What were you thinking?” I yell. Surprised at myself for getting so worked up. Am I allowed to get angry at a celebrity like this? Sung Joon is taken aback by my sudden increase in volume. “How can we stay in the same room? We just met yesterday and well... I’m nobody! You’re Sung Joon. If anyone finds out about this, it could be bad for your career!” 

Sung Joon’s expression softens. I can’t help but melt at his expression. “I’m glad that you’re worried for my career. But you really don’t have to. No one will find out about this. No one recognises me here.” 

“Someone might! I did!”

“Yeah, but you’re different. It’ll be fine. Trust me.”

We stare at each other. I can see the sincerity in his eyes so I let out a breath and relax. I don’t think there’s anyway I could win an argument with him. 

“Fine,” I tell him. “But I bags the bathroom first.” I quickly run into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

 

A/N: Okay I said I was only going to post 2 chapters up first but then I realised exactly how much more of the story I have so I decided I'll put a bit more up before stopping. 

Comments are appreciated :)