Chapter 18

Closing the Distance

I get ready for bed and head to the living room where Sung Joon is sitting on the couch, flicking through the channels. I sit beside him.

“Do you have any schedules tomorrow?” I ask him and he shakes his head.

“Do you?” 

“No.” 

We sit in an awkward silence, both staring at the TV.

“Jae-ya.” 

“Hmm?” A cushion lands in my lap, followed by Sung Joon’s head as he lays down. 

“That’s better.” he says. I fiddle with his hair as we watch TV.

“Are you sure you don’t want to give us another chance?” he asks, eyes still on the TV.

“I don’t know. Should I?” he turns to lay on his back and looks up at me. His hand reaches out to behind my head and he pulls me down to kiss me. 

He pulls away and I sit up straight again, cheeks blushing. Sung Joon sits up and takes my hand in his. 

“I’ve missed you, Jae.” I stand up, pulling him up with me. I lead the way to his room and pull him into bed. 

“I’m sleeping here tonight.” I say, snuggling into his chest. He holds me closer and rests his chin on the top of my head. 

“Can you sleep here every night?” I giggle, wrapping my arms tighter around him.

“I love you.” he says, and I pull away slightly to look up at him. He leans down and kisses my forehead. 

“Thank you for today.” He nods at me and I lean up to place a light kiss on his lips. 

I place my hands on his shoulders and kiss him again, stronger this time. He puts his hands on my hips as the kiss gets more intense. I push his shoulder back so that he’s lying flat on his back, swinging my leg over to straddle him. 

We keep kissing and I run my hands up and under his shirt. He pulls it off swiftly, and we keep kissing. His hands run across my back, under my shirt and I can feel the warmth of his fingertips. 

I grab the hem of my shirt and pull it up, taking it off. I go to keep kissing Sung Joon when he puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me back.

“Are you sure?” he whispers, both of us breathing hard. I don’t say anything but instead keep kissing him. He pushes me back again. “Jae..” 

I take his hands off my shoulders and intertwine our fingers so that he can’t stop me from leaning in and kissing him again. I move my kisses from his mouth down his jawline and onto his neck. 

He lets out a groan and flips me sideways so that I’m pinned beneath him. He has my hands beside me pushed against the bed. I close my eyes as he leans down and places soft kisses along my neck. 

 

I wake up the next morning in Sung Joon’s bed. I roll over and find the bed empty. I get up and slip one of his shirts on and walk out of the room. I find him in the kitchen, making breakfast with hair slightly wet. I quietly make my way behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his back. I feel him jump slightly and I can hear his heart rate accelerate. 

“Geez. A little warning would have been nice.” he says, patting my hands that are on the front of his body. 

“Good morning, Oppa.” I say, smiling. 

“Good morning, sweety.” he says. I hear him turn off the stove and I let go of him, stepping back so that he can plate up breakfast. I lean on the counter behind me and watch him do his thing. He turns around holding a plate in each hand. He leans in towards me, placing the plates on the counter behind me. He brings his hands back to grip the edge of the counter I’m leaning on. He looks me up and down before leaning down to peck me on my lips. 

“Do you have any idea how y you look in my shirt?” he says with his face mere inches away from me. 

“Your shirts are comfortable. I might wear them more often.” I say, winking. He leans down to kiss me again but I turn my head so that he kisses my cheek. “I’m starving. Can we eat?” 

Sung Joon chuckles and pulls me by my hands off the counter before escorting me to my seat on the other side of the counter. I take my seat and he sits down beside me. 

“I hope it’s okay.” he says as I pick up my fork. I can see him watching me as I take my first bite. As soon as the food touches my tongue I scrunch up my face. “What is it? Does it taste bad?” 

I turn to him, face still scrunched up. He looks so scared. I smile and start to chew properly, swinging my legs. Sung Joon sighs and pinches my cheek. 

“You cheeky little monkey.” he says. After swallowing that bite I poke my tongue out at him. 

“This is good, Oppa.” I say. We both continue eating and making small talk. 

“What do you want to do today?” he asks me as we’re finishing up. I shrug. 

“I don’t know. I’m quite happy to just stay in and watch movies all day.” I say. 

“That sounds perfect.” he says, picking up our plates and placing them in the sink. “Wait. I’ll only agree to that if cuddling is involved.” 

I laugh as I stand up. I turn around and leave the kitchen.

“Is that a yes?” I hear him yell. 

I have a shower and put on a pair of shorts, stealing one of Sung Joon’s shirts from his drawer and wearing it on top. I walk out to the living room and see him crouched down at the TV cabinet, rifling through his DVD’s. I clear my throat and he looks up. I see his eyes travel from my toes up to my face. 

“I hope you don’t mind, but like I said, your shirts are more comfortable.” I say. He blinks a couple of times before shaking his head. 

“It’s fine. What do you want to watch?” he asks. I go over and crouch down beside him. I look at his collection and then smile up at him. 

“Harry Potter marathon?” I ask. He stares at me for a few seconds before breaking out into a smile. 

“Where have you been all my life?” he says. I stand up and plop myself down on the couch. Sung Joon puts Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone on and then settles down beside me. He puts his arm along the back of the couch and I snuggle into his chest. We make it through the first movie without saying much and Sung Joon hops up to put in the second one. He presses play and instead of coming back to the couch he heads to the kitchen. 

“Where are you going?” I pout. 

“Popcorn.” he says, smiling. He returns a few minutes later with a bowl of delicious buttery popcorn and he puts in my lap. 

“Best boyfriend ever.” I say, taking a handful and popping one at a time in my mouth. I lean back and get comfortable when I realise the screen isn’t moving. The movie has been paused. I look at Sung Joon, confused. 

“Hey! Earth to Sung Joon. Why’d you pause it?” I ask, waving my hand in his face. He grabs my wrist to stop me. He stares at me for a long time and I start to feel uncomfortable under his gaze. “Oppa?” 

“You called me your b-boyfriend.” he says. I tilt my head, confused as to why he’s stating that. I nod. 

“And?” I ask, expecting there to be more to it. 

“You called me your boyfriend, Jae. Boyfriend.” I nod again. Wait. Maybe he doesn’t feel comfortable with that title. Maybe I was just jumping to conclusions when I said it. When the realisation hits I start to blush. Damn it. Why did I have to go and jump the gun? I have to fix this.

“Oh, sorry Oppa. I just thought... But you know what? It’s okay. Let’s just say it was a slip of the tongue. An old habit. I’ll try to remember not to call you that again.” I say quickly, fiddling with my fingers. I hand him the popcorn and stand up. “Uh, drinks?” 

I go to walk in to the kitchen when I’m forcefully pulled back to the couch. Sung Joon has a tight grip on my shoulders and he’s got me pushed back into the back of the couch. He’s staring at me with a fire in his eyes. Is he that angry with me? 

“Oppa, you’re hurting me.” I say, trying to struggle out of the vice grip he has on me. 

“Do you mean it?” he asks. I think about what he’s asking and I nod. 

“Yeah. I won’t call you my boyfriend.” I say, looking up at him. I feel tears pricking my eyes and it’s not because of the conversation we’re having but he really has a tight grip on my shoulders. I suspect there will be finger shaped bruises on there tonight. 

“Not that.” he says, sighing. “When you called me your boyfriend, did you mean it?” 

“Did I mean you’re my boyfriend?” I ask, making sure I’ve got the answer right this time. He nods. “I’d like you to be, Oppa.” 

He looks into my eyes as if trying to see if I’m lying or not. 

“But, if you don’t want to be you don’t-” I’m cut off by Sung Joon crashing his lips onto mine. I didn’t think it was possible but his grip on my shoulders tightens. I lift my hands and try to push him away. After a bit of struggling he finally pulls away. 

“Thank you, Jae.” he says, out of breath. 

“Oppa, you’re hurting me.” he looks at me confused and I look down at his hands that are on my shoulders. He gasps and let’s go and I finally relax. I rub the parts he was just holding gently, feeling the bruises already forming. 

“, baby. I’m so sorry. I was just so surprised. I didn’t think that you’d accept me so easily.” He takes my hands away from my shoulders and lifts the sleeve of my shirt, examining the damage. “. It’s bruising.”

“It’s okay.” I say. He leans down and places soft kisses on each bruise. He does the same thing to the other side. 

“I’m sorry baby girl.” he says, kissing me on the lips. 

“It’s fine. Maybe I shouldn’t have sprung it on you.” I say, giggling. 

“You mean it though, right? I’m not dreaming all of this.” he asks. I laugh as I wrap my hands around his neck. 

“So, did you think I slept with you last night just because I felt like it?” I ask, placing a soft kiss on his lips. His hands go down to my waist as he looks down at me. 

“I-I wasn’t sure...” he says. I kiss him again, longer this time. “I missed you so much, Jae.” 

“I missed you too. More than you know.” I say. I pull away, letting my hands travel to either side of his face. “Can we press play now?” 

Sung Joon chuckles before handing me the popcorn and grabbing the remote and pressing play. 

 

A/N: Yayyy! Harry Potter marathon! Haha

This is the first time I've ever posted a chapter without having the next one written up. :/ But I should have the next chapter up next week hopefully. I'm going to get started on it tonight so let's hope I get hit with inspiration and bust out 3 chapters in one go. Hahaha unlikely but still, a girl can dream can't she? 

Thanks for reading!

xoxo