The Secret

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

I still could not believe what I am staring at right now. It’s a demon. And it’s not just any ordinary demon. It’s a crimson red eyed demon. A sporadic kind of demon.

 

What on earth is a crimson red eyed demon doing inside the prince’s bedroom?!

 

I closed my eyes and shook my head from left to right for about 3 times, hoping that the instant I open my eyes again, the demon will be gone, that this is nothing but a dream.

 

So I opened my eyes.

 

And the demon is still standing there.

 

Goddammit. I’m not dreaming.

 

 

“But how did this demon even get in here? There’s no open space for it to even enter!” I asked the prince’s follower who seemed really troubled as I am.

 

“I have no idea. But the prince…”

 

 

The prince! Did he get eaten by this demon?

 

 

Before I could continue pondering with my thoughts, the gigantic panther growled, positioning itself as a form of sending us a signal that it is going to attack us any second now.

 

“Sungjong-sshi, please get down!” I suddenly heard the prince’s follower say so as I watch him draw out his sword. I didn’t even grasp the situation that the panther has already leaped up high, about to pounce on the both of us.

 

 

I have already decided that I don’t want anything to do with demons. But…!

 

 

I wasn’t thinking, I realized. I abruptly found myself standing in front of the prince’s follower, with my arms spread out, shielding him from the vicious panther that is approaching us quickly.

 

“Stop this please!” I yelled at the demon with all my might. From behind me, I can hear the follower calling my name as I felt the demon successfully tackled me.

 

 

 

 

Am I dead? I asked myself inside my head. I almost convinced myself that I am and then I began feeling something wet moving up and down on my cheek. I abruptly opened my eyes, and there I found myself sitting on the floor and came face to face with the gigantic panther with its eyes closed and its paws laying comfortably on my stomach. I remained motionless as I watch it my cheek non-stop.

 

“So it really is true that you can tame demons. I believe this is the special ability being passed down among the family members of the Lee household, yes?” The prince’s follower asked me as he puts his sword back to its scabbard.

 

I felt the panther drawing itself away from my face, but it doesn’t feel like it has the intention to get off of me yet. I sighed.

 

“Yes it is.” I replied as the feeling of guilt surfaced. “But… I’m sorry that my ability could not save the stupid prince.”

 

“Hmmmm... but aside from being able to calm that fella down, your ability seemed to have also stopped it from being violent.” He said to me, completely unaffected by what I just said.

 

Why is that so?

 

“Ahh yes… Wait. Did you just call this demon, fella?”

 

“…Well sorry about that stupid prince.”

 

That v

Please log in to read the full chapter