The Beginning

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Demons.

 

They are creatures who came into existence out of the blue, hurting innocent people and invading kingdoms.

 

Fortunately, there is a minor group of people who were born with the ability to tame these demons.

 

These people are called “witches”.

 

At times, a witch can successfully make a demon obey.

 

But other times, a witch fails…

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

“Aish seriously! Why is this stupid castle so stupidly big anyways?” I muttered under my breath as I annoyingly stomped my way out of the throne room.

 

“I can’t believe that I was summoned to this castle in a hurry just to be restrained to a stupid marriage proposal!! What on earth is that stupid prince thinking?!” I continued complaining to myself as I kept a very annoyed expression on my face.

 

Maids keep on staring and throwing questionable looks at me as I pass by. Some of them even whispering to each other.

 

The hell I care even when these maids gossip about me! At least I’m still lucky enough that that stupid prince didn’t confine me in his throne room! I angrily said inside my head as I continued walking aimlessly inside the castle. Not forgetting to stomp my feet loudly of course.

 

And heck I can still remember the prince’s stupid smirk on his stupid face and those stupid words that came out of his mouth a while ago inside the throne room!

 

 

 

“Difference in social standing? Same gender? Witch, you? Do you think I’m the kind of person who cares about such petty matters?”

 

 

 

He seriously doesn’t think! Petty matters he says. How can our social standings be a petty matter?! And moreover, we’re both guys for god’s sake! How dare he to say that he wants me to become his wife!

 

I shook my head in frustration.

 

"But then again, maybe I need to speak about it with the prince one more time…” Before I could take my steps further back to the throne room, a man who is an inch smaller than me blocked my way.

 

I instantly glared at him. Who does this guy think he is blocking my way? I don't even know him!

 

“Whoa whoa, Sungjongie! No need to kill me with your glare!” The man before me said, flashing me the biggest smile he can offer. I continued glaring at him, questionably this time.

 

The man heaved a sigh as he took a breather in and closed his eyes. The moment he opened his eyes again, I gasped as I perfectly recognized those eyes, those carmine colored eyes.

 

“W-Woohyun-hyung!” I jumped out of joy and hugged him by his waist. In return, Woohyun-hyung wrapped an arm around my back and roughly ruffled my hair.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked, pushing him away now so he won’t get to entirely destroy my beautiful hair any longer. “And since when have you acquired a human form?”

 

“I heard from Dongwoo so I flew here in haste. In my demon form that is. I drank the human transformation potion Dongwoo brewed for me the moment I managed to get inside this castle.” Woohyun-hyung told me as he fished out something from his pocket and showed me the potion bottle that he used.

 

 

You see, Woohyun-hyung is a demon. I call him hyung because he’s a demon, and demons are thousand years older than me and everyone else. At first, he gets all annoyed because he feels older whenever I call him hyung. But he got used to it anyway.

 

He’s from the House of Nam and a first rank demon. Witches like me can easily tell a demon's rank by the color of its eyes. And Woohyun-hyung's original demon form is a well… his demon form is a crow. But mind you! For someone who has a weak-looking demon form, he was appointed as the right-hand of a higher ranked demon.

 

How’d I met him? Well, three years ago, Dongwoo-hyung, a secret witch from the Jang household who specializes in potion-making, caught Woohyun-hyung in a demon trap he set on his roof.

 

 

I laughed at the memo

Please log in to read the full chapter