The Runaway

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

“Alright! I’m all set.” I picked up all of my luggage and head out of my house. I closed the door behind me and locked it before I hanged the ‘For Sale’ sign.

 

Yes, I am convincing myself to leave this stupid kingdom. I have to leave as soon as possible or else that stupid prince will come pick me up and force me again to marry him.

 

I guess I was too engrossed with my thoughts of annoyance towards the prince that I did not hear the familiar flapping of wings and voice calling me.

 

“Sungjongie!! If you’re really going to run away, you can date me!!” I heard Woohyun say from above me. Seriously, this demon is so hard-headed and too full of confidence!

 

“Woohyun-hyung, I’ve already told you that I don’t want to! Why are you still going on about that?!” I used to tell him before that he should just date one of his kind but he always tell me that female demons are so hard to find and they’re very unattractive so he’d rather ask me out instead. And then he’ll be all clingy to me and it’s very annoying, so I don’t tell him that anymore.

 

“Don’t worry! I’ll just watch over you from the shadows! ♥”

 

“I don’t need you stalking me!” Or else you’re going to get it.

 

“Kyaaaa!! Someone! Please help save my child!” I heard a lady screaming out of nowhere. The word 'help' caught me so I turned around and saw a demon escaping with the said child. It was carrying the child through its massive demon teeth that were biting onto the child’s blanket like it was just a grocery shopping bag.

 

Oh no! I should go and save that child! ...But…

 

“Don’t do it, Sungjong. You better get going now.” Woohyun said in a low voice behind me. Looks like he knows what I'm thinking.

 

I was contemplating about it really when I suddenly heard one of the villagers muttering something to his neighbour. 

 

 

“There’s no way that child will still be saved.”

 

“I agree. The mother should just give up her child up to that demon.”

 

 

!! No…

 

 

“I thought you don’t want getting involved with the demons?” Woohyun now hissed at me, obviously his patience is running low because I remained motionless on my current spot.

 

I gulped. “That’s true… At times similar to this, intervening carelessly was what cause the witches to relocate all over again. Things from the past, I don’t want to experience them again.” I told Woohyun, not facing him as I watch the mother grieve over her child whom she’ll lose completely soon.

 

“I no longer have any obligations to be done in this kingdom. And I have enough interfering from others!”

 

I dropped my luggage and ran in front of the demon to prevent it from escaping entirely. I spread my arms wide out and started doing what I’m only best at.

 

“This residence is not your territory anymore, am I right? So please leave that child and just return to your nest.” I spoke to the demon, hoping my words will be able to calm it down and comply with my request. It just stared at me so I tried begging more. “Please…”

 

Fortunately, the demon has listened and it slowly put the child down on the ground and left.

 

“Ah… Thank you…” I sighed in relief and was about to leave in peace as well but then the villagers started gossiping loudly about me.

 

 

“Yah… Did you witness what happened just now?”

 

“That boy… He just tamed a demon!”

 

“It’s a witch!! A witch!”

 

 

I looked down out of shame and disappointment.

 

Just as I expected, people are not satisfied. It was finally peaceful and all…

 

My tears threatened to fall down so I clenched my fists. It's my way to prevent it from happening.

 

 

“Ha ha ha ha! Did you all see that? That demon looked absolutely terrified wasn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter