The Trap

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

“Eh? To Camio district?” I asked prince Myungsoo as I let him pull me by the hand, leading me to wherever we are to head to right now.

 

 

“That’s right. I told you beforehand that there was an important gathering that I must attend to.” The prince replied to me in a very serious tone, not even turning his head to look at me while he continued to drag me.

 

 

“Eh… B-but…” Then for some unknown reason, I then happened to have the urge to sneak a peek to our entwined hands.

 

 

Holding hands…

 

Knotted fingers…

 

…Makes me recall what happened yesterday…

 

 

With a heated face, I looked back up at the prince who still doesn’t seem to have the intention to look back at me. “Why do I have to go…” However, my question for him was left incomplete upon passing by a couple of whispering maids.

 

“Look… It was said that Lord Myungsoo was made to be present at today’s meeting.” I heard one maid said to her company.

 

“How unusual… Even though important meetings were always attended on his behalf…”

 

 

My eyes widened upon hearing those words.

 

 

…Oh, so that’s why.

 

Prince Myungsoo who always transforms to a demon at night,

 

had always been concerned that he would run amok, so he never attended.

 

 

If he is able to take this step forward…

 

Doesn’t that mean he’s able to depend on me?

 

 

Staring at the prince for a few minutes, I’ve noticed that he has been wearing a firm expression all along. What I’ve been thinking to do will be very unlikely of me, but I at least wanted to have the courage and give it a try. Even just for today. And for the prince.

 

I squeezed his hand that was holding mine gently, and just as I expected, he was surprised at the action that we suddenly stopped walking for a while. When he finally gazed down on me, I smiled at him in the sweetest way as possible and said, “Let’s go!”

 

Prince Myungsoo stared weirdly at me for a moment.

 

Before his gaze soften and smiled back at me.

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

I have been flying around for quite some time now, following the carriage that contains Sungjong and that stupid ugly prince. Yeah, that's right. Ugly. He’s ugly because I said so.

 

 

“Darn it. That stupid guy is in the way. I need to get closer to Sungjong.” I muttered to myself as I continued stalking err... I mean following their carriage.

 

 

“Oh? Hmm?” In the midst of my stalking err following goddamnit, there I saw behind the bushes that the carriage just passed by, 2 demons standing. And they seem to be noiselessly conversing with each other.

 

 

Demons eh? But what are they doing in this kind of place anyway? How suspicious…

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

“So… uhm… What’s with this outfit?” I asked out loud, sounding as annoyed as possible, as I examined the frilly and girly maid outfit that they made me wear, in disbelief. Not only that. They also made me wear a freaking maid headdress and a freaking wig!

 

 

“You need to go around in this outfit for today.” The prince replied to me with a straight face. Now it’s his turn to receive my 'I cannot believe this/you' look. He was unbothered by it though as he went on, “No matter what people ask you, just tell them you are the castle’s maid.”

 

 

“EH?!?!?!?!?! But I’m a guy!!!!” I screamed at him at the top of my lungs. I cannot believe what this stupid prince is implying and telling me right now! Is he trying to humiliate me and himself or something?

 

In the midst of throwing tantrums, from behind me, the sound of a frivolous laughter rang in my ears. I abruptly turned to look at the culprit and there I came face to face with none other than the prince Myungsoo’s royal family adviser, Sungyeol.

 

 

“Hahahaha, poor Sungjong-sshi.” He said to me. By the sound of it, it seems like he’s just going to insult me all day, right here, right now. I glared at him as I watch him checking me out from my toe to my head. “Well, you look good in that maid outfit.” He told me as soon as he locked eyes with me. I was surprised though when he suddenly went closer to me and talked in a very low voice, “But you know, it’s really just to boost his self-esteem.”

 

I did not, however, expect his face to turn serious all of a sudden. And the words that will soon roll off his tongue.

 

 

“As one would expect, Sungjong-sshi cannot be introduced.” My eyes widened at that statement. I don’t know what kind of expression I have on my face right now. But it must be something that clearly asks, “What do you mean?” as Sungyeol smirked smugly at me and continued, “After all, this place is where representatives of neighbouring countries gather.”

 

 

Ahh…

 

…so that’s it?

 

If he takes a witch for a spouse…

 

…more so I, who is a guy just like him,

 

Please log in to read the full chapter