The Kiss

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

I have been flying around inside the castle for about an hour already. I’m not exactly looking for someone or something, nor have anywhere to go. I just want to fly around and think about how I’ll get that prince to leave Sungjong alone.

 

“Damn. I already had my chance to get rid of those hindrances. Sigh. If only I can get that prince to...” A maid servant in view stopped me from my tracks. Well, it will be worrisome if she’ll suddenly see a demon flying around the castle so I hid in an open spot on the ceiling.

 

“Prince Myungsoo.” The maid called before she knocked thrice on the door. “Your medication is ready.” She continued as she pulled a cart behind her, containing a glass of water and the prince’s medication.

 

Hmmmmmmmmmm…

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

So, here I am, standing in my room with the castle’s head butler, Sunggyu. He’s here right now because of the order prince Myungsoo gave him last night.

 

So here I am, currently dressed in my ceremony suit for tomorrow.

 

“Well, looks like this will do.” Sunggyu said emotionlessly. Or rather, uninterestedly. I don’t know if he’s really usually this grumpy or he just isn’t fond of me.

 

I set my thoughts aside as I head in front of the mirror and stare at myself. My eyes widened at my very own reflection. Heck I’m not even sure if it’s really me!

 

I am wearing an all-white suit, white polo shirt inside, with matching plain white necktie. Sunggyu made me wear black leather shoes though. He said it will not be good if I was dressed completely in white. I don’t know why that is so because he didn’t say anymore. My straight and long brown hair was brushed neatly and my bangs were brushed up on the right side of my face, not covering my right eye at all.

 

I felt my cheeks heat up.

 

What should I do…? The arrangements for tomorrow’s ceremony and suits have all moved along smoothly.

 

“In the end, it’s still impossible for me to get married to that despicable prince.” I worriedly said inside my head.

 

"Seriously, this kind of marriage contract was never heard of previously.” Sunggyu suddenly started speaking from beside me. As I looked over at him, I saw him shake his head as he places a hand on his waist. Looking back at me, he continued, “But you know, you might make a good match with that wild prince Myungsoo.”

 

I was stunned by what he just said. Me?? A good match with the prince?!?!

 

I was about to disagree with him, when a familiar voice calling me echoed inside my bedroom.

 

“SUNGJONGIE!!! I have good news for you!! I have safely delivered the poison!!” Woohyun carelessly came up to me as he told me his so-called good news. Carelessly because Sunggyu is standing just a few centimeters beside me so I heard him gasped a “Demon?!”

 

“Yah Nam Woohyun-hyung! What do you think you’re doing?! And what do you mean by you safely delivered the poison?!”

 

“Have you forgotten the poison, Sungjongie?? With that, that guy is done for. Isn’t that great news?!” What on earth is this demon talking about…

 

“Done for…? Hey. Wasn’t that supposed to be ineffective towards humans?” I slowly glared at him as I think about what he just told me nights ago. “The way you said it makes it sound like prince Myungsoo is going to lose his life…”

 

My eyes widened at the sudden realization.

 

“Nam Woohyun…” And all I got in response was the sound of his whistling. He’s clearly not telling me something so I grabbed him and squeezed him kind of tightly twice.

 

“Okay, okay! I’ll tell you!” Contented with his reply, I loosen my grip around him before he started explaining to me.

 

“Listen to me cautiously, to inherit such a strong gift such as the demon’s blood is just a publicity stunt, you understand? I do not fancy a human whose body is feeble to the extent that it can’t live on its own.

 

“In other words, that prince, is barely surviving thanks to that demon’s blood.”

 

After he had said that last part, I let go of Woohyun and ran quickly as I could to prince Myungsoo’s bedroom.

 

 

Prince Myungsoo could lose his life? He’s really stupid acting all domineeringly! What exactly is he thinking?!

 

 

Nearing the prince's bedroom, a loud growl was heard. I approached as soon as possible and opened the door. “Your highness…?!”

 

“Sungjong-sshi!” It was Hoya-hyung. He was standing in his soldier attack position near the door. Apparently, I was too late already as I glanced over at the middle of the room.

 

The prince is in his demon panther form again. And it looks a lot wilder compared to the last time I saw it.

 

"I'm sorry, Sungjong-sshi. As usual, the prince is…” I didn’t hear anymore of Hoya’s words as the panther’s loud growl rang in my ears.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter