The Fiancée

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong's POV

 

 

Prince Myungsoo…

 

 

Oh no...

 

 

Did he know that I was down here listening to their conversation the whole time…?

 

 

Or he just found out or sensed it right after he fell down here…?

 

 

 

 

“Your highness!” Oh no that sounds like princess Suzy’s voice. I guess I have to ponder about that matter later. Right now, I have to make the princess leave or she might see the prince in his demon form and freak out and tell all the other countries.

 

 

She was searching in circles before spotting me and stomping her way towards me. “Yah, you! You did not see prince Myungsoo come down here?” She asked in a tone that instantly demands nothing but a helpful information.

 

 

 

“S-sorry. I… Uhh… Don’t know what you are talking about.” I dumbly replied to her, making her get irritated at the situation more.

 

 

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?! We were just casually talking up there,” She said as she pointed up at the terrace. “…And then he suddenly jumped down here! There’s no way you couldn’t have seen him!” She frustratingly raised her voice at me and all I could in reply was to stare and to zip my mouth shut.

 

 

I mean, I don’t want to be mean and say rude and irrational things to a princess now, right?

 

 

 

“Ah…!” I snapped out of it when I felt that I was pushed aside all of a sudden and realized  that princess Suzy is hastily making her way into the direction prince Myungsoo has just ran off to.

 

 

 

“Remember that this conversation isn’t over so move aside!” Not wanting her to take any more steps and moving on further, I grabbed her quickly by her arm and she instantly turned to me in disbelief and annoyance, as if telepathically reminding me of who I am discourteously touching right now.

 

 

 

“My lady, wait. That way is…” Damn. Think Sungjong, think! You can't let her see prince Myungsoo in his current state, wandering around in his demon form!

 

 

 

“That way is what? Ugh! Stop wasting my time already and getting in my way, you witch!” She was trying hard to tear her arm off of my grasp so I tightened my grip more and all she could do now is to glare at me. I glared right back at her and it seemed to have taken her aback. I wasn't really planning on glaring at her but she called me a commoner and she won't listen to me, so I have no choice. I took a deep breath,

 

 

 

“I am… not someone princess Suzy should have been afraid of. You have all of the beautiful things that I don’t. Yes, I am also being called a witch even though I tried living and being only a plain village boy, a commoner.” I then slowly let go of my tight grip on her and she quickly snatched her arm before she soothingly rubbed the part of her arm that I had just gripped tightly.

 

 

 

“But prince Myungsoo said that he needed me! That is why I am not losing to you!” I told her with all of my will and determination. Princess Suzy’s blazing eyes widened at my declaration.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry but that is the best way I can support him because,” I stared right at her surprised eyes, holding my head up high and making her feel all perturbed.

 

 

 

“Because I am Myungsoo’s fiancée.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am not sure what happened then after my encounter with princess Suzy. I also don't even know what has gotten to me and what I had been doing and saying to her last night.

 

 

But the following day, it was said that princess Suzy left to return back to her home country earlier than she has originally planned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

 

 

“Your highness!” I heard a familiar annoying voice booming all over the castle this early in the morning. Appearing right behind me, I heard Mr. Annoying catching his breath rather loudly before speaking yet again. “I intended to set aside the marriage talk until you have spoken with Sungjong-ssi. That is if we could still have friendly diplomatic relations.”

 

 

 

I put a hand on my forehead and shook my head, clearly showing that I am just really tired and irritated with this annoying and persistent person called Sungyeol. “Ugh. You are really getting annoying already.” I told him bluntly.

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter