The Lullaby

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

My demon form is about to take over me again.

 

I really don’t want Sungjong to stay and witness this repulsive transformation I go through every single night. So I tried to scare him away by acting cruelly and treating him rather harshly, something completely different from how I usually treat him.

 

In normal occasions, I would want to and just run my fingers through his smooth silky hair. It’s always been a temptation. But tonight, I didn’t do such a thing.

 

Somehow, my hand managed to make its way to his hair, just wanting to feel it. But I cannot forget the reality happening right now. So, I grabbed a fistful of his hair in my hand. It was just as silky and just as smooth as how I see it. But in order to save him, I needed to be cruel so I gripped his hair in a forceful manner.

 

I did succeed on scaring him, his brown eyes that have always captivated me told me everything. However, my attempt on trying to make him ran away was futile. It looks like his own body is failing him.

 

The last resort was to push him far away from me. So I did just that and locked the cellar door in haste while I still have my human consciousness. I don’t want him to get hurt by me.

 

He already despises demons.

 

And he also doesn’t seem to hold any liking for me too.

 

So I cannot let the demon me to hurt him. He’ll surely hate me to the deepest core of his being when that happens.

 

I don’t want that. I don’t want him to hate me.

 

 

“Your highness…!” I heard him call me.

 

 

He really just won’t leave me alone…

 

I tried to make him leave by telling him things like I can defend and help myself. But of course, he just had to approach me through the cellar, and kneeled in front of me.

 

“…Ahhh. I really don’t want to get involved with demons.” He looked annoyed and mad as he said that. I was about to talk back at him when I saw him bow his head down. But then I realized that he has more to tell me. So I kept my mouth shut.

 

“Thanks to the demons and this accursed ability, my entire household, my family were maltreated. My irrational behaviour from earlier, the desire to turn my back, and being shunned… They all relentlessly happen.” I listened attentively and watched as one of his hands gripped one of the cellar railings tightly. “Even though I said that I am not a witch, then why can’t these things just leave me alone?!”

 

Ahh… Is he finally opening up to me…?

 

“In short, my dislike towards the demons is merely resentment for their benevolence.” He slowly raised his head to look at me. I was taken aback.

 

He’s crying…

 

“The truly frightening ones have always been the humans… But even so, the prince Myungsoo I’m looking at right now…” Even though tears were pooling in his eyes, he still somehow found a way to smile at me. A very heartfelt smile that he has directed to me alone, for the first time. “…is not frightening.”

 

That smile. I’ll forever treasure it in my memory.

And in my heart.

 

I let my hands reach out for him through the cellar railings and then I softly grabbed his face with my both hands. He stared at me, completely bewildered. I smiled at him.

 

“…I have begun to settle down now, just by listening to your voice.” I told him honestly. He somehow calmed down with my assurance, as the heart-warming smile from minutes ago re his lovely face.

 

I really can’t help it. So I started caressing his face in slow motion. He closed his eyes, seeming to be savouring this moment.

 

“Would you sing me a song?” As expected, my request has once again taken him by surprise. His eyes shot up open as he heard me. I chuckled.

 

He’s so cute!

 

I really couldn’t help myself so I squeezed his cheeks. “What I mean is I want you to lull me to sleep, Sungjong-ah. Just this once, will you?”

 

 

When I was little, I escaped from the castle and roamed all over the village by myself. Luckily, none among the villagers recognized me.

 

Passing by a certain house has stopped me from my village adventure. I really don’t have the intention to stop my journey, but the singing voice coming from this house has kept me prisoned on my spot.

 

I kept listening to that person’s voice with closed eyes. It soothed the other being inside me just as much as it soothed the me on the outside. I was so immersed with the song and voice up until I realized that the person has finished singing.

 

I remained standing there, waiting for that person with the harmonious voice to come out.

 

Alas!

 

From the garden, out came a beautiful kid around my age who was carrying a basket of flowers. At first I thought she was a girl. Well, she has a shoulder-length reddish brown hair. And her eyes are kinda big plus the long lashes that are visible to my vision right from my spot.

 

I was about to approach this girl to ask for her name, when suddenly another boy who looked like a dinosaur and seemed to be years older than me, ran tow

Please log in to read the full chapter