The Bat Demon

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

The kingdom of Woollim.

 

This is…

 

A world where demons run rampant.

 

 

I am currently inside my shared bedroom with the prince Myungsoo. Just casually sitting on my bed while brushing my hair, like the usual. When all of a sudden, the door leading to the balcony flew open and a huge black panther has appeared. It was walking quite slow and careful, like how a predator preys on its prey, and its eyes are set on me as I hear it growl not so loudly.

 

 

As fast as the balcony door flew open, the panther dashed its way towards me and leaped up on the air, obviously going to tackle me.

 

 

Too shock to even react or use my witch powers on it, I just closed my eyes and let it jump onto my body and fall on my bed.

 

 

 

“Hehe, just kidding.” I heard a human voice finally spoke and when I opened my eyes, there lying on top of me was prince Myungsoo. A prince Myungsoo to be precise.

 

 

 

“Were you surprised, Sungjong-ah?” He asked me with a smile, his stupid eye smile showing, before reaching out to touch my hair and then brushing his fingers through the strands.

 

 

Are you kidding me?

 

Who wouldn't be?

 

 

 

“Prince Myungsoo…” I called out to him softly and he hummed in reply, still busy running his fingers through my hair. Funny how infatuated he is with my hair. He once told me that my hair was the shiniest hair he has ever seen, that even from afar he can still see it shining. He also said that my hair is the softest one he has ever touched. Well it's not like he touches everybody's hair. Honestly, my hair is the only hair he has ever touched. Only human hair that is. He loves touching furry animals too cause hey furry. But he prefers my hair over them anyway. He even told me that if he can’t marry me because I don't want to or because Sungyeol-ssi will prevent it, then he’ll ask to marry my hair instead. Such a stupid prince, right?

 

 

 

Anyways, back to the supposed topic. “So you got quite used to your demon form already…” I then started watching him in amusement.

 

 

 

“Well, it’s thanks to you, Sungjong-ah.” He said. His eyes moved away from my hair and went slowly to stare at my own eyes. “When I hear your voice, I start to reflect on myself.” I don’t know if he has done it on purpose or unconsciously, but he just moved an inch closer to me. I didn’t bother scolding him about it because he looked like he still has more to say.

 

 

And well, I kind of liked it.

 

KIND OF.

 

 

 

“Even if I turn into a demon, my conscience is clear as if fog has dispersed.” Right in front of me, or rather right on top of me is prince Myungsoo. Even though he looks improper right now, considering he is completely bare from head to toe at the moment, he is this kingdom’s next king. In his veins, run a demon blood which was caused by a contract done by the royal family with a demon from a long time ago. And because of that, on a moonlit night, he transforms into a demon and goes berserk.

 

 

 

For that reason, I, a plain village boy, who happens to be a 'witch' who has the voice that can make any demon obey, has been invited to this castle (by the prince himself) as a potential choice to be prince Myungsoo’s wife.

 

 

 

“First, please put on your clothes quickly!” So I sat up and quickly grabbed his robe that was unknowingly lying on my bed and helped him put it on. “I went to observe the roof.” He explained to me as he inserts his hand onto the first sleeve. “But I didn’t see that big demon that you were talking about, Sungjong-ah.”

 

 

 

I continued helping him with his robe and hummed. “Oh, really? Hmm maybe I have seen it wrong.” I reminisced on that other day when I spotted a rather unusual creature watching and snooping around the castle. I was worried and scared at the same time that I told prince Myungsoo about it.

 

 

 

“It was staring and snooping around here though…” I mumbled as prince Myungsoo put his hand onto the other sleeve of his robe.

 

 

 

And what if it’s a demon that perceived the prince’s secret…?

 

 

I was snapped back into reality though when I felt that I was lying back down on my bed again and a body is slowly pressing onto me. I shrieked.

 

 

 

“Y-yah! What are you doing?! And how long are you planning to lie down on me huh?” I asked a little annoyed with a little mixture of being terrified because of our current dangerous position. Who knows what he might try doing to me on the same bed on this very night? Plus one of his hands is already holding my waist and the other is lying on top of the bed space beside me to keep his balance. Not to mention that we are still not even married!

 

 

 

“Huh? Is there a problem?” He asked me as if this is the most natural thing being done between us. I placed a hand on his chest and started pushing him away. “Yah! You promised that even if we are sharing the same bedroom, we wouldn’t get close to each other’s beds or more so to each other!” But he still didn’t budge even one bit. Instead, he leaned in to my face swiftly and smoothly before smirking.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter