The Hurt

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

I know that…

 

Your number one point has no room for argument…

 

 

I am currently inside my personal bathing room, soaking my bare body in the pool of warm water filled with bubbles, pondering about what princess Suzy told me that day.

 

 

 

“Between a powerful princess and a plain village boy… I wonder which is better suited for the prince Myungsoo?”

 

 

 

I can’t help but feel really awful and humiliated.

 

And angry.

 

At whom though?

 

I don’t know.

 

But one thing is for sure.

 

Princess Suzy was undoubtedly right.

 

 

~~

 

 

There is a huge and important royal gathering again that prince Myungsoo must attend.

 

And as usual, I was forced to wear that girly maid outfit that Sungyeol-shii gave to me from last time in order to keep my identity hidden. So here I am, I was walking around, offering the guests some drinks when prince Myungsoo then emerged inside the hall and all heads automatically turned at him.

 

 

Including mine.

 

 

Men looked at him with awe in their eyes, yet with a hint of jealousy. Whereas women stared at him lovingly at flirtatiously, whispering among themselves as their eyes remain locked on prince Myungsoo.

 

 

I sighed and continued handing more drinks to the guests before taking another look at the prince. Funny thing I am witnessing now though, it is not the other royal people anymore who tries to approach him and greet him and strike a short conversation, but he himself has now started to approach the other royalties himself. Whoever he comes to pass, he would bow to them, would shake their hands, and even have not short, but long conversations with them.

 

 

 

I realized that he has finally came out of his box recently.

 

 

 

I watch him walk around more in the room gracefully, greeting more royalties like him. Prince Myungsoo was wearing a black suit, with a white garment inside, and a scarf-like necktie tied loosely around his neck. His brownish black hair was brushed up making him more handsome than how he usually looks.

 

I guess I have been too caught up in my own deep thoughts that I have not yet realized that I have been staring at him. And also did not realize that he has come to approach me, and now he is standing right in front of me.

 

I blinked my eyes, trying to make sure that I was not hallucinating.

 

And unfortunately, I am not.

 

I raised my head up a bit to find that he has been staring at me with those gentle eyes of his, as if asking me if I was okay or if something is bothering me. I closed my eyes and shook my head in response anyway.

 

 

 

"Your highness."  I heard a female voice call up from behind him, making the both of us turn at the person. She was another of the royal guests, someone who I have not met before. Or maybe I did, just that I can't remember or can't tell since she's wearing very thick make-up, and wearing a dress with a very revealing front. Maybe prince Myungsoo too, judging from the way he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here? Has that maid over there offended you, your highness?" She asked him in a very unnatural and annoying tone of voice. I tried not to glare or do any kinds of reactions at her words. That maid huh.

 

 

I bowed to them and started to make my way out of here, but then prince Myungsoo moved a bit to block my way and faced the rude royal guest.

 

 

 

"I was just going to ask a drink from her, madam." He told her with a smile as he stretched his hand towards me, signalling me to give him one of the drinks from the tray I am holding. I sighed, still keeping myself from doing any kinds of reactions like rolling my eyes and handed him the drink that he wanted from me.

 

 

 

So he just approached me just so he can ask for a drink, not to check on me.

 

I guess I still do not know the prince and his language of eyes that well.

 

And I guess I never will be able to.

 

 

 

I tried to make my way out of here yet again but prince Myungsoo really knows how to annoy me at the same time, as he once again blocked my way and prevented me from doing so. I glared with all my might at his back that was luckily blocking me from the rude guest's view.

 

 

 

"So... You have finally gotten your drink, your highness. How about we go over there and have a little chit-chat hmm?" I heard her speak unnaturally again, and followed the direction as to where her finger is pointing which is the terrace.

 

 

I rolled my eyes. She's going to definitely hit on him and make him promise her things.

 

 

 

"Ahh the terrace. But why talk there when we can talk here?" Prince Myungsoo replied to her in a mocking tone before taking a sip from the drink he took from me.

 

 

 

"So we can talk in peace." She tilted her head a bit to glance at me, judging me from head to toe.  "And alone."

 

 

 

"Are we not talking already in peace though? And why should we be alone?"

 

 

"This is a royal conversation and I think it's best for the maid to not hear us as we speak, that is why." She replied to him, obviously starting to get annoyed as the prince just won't obey her and come with her easily. Anyways, I had enough of her maid callings of me. So I stepped a bit and managed to slip away from behind the

Please log in to read the full chapter