The Contract

My Secret is your Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

 

“Sungjong is gone?! What happened while you were here, Woohyun?” I asked, my anger obviously directed to none other than the high-ranked weak-looking demon. I slammed my hand hard on the table when I didn’t immediately receive a response from him.

 

 

“Shut up!” The demon crow yelled at me as he tried to get out from Hoya’s grasp. “You and the castle people need some serious educating! Chasing a handsome guy like me around with a rope! I have no interest in being pushed around by that old dude!”

 

 

“His name is Sunggyu-sshi. And I was the one who entrusted him with that duty.” I heard Hoya told him in response and their bickering continued.

 

 

“Tch.” I grit my teeth out of annoyance and frustration. Sungjong disappearing is too much of a problem already, I don’t have time to listen to this silly and useless arguments.

 

 

“Easily kidnapping people from inside the castle, is this the work of the demons?”

 

 

I mumbled to myself but Woohyun still somehow heard me and shot me a questioning look, before provoking me quickly with his usual smug face.

 

 

“Well, if you have suspicions about me, then why don’t you bring me along?”

 

 

I was not exactly pointing fingers at the moment, but this demon somehow made me reconsider it. He was looking hard at me right in my eyes so I did the same thing back at him.

 

 

He smirked at me. His usual smug expression still lingering on his small face. “The one who sent Sungjong away because things got troublesome, was you, stupid prince.”

 

 

 

…Tsk.

 

 

 

“Ahh… But you are not able to leave the castle at this time now, can’t you?” Woohyun continued on, obviously mocking me as he stood coolly atop of Hoya’s shoulder, with his one wing resting on the side of his bird head and the other wrapped at the back of Hoya’s head.

 

 

“And your highness, it’s getting pretty late now too so you shouldn’t be-“

 

 

“Ahh.. Not at all…” I cut him off, his smug expression instantly leaving his normally smug face and looked at me like I was some species from another planet. His eyes showing obvious signs of mixed surprise and confusion and disbelief.

 

 

“What- What are you talking about?”

 

 

“What I’m trying to say is…” I walked from behind my desk and began making my way towards the door. Once I got hold of the knob, I stopped and turned my head to the side a little.

 

 

“It’s actually extremely convenient.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

“Wait! Yah!” I began screaming at my kidnappers, pretty annoyed that I have been captured by a couple of funny and weak looking demons.

 

 

One is a demon who has a donkey form for a form, with long demon ears, has sharp teeth with big spaces separating one tooth from another, long neck like that of an ostrich, thin and long legs with pretty sharp and pointy toenails. The other demon seemed more like a goblin. It’s small, the size of a baby. It also has pointy ears and really thin arms and legs. And a mocking face expression.

 

 

“Yah, demon! Where are you taking me?!?! And do you know that I might fall any minute now, you idiot!” I continued screaming at them but avoided wriggling my tied-up body as I am currently situated on top of this pacing donkey demon.

 

 

“Ah! Things get violent, danger increasing!” The goblin demon finally spoke, with a grin plastered on his face as he holds onto me for his dear life.

 

 

 

What on earth…? Did they not hear me…?

 

 

 

“Treat him with courteousness, Daeryong. He’s the one we search for so long.” I hear the donkey demon reply to this goblin whose name is Daeryong.

 

 

“Oh Soryong, soon we be able to rule entire demon world.” Daeryong said with a smirk and then began laughing and was immediately joined in by Soryong. Soon their laughter completely filled the entire forest air.

 

 

 

Aish these guys-!

 

 

 

Soryong kept going faster and faster, my fear of dropping hard onto the ground gradually increasing.

 

 

Just then-

 

 

 

Oh no!

 

The necklace!

 

 

 

The necklace prince Myungsoo has given me has slipped off from inside my pocket and fell soundlessly onto the grass. I looked on to that certain spot where the necklace fell in horror, as it slowly vanishes from my sight because of Soryong’s demonic speed.

 

 

 

…N- Prince Myungsoo gave that-!

 

 

 

“Oy, Soryong, stop!” I turned in surprised to Daeryong as he leaped off of Soryong as soon as he halted his running. He walked back to the direction we just came from for a while and came back obviously with something in his hand.

 

 

Daeryong then stretched out his very thin arm towards me, spreads his palm out and there I saw the necklace resting atop his very small palm.

 

 

“For you. Is it something precious? Then wear around neck. Aish.”

 

 

 

He just retrieved the necklace for me…

 

 

 

“We not bad guy. That’s what I say.” Daeryong walks towards me with his now two stretched arms, the necklace held now in both of his small hands. I smiled at him, getting the message, and slowly bent my body, in a bowing stance, a little for him so he can finally put the necklace around my neck.

 

 

“T-thank you…” I know he can’t hear me but I hope he was able to read my lips, so he will know how thankful I am to him for giving me back something precious.

 

 

 

Even though I understand,

 

That I do not mean a lot to Prince Myungsoo…

 

 

 

“Sungjong-ah!”

 

 

 

Eh…?

 

Wait…

 

That voice…

 

It sounds familiar.

 

 

“Sungjong!” The voice called out to me once again, this time sounding closer. I slowly turned my head to where the voice came from. My eyes widening in surprise, for standing right there, in the flesh, panting and out of breath, is prince Myungsoo.

 

 

“Found you…”

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter