She

Why Did I Fall In Love With You [HIATUS]

Happy Reading^^

Beta by AnVocNighMa

 

 

“Um-Umma,” Jaejoong said with his shocked expression plastered on his face.

 

He felt like every muscle in his body couldn’t function properly anymore. Every part of his body froze and his brain was also not on its right mind.

 

Flashback after flashback came like a recorded tape which did not help him think straight at all. Every memory made his heart bleed. Every memory, an old chapter, was unveiling one by one.

 

The harsh word that he created which he thought he will never use since he won’t meet her again lose like that. The only thing that kept

him standing on his own two feet was his anger towards that woman.

 

The woman was tearing up and tried to hug him, but she was stopped by Jaejoong himself. He slapped the woman’s hand a little roughly, making the woman stumble back a little.

 

“What you doing here?” Just that question came out from his mouth rather low, showing how hard he was trying to compose himself.

 

“How long has it been, Jaejoong-ah? I really miss you. I tried to find Changmin and you everywhere. You grew so much. I wonder about Changmin Umma wan-”

 

Jaejoong cut her words off.

 

“Don’t call yourself Umma!” Jaejoong said after he got his self-esteem back.

 

There were few people looking at them and whispering to each other but Jaejoong could care less about them. Moreover, it was not like there were that many people there, since they were in the toilet corridor which was separated from the main hall.

 

“You’re really shameless to call yourself Umma, huh? You tried to find us just to sell us to the mafia, right? To pay back all your debts. Your sons are nothing but lowly trash that you can pick up once you think they are useful to cover up your leaking hole!”

 

Jaejoong’s face was now red with all his pent up anger. He really wanted to kill the woman in front of him right now, but he can’t.

He was his hands so tight that his knuckles turned white.

 

“I’m not that innocent kid from the past who will always follow your orders like a dog,” Jaejoong spat hatefully. He really hated his mom’s guts.

 

“Ja…Jaejoong-ah.” The woman was sobbing hard after she heard her son’s hateful words. “At least let m-me h-hug you. Umma missed you.”

 

“Huh? Hug? Are you on your right mind to tell me what you want, Ahjumma?!” Jaejoong pushed the woman hard on the floor when the woman once again tried to hug him.

 

He does not even care if he hurts that woman because nobody knows how much she had hurt him. She had destroyed his childhood which was really important to him. He blamed all his bad childhood memory to his mom.

 

The woman cried hard on the floor. Not even caring about her pride as a successful businesswoman in the business world. Not even caring if she was in the headlines tomorrow, “The richest businesswoman was seen on her knees”. No, she already suffered so much after her sons walked out, actually ran away from her, the monster.

 

Her husband who was standing a few feet away from her before, who also witnessed the reunion of mother and son, came and held her.

 

“It’s alright Taehee-ah~ I’m right here,” her husband tried to cox her. He hugged his wife tightly knowing that she can only calm down with his warm body besides her.

 

Upon seeing the scene in front of his eye, Jaejoong became angrier.

 

“What a lovely couple,” Jaejoong said sarcastically and chuckled.

 

“Ahjumma, you really make a good actress. I really pity this old man. Ahjusshi, you know maybe you are more than the 100th man she had slept with. She just needs your money. What a ing gold digger!”

 

*SLAP*

 

“Don’t talk like that about your mom and my wife!”

 

The man who just slapped Jaejoong couldn’t content his anger anymore, and pushed Jaejoong until his back bumped against the wall a little roughly, causing Jaejoong to slide down on his because his back was hurting.

 

“Your wife? Hah!” Jaejoong chuckled again. He looked at his mother.

 

“Omma did you ever care about Appa?” he asked his voice softer than before, hoping his mom will say she cared and everything was a nightmare but he knows he is living in reality. Nothing can go as they hoped it will.

 

“Haha… Of course not! If you cared, my childhood would had been happy. I don’t care about the past. I have Yunho and Changmin now. I don’t need you! Get out from my life!”

 

Jaejoong did not even give his mother a chance to explain. He laughed like a mad person. He laughed but tears flowed from his eyes. That showed how hurt he was.

 

“This ungrateful kid!” The man who was hugging Jaejoong’s mother before, grabbed Jaejoong’s collar and was ready to punch the young man, but stopped once his wife hugged her son from her husband’s sudden outburst.

 

She then broke the man’s grip  from her son’s collar and pulled her son away from the angry man.

 

“Stop Ji Hoon-ah!” she shouted. “Don’t do that to my son! He is just an innocent kid!” She hugged Jaejoong closer to her body, but she didn’t know that her son was trembling in her hug out of fear.

 

“Taehee ah~ Lets go home. It is not a good time. Please think about your health, hmm,” her husband tried to coo her again.

 

“I already told you if we talk to him it will turn out like this. It will hurt everyone even more. We will talk about this later. We already found them. You don’t need to worry about them that much because

 

they are under the right man’s hold. We can always visit them. Jung Yunho is one of our business partners so we can always meet them, hmm. Since Jaejoong is already married, we will take care of Changmin after this together. You can take care of Changmin after this. Now lets go, hmm,” he said pulling his wife away from the trembling young man and kissed his wife’s crown.

 

Mrs. Kim looked at her husband and nodded her head.

 

Her husband then helped her to stand on her feet and went out from the restaurant but of course not before she gave Jaejoong a kiss on his forehead and whispered that she will meet them again.

 

Jung Jihoon, Kim Taehee’s husband, did not forget to remind the witnesses of the scene to not say a single thing to anyone if they still wanted to live, especially not to the media. Everyone agreed since they already knew what Jung Jihoon, the CEO popular entertainment company Jh’s Corp, was capable of doing.

 

Jaejoong was left alone there. He stared at nothing. He tried to get up but he had no strength on his legs and dropped down back on his .

 

He thought back to what he just heard from the couple.

 

“They will take Changmin,” he told himself.

 

His head hurt. It really hurt until he had to grab his head. He needed someone to hold him.

 

“Yah! What took you so long? Why are you staying like that!” Yunho shouted, when he saw Jaejoong hugging his knees with one hand while, he used his other hand to grab his head, and ran to him.

 

“Y-Yunnie…I-I’m scared,” Jaejoong said and ran to Yunho just to bury his face on Yunho’s chest.

 

“What’s wrong, boo? Are you hurt anywhere?” Yunho asked, checking Jaejoong’s body if there was any visible wound. “Where…”

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong’s face from his chest to check too. And what greeted him was something that build up his anger.

 

“Who did this to you!” Yunho asked looking at Jaejoong’s red cheek.

 

“Sh-she’s back,” Jaejoong whispered.

 

“Who’s she? Is ‘she’ the one who did this to you?”

 

Jaejoong went back into Yunho’s comfortable chest and shook his head to show that he didn’t want to talk about that.

 

“Jaejoong-ah tell me. I will break her head, whoever she is.” Yunho said, hugging Jaejoong close to his chest.

“U-Umma”

 

“Umma?” Yunho asked. “Wait. Do you mean, your mom?”

 

Jaejoong nodded his head.

 

“She-”

“Don’t wanna,” Jaejoong whined since he knew what Yunho will say. “I just want to go home. Please take me home.” Yunho just sighed.

 

“We’ll go home tomorrow, but tonight we will go back to the hotel and rest there. Is it alright?” Yunho asked and Jaejoong just nodded his head to show that he agreed to whatever Yunho’s decision is, since he just wanted to get away from this place.

 

“But you know, right? That you can’t run away before you tell me whatever just happened.”

 

“Whatever. Just take me home,” Jaejoong whined on Yunho’s chest.

 

///////////////^_^/////////////////

 

[HOTEL]

 

 

Jaejoong just got out from shower room. He was drying his hair with yellowish towel. He was already wearing his cloth before he came out from the shower room. His big black oversized cloth which covered his white tight short that made him look like he was not wearing anything underneath, making him look very y.

 

His eyes were still red, showing that he had cried in the shower room. When they arrived at the hotel, Jaejoong said he needs his privacy and Yunho gave him that even though he really wanted to be with Jaejoong at a time like this.

 

Sometimes it is hard to make Jaejoong talk about his problem to people, and Yunho is also included in that area. He never told anyone, actually. He rather solve all his problem by his own. Yunho really hates that because he will have to use force if it was too much. But this time Yunho will try to be as cool as he can.

 

Jaejoong got to think about many things and what made the tears come out from his doe-eyes was, fear. Fear of his mother’s cunning mind. She may look beautiful. Her eyes always mask her evilness. She can make anybody bow down to her with her little drop of tear. Believe her. But nobody knew the truth. He knows his mother. She was the devil with an angel's mask and Jaejoong feared that he started to believe that she can change but nobody knows the truth.

 

[FLASHBACK]

“Om-omma, you took Mrs. Oh money from her restaurant again, right?” came the plaintively voice from a little fourteen year old boy.

 

The woman who was sprawled on the sofa in front of the television, hissed annoyingly before she sat up to face her only son behind her lazily, with her beautiful doll-like eyes.

 

Jaejoong who was still standing in front of their front door with his school uniform shivered a little from his mother’s gaze. It was already midnight and he just came back from his late work.

 

“Why do you ask, little kid? You really are a boring kid. Why do you always blame me when there is a theft here, huh?”

 

She walked to the shivering kid who was just looked down at the floor when his mother glared at him. She looked really pissed off with her red eye, a little drunk.

 

She then pulled Jaejoong’s school uniform’s collar and pushed him hard onto the wall which got a little moan from the younger, but was shut by Mrs. Kim’s palm.

 

“Shss… Jaejoong-ah.”

 

She clicked his tongue a couple of time.

 

“I can never lie to you, right? You can always read me, so listen! If someone knew that I’m the thief, you know what will happened to you, right?” She then put her hand in Jaejoong’s pocket.

 

“Whmm,” the little Jaejoong who already cried from his mother’s scary eyes. Even before he could say anything, his mouth was being cupped by his mother’s hand.

 

After struggling to break out from his mother, she releases him after only finding 50000 won.

 

She tsked before she went to the refrigerator on the corner of the small house. She took her last bottle of beer and gulped it down in one go.

 

The small rooftop house doesn’t have any room, just the square room that looks like a sport equipment store, which looks really poor.

 

One old television, one small refrigerator, two pillow for each is the only thing he can be proud of and the other things you can count with your fingers. The cheapest place a fourteen year old can afford. Yes! Jaejoong was the one renting this place.

 

Imagine a fourteen year old kid working at four places a day after school, just to get eat a bowl of rice everyday. Who wants to pay a little kid high price? Nobody. Nobody actually cared if they employed an under-aged kid to work with them as long as their businesses still developed.

 

How pitiful, but his own mother doesn’t really care how pitiful her son is, so how can others, right? That’s what the little Jaejoong thought.

 

The money Jaejoong got paid almost everything, he gave it to his mother. That women who gave birth to Jaejoong shamelessly used her son’s hard earned money to drink and go out with men rather than using the money for her family, her only son.

 

Old or young, she did not care, as long as she got paid she was willing to do anything including .

 

The reason why Jaejoong still went to school was because of Sungmin’s parent’s kindness to pay for his scholarship, even though their own business is not that good at that time. He believed with knowledge he can have a future.

 

Their old house had already been sold by his mother a year after Jaejoong’s father’s death. The house which was still booked with their happy family memories, was sold by his mother like that; like nothing is more important than the house, where the only place they can still feel the presence of his father.

Jaejoong knows his mother misses his father, but she tries to be strong by throwing away their only memories.

 

“W-why?” Jaejoong asked a little afraid.

 

“Why?” the woman then laughed, which sounded like a scream before she gulped down the remaining liquid down angrily.

 

“Do you think the money you give is enough?”

 

“U-umma, p-please stop all this. S-stop drinking. S-stop meeting people every night. I-it is not healthy.”

 

“Now, you want to be the mom huh?” Mrs. Kim threw her already empty bottle on the wall which. Fe seconds later, the shattered glass fell on the ground.

 

Her breath was uneven as she tried to not harm the boy. Jaejoong jumped from his mother’s outburst and tears flowed from his eyes like a river.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on their door which made Jaejoong jump once again.

 

Mrs. Kim gestured Jaejoong to come into the house with her head and silently asked him to pretend like nothing had happened.

 

There was a knock once again before Mrs. Kim opened the door not before she already made herself look presentable to greet the guest.

“Omo~ what made you come here, Mrs. Oh?”

 

Hearing that Mrs. Oh was coming to their house, Jaejoong shivered.

 

--

 

The sky was dark and it will be darker as the time showed 2.00 a.m. now. The neighborhood was in silence as it was far from the city,Gongju, and just the barking from the neighborhood dog could be heard scarcely audible making the night at least not that silent and lonely. Especially to the beautiful boy who was sitting alone in the playground, on one of the red swing.

 

He was chased away by his mother after she had beat him enough.

 

All thanks to the unknown man who came to meet his mother, that she finally stopped beating him. He cringed as he touched the cut under his eye. His little body, which didn’t look like a fourteen year-old boy and more like ten year-old kid, arched even if he tried to move.

 

He wanted to cry, but there were no more tears left. It always happened; being beaten. He was his mother’s punching bag. After her unknown boyfriend left, sometime she will not be satisfied with the treatment she received, and Jaejoong will be the victim. Jaejoong still held the medicine left by Mrs. Oh who just left a couple of minute ago after she asked Jaejoong for forgiveness.

 

Jaejoong did not blame Mrs. Oh that his mother hit him. He asked Mrs. Oh to not worry about it because she kept saying that it was her fault that she met Jaejoong’s mother and that was the reason Jaejoong got beaten up.

 

Jaejoong actually realizes that he is not alone in this world. At least there is still someone that cares about him; Oh family who always helps him until he feels ashamed to meet them sometimes.

 

“There will be an angel that will come and protect you even when you’re in danger, love you without being asked why, desire you even you’re in hardship, trust you when everybody blames you, and help you when you’re in need of help. Remember that my son. So don’t worry when you are left alone, hum~ Hahaa… You must not understand, right? My cutie pie, lovely, greatest son. Happy birthday my son. You’re already five years old, right? Aigoo~ big boy?”

 

Jaejoong can hear his father’s voice when he was celebrating his 5th birthday. Even though he was only five, he remembers every sentence. Right now it sounds really real.

 

“There really will be an angel, Appa?” Jaejoong asked himself.

 

 

[FLASHBACK END]

 

“Come sit here.”

 

Jaejoong was startled when Yunho called him out of nowhere, and he mumbled something about Jaejoong being so jumpy before taking a sit besides Yunho with a heavy sigh.

 

Yunho was watching a movie and eating junk food when he was waiting for Jaejoong to finish his shower, but his mind was nowhere as he kept thinking about Jaejoong meeting his mother.

 

“So, you want to talk?” Yunho asked and faced Jaejoong with both of his leg folded together and hugging the soft and small grey polka dot pillow. Yunho tried to hold himself together so he does not sound too excited.

 

Jaejoong just kept staring at nothing.

 

He then faces Yunho after taking a deep breath; now they were face to face.

 

Yunho stared into Jaejoong’s sad puffy eyes. His eyes were teary and his mouth was opening and then closing like a fish. He tried to tell Yunho something but the no words were coming out from his mouth.

 

Somehow staring at Jaejoong’s eyes was like déjà vu as he had felt the same thing when he first saw Jaejoong. Somehow looking at Jaejoong’s hurt face now made him hurt too.

 

“It must be hard on you, boo,” Yunho said in his head.

 

“It’s okay,” Yunho said patting Jaejoong’s head, not forgetting to give his best smile so that he will cheer Jaejoong up even if a little. “Take your time, hmm.. We can talk about this some other time.’

 

“Now should we go to bed or you still want to eat something?” Yunho asked. He then took Jaejoong’s pale hand and played with his fingers. Jaejoong kept staring at him with his sorry look but he was completely ignored by Yunho and his rambling on other things.

 

“But I prefer if you go to bed now. Look at your eyes...” Yunho touched Jaejoong’s eye bag.

 

“...Auw… even ghost will run away. Now go to bed, okay? I will come shortly after I make sure all this things will be thrown out before Mama Jae hits me next morning,” Yunho said pointing to the messy table.

 

Jaejoong chuckled a little from the new nickname he got from Yunho.

 

Yunho then dragged him into their shared bed and tucked him in the mattress not giving a second thought, kissed him on his forehead and went out again.

 

A few seconds later he heard a noise from the living room showing that Yunho was doing his work as he said.

 

Jaejoong couldn't sleep. He was not that sleepy; he was waiting for Yunho to come to their shared bedroom. It was already almost 45 minutes but the so called man still didn’t appear.

 

Jaejoong pulled the blanket off from his body so that he can go and look for Yunho.

 

He walked as quiet as he could. Who knows, maybe Yunho was sleeping. He shivers as it was suddenly cold and rubbed his hand together. He opened the bedroom door slowly, hoping it didn’t make any sound.

 

The light coming from the kitchen was the only light that was still on. And with the helping light from the kitchen he could see the already packed trash in the white plastic bag besides the table. He smiled to see the great Jung Yunho’s effort at cleaning.

 

But the man was not there.

Jaejoong looked at the source of light coming from kitchen and went there. Suddenly he heard a heavy sigh and he already knew the owner.

He walked slowly, not wanting to disturb anything that maybe Yunho was doing. But what greeted him was Yunho’s back sitting on the dining table with both of his palm covering his face. The broad shoulder looked really stiff. Somehow it made Jaejoong feel bad because he knows Yunho must be worried about him.

 

Another sigh can be heard.

 

Jaejoong walked slowly to the man and circled his hand on the man’s neck before burying his face on the black hair. He then tightened the back hug when he felt Yunho jump from the sudden contact.

 

“Boo~ what are you doing? I’m really shocked, you know,” Yunho said pulling the man into his laps.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho’s worried face then he buried his face on the man’s warm neck and breathed the manly scent.

 

Yunho rubbed Jaejoong’s back. “Why you didn’t sleep?” he asked.

 

“You didn’t sleep either.”

“Something must be worrying you that you can’t sleep, hum?” Yunho asked again, ignoring Jaejoong’s question.

 

“Something must be worrying you that you can’t sleep either.”

 

“Yah, don’t copy paste my words,” Yunho said and pulled Jaejoong’s head away from his neck when he felt Jaejoong biting his neck playfully.

 

“It hurt, you pabo,” Yunho said but got no reaction from Jaejoong. He always got to see the popular pouting mouth from Jaejoong when he called him pabo. Yunho knew why he didn’t pout this time.

 

“Yunho-ah, what will happen if they take Changmin away from me?” Jaejoong suddenly asked after their silence for a few minute.

 

From the sudden question, Yunho’s tongue was glued to his mouth.

 

Tears started to flow down from the other man’s eyes because Yunho can’t convince him that Changmin will be all right.

 

“Do you know I can’t leave without Minnie? Minnie is the reason why I tried my best all this time. What would I do if they take Minnie away from me Yunnie!” Jaejoong cried and coughed as tears kept coming out making it hard for him to breathe.

 

“Shss… relax, please. Nobody will take Changmin from you, okay?” Yunho said, rubbing Jaejoong’s back when he coughed again and pulled Jaejoong back into the hug.

 

“They will,” Jaejoong said breaking from the hug and grabbing Yunho’s face to face him. His breath becoming uneven when he thought the possibility of Changmin really being taken away from him.

 

“They will!” he suddenly shouted.

 

“Hey!” Yunho called him rather loudly. Yunho then grabbed Jaejoong’s face to look at his eye when Jaejoong eyes went everywhere.

 

“As long as I’m alive nobody will take either you or Changmin! I will always protect you! Always! So you don’t have to be like this because-”

 

Yunho suddenly stopped his sentence, he continued after taking a deep breath.

 

“Because I...I will always be by your s...side so you don’t have to be afraid,” Yunho said and the last part rather lowly.

 

Jaejoong suddenly stopped crying and even stopped making any noise, not even a sniff. He got up from Yunho’s lap and looked at him not believing with what he just heard.

 

“Jung Yunho,” Jaejoong called Yunho by his full name.

 

Yunho then just looked at his husband not understanding what was actually wrong. Did he say the wrong thing? Did Jaejoong hate him by saying that?

 

“Do you know who is standing in front of you right now! This person left you five years ago! Who didn’t even turn back when you begged him! Who ran away because he was afraid that his own mother will hurt him and his baby brother! Not even caring if his action will hurt his own lover, who was always with him for two years! He came back after five years again, without giving him the real reason why he left in the first place! Aren’t you afraid he will leave you again? And now you say you want to be by that person’s side?” Jaejoong was panting hard because he said in one breath.

 

Yunho, who felt like he was being splashed by buckets of ice water, got up from his chair expressionless and pulled Jaejoong into hug. Without Jaejoong knowing, tears started to flow from Yunho’s manly eyes.

 

“I shouldn't have appeared in front of you in the first place. I should have thought twice before taking Umma Jung’s offer. Sorry, I have to be stupid to not realize that Jung Yoomi can be your mother,” Jaejoong said and tried to break from Yunho’s tight hug but failed.

 

He stopped struggling when he heard Yunho sniffing and he felt his shoulder getting wet.

 

“Are you crying, Yunnie? Sorry ne, to love someone like me…”

 

Yunho then shook his head and muttered a small “No, don’t speak like you have never loved me before” and “I miss you” like a broken cinema on Jaejoong’s neck.

 

His tears seemed like it can’t be stopped as he already held it back for so long.

 

“I’m not even eligible to be by your side in the first place. What have I done to have you, Yunho. Now I hurt you the most,” Jaejoong said and rubbed Yunho’s back; trying to calm him down.

 

“Jae,” Yunho called him when he calmed down a little.

 

“Yunho, I’m really tired right now. There is so many things I have to think about. The shock from when I saw you at the altar is still here. I can’t believe we met again. And then on our honeymoon I was shocked that Changmin was sick and then I had to meet my mother here. It is too much for me. I’m really tired. Really… tired…”

 

Yunho then held Jaejoong a little tighter as Jaejoong already fell asleep into his hug. He then carried Jaejoong to their bed and tucked him under the blanket. He kissed Jaejoong’s forehead and wiped the remaining tears away from Jaejoong’s eyes.

 

Yunho then went into the bathroom and washed his face on the sink a couple of times before he stared at his own face on the mirror.

 

“I still love you Jaejoongie and I’m sure you feel the same. But I feel like you already made a high wall around you. You hid something from me; scared if that thing will hurt me. But you also know that in the end we will hurt together. To tell the truth I’m scared when you are like this,” Yunho said to no one. Actually it was more to Jaejoong but he doesn’t want Jaejoong to hear it out loud.

 

After washing his face again Yunho took a small towel and wiped his face before he walked out from the bathroom to the living room. Not before he made sure Jaejoong was fine sleeping on the mattress.

 

Yunho took his smart phone and tried to find the contact number that he needed. He stopped at the ID he was looking for and made a call. He waited for a few second before someone greeted him.

“I need you to find information about Mrs. Kim Taehee. Make sure nobody knows, got it? And please arrange my meeting with her,” Yunho said before ending the call.

 

________________________

Thanks for reading to my reader, subscriber and upvoter and big thank you for my beta.

Please do comments^^ Love..