5. New beginnings

A chance encounter

The world's most famous and popular language is music.

-Psy

 

                                    Hwa young

 

Heading out with Himchan wasn't such a bad idea after all, it made her forget that she had other problems to worry about. She soon relaxed realizing that she missed walking outside of Vancouver and going everywhere in the city, since there were so many things to see even for someone born and raised here.

 

"So nice to be outside, I forgot what it's like being this free" She stretched her arms out and breathed into the fresh air. Himchan smiled and looked around.

 

"Hmm it's a really nice city, I wish we had a concert here, I could definitely spend some time going aroun the city." Himchan yawned a bit and looked down at his phone seeing the time.

 

"where should we go? I think you mentioned a starbucks around here, but it looks like they have some nice cafes also"

 

"Ah yeah, there's a Starbucks up ahead if you want to grab a drink and we can walk more downtown where you can find more cafes, but usually they're sort of spread out and you got to have a keen eye or else you'll miss it" She replied.

 

They walked a few blocks up before seeing Starbucks and went in, she looked at the menu and decided to get a regular doubly chocolate mint and Himchan decided on a grande cafe latte. They sat outside and just nonchalantly drank, after a few minutes of solid silence Himchan spoke.

 

"Do you think you'll be able to look after the company since now you're the CEO?" Himchan asked, she stopped drinking and thought about it.

 

"I..I don't really know....honestly I'm unsure whether I can live up to my father's expectations as the new CEO when he managed the company. Heck, I'm not even sure if I can even manage a company" Instantly the many terrifying thoughts entered hwa young’s mind and were swimming with doubt instantly.

 

Could I really be able to manage the company? Or am I going to screw it up? She sighed and stretched her arms out. Indeed she felt like it was going to be a long time getting used to being a CEO, she thought that she would be a producer or help within in the company but she knew sooner or later he was going to talk to her about inheriting the company.

 

It terrifies her in so many ways of that she'll be making hard decisions, battling the media, ensuring the best for the artists and etc. The whole list goes on, but she guesses its a new beginning in her life, she might as well accept it willingly.

 

"You know if you think too hard you're going to develop wrinkles and eventually build up stress in your body" Himchan waved his hand infront of her. She blinked not realizing that she was thinking to myself.

 

"I get what you're saying, a big responsibility being a CEO, I don't think I'd be able to,  I think I'd just crack and pass along to someone else" he laughed. Probably why our CEO can deal with all of our behaviour when we joke too much.

 

For some reason it made Hwa young relaxed being around Himchan, even in a short while someone like him could brighten her day and completely ease her troubles.

 

"Don't you get fed up with the media sometimes?" She asked him as she waited a moment for his response.

 

"I guess...yeah I do get tired of the media, especially sometimes when you say something and they take it out of context. But I know that I have to try not to show it and try and just keep going on like I don't notice them. Its not easy but when I have the other members, I somehow feel much better since they're always with me by my side" He turned to her and spoke,

 

"How about you? It seems like you've been stressed with all the media lately, I guess since you're new to this and you've never really experienced it, so its perfectly understandable" He smiled with a fighting gesture.

 

She laughed "Thanks Himchan, I appreciate it...maybe I am inexperienced but I'll definitely try and learn from the business and from the sunbaes" She gave him a small smile with a thumbs up.

 

He smiled "That's the spirit anyways, how about you show me the other good places around here" She nodded and they both got up and started to walk to some of the closest stores but eventually had to take the bus.

 

Afterwards it was just  pure fun, they went to Stanley park and walked around enjoying the park,  then wandered around on the streets and just chatted about anything. He talked frequently about the other member's saying that they're probably lost since they're not there to tell them what to do. In all the sounded like a family, Himchan the mom, Yongguk the dad and the rest are their kids. I laughed to the thought of it. She definitely thinks the fandom has been planting some weird theory in her head.

 

Hwa young recommended Himchan to go to Fujiya;  a Japanese convenience store, they decided to buy sushi for dinner and get some snacks since they were there. She wandered around looking at all the pocky and realizing she couldn't get all of them, but she ended up getting the strawberry, chocolate and matcha pocky. Once that was done she payed for the sushi and snacks and went home, overall it was a good distraction for her.

 

while walking back Himchan brought up Yongguk. "I wish Yongguk was with us, he would've definitely loved the convenience store" said Himchan as he proceeded to open a box of pocky. She side eyed him and grabbed the pocky from his hands.

 

"Ya, you're going to spoil your appetite' She grabbed the pocky from him and immediately got a pout from him. She side eyed him.

 

He started to whine "Awwww come onnnnn Hwa youngggggg please?" He puffed out his cheeks and gave her the puppy dog eyes. She hated it when she get weak around people doing aegyo and those cute poses, Lilly did this too often.

 

"Aish, you can have it after we eat dinner" She felt like a parent telling their child to not eat sweets before having dinner. Before Himchan protested they had already arrived at the house.

 

She  opened the house and entered in, immediately I heard the soft patter of the piano being played.

 

Wonder who's playing, she went to the living room and saw Mr Yoo playing on the piano, he seemed so focused and immediately she didn't want to disturb him but she guessed he heard her and stopped playing and looked up to smile at Hwa young.

 

"Back already? I hope you enjoyed yourself" She nodded and himchan took the groceries away from her to prepare them for eating.

 

"Is Yongguk still sleeping? She looked around seeing any glimpse of him.

 

"Check at the back, I think he wanted to see the garden" She thanked Mr Yoo and went at the back to the garden. It was a simple but nice garden with all kinds of flowers planted and a replica of the gazebo with the stepping stones, since they lived on the edge close to the ocean they were able to put the gazebo a few feet out from the ocean.

 

She saw him on there looking out the ocean. Carefully she stepped on the stepping stones and walked a little to tap him on the shoulder.

 

He turned towards me "Umm, me and Himchan bought dinner so its time to eat"

 

'Ah okay, Thanks" she nodded and as she turned to go back she slipped on the edge and closed her eyes waiting for the splash, but felt a pair of arms securely around her, she  stumbled backwards. As she opened her eyes she turned to find Yongguk looking a bit embarrassed as she still held on to her still. Awkward.

 

He immediately let go "A-ah I-I"m sorry" Yongguk bowed. She stammered a bit before composing herself also.

 

"N-No its quite alright I wasn't paying attention to where I was going haha" We both stood for a good few seconds until Hwa young said; "I-I think we should go in and have dinner" she pointed back to the house.

 

"Oh yeah, sorry haha I guess we should go" this time she paid attention to where she was going but along the way she felt a tiny flutter from her heart while walking back.



 

I don't think I have any feelings for him...do I?

 

[A/N] OMG Guy's I'm sorry for leaving this story I was pretty much busy and I had difficulties try to see where I wanted the story to go. I'm sorry that it was sort of boring, I promise the next chapters will be a bit more excited ^^

Also want to say RIP to Ladie's code EunB she passed away today :( My deepest condolences to EunB's family members, friends, Ladie codes members and their manager who was also the driver and passed away. Pray for their recovery <3