12. Goodbye

A chance encounter

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back into loneliness.” - Maya Angelou

 

      Hwa Young

 

After getting the groceries, her and Yongguk came home and had Himchan along with her to cook for their last meal altogether.

 

her heart panged and she knew that they’ll leave for Korea and she’ll soon follow after, but still she’d be lonely. She greatly enjoyed the company of Himchan especially as they would talk often when they weren’t running around or doing their own things.

 

“You know if you keep daydreaming like that you’ll burn the food.” Hwa Young blinked and knew the voice was Himchan’s and realized that she was actually burning the food. Or nearly.

 

“Oh Shoot!” She grabbed the pan and rested it on the side of the stove and sighed in relief, she heard the sound of a cough and looked at Himchan.

 

“What? I didn’t burn it, I just was distracted for a moment. Luckily I didn’t burn down the whole place.” She gave off a slight laugh and still didn’t budge, she earned a scornful look from Himchan.

 

“I thought you were paying attention Hwa young.” Himchan shook his head and took the pan from Hwa young as he stirred the pan of nearly burnt fried kimchi rice they were making.

 

“S-Sorry,  I really had other things on my mind, I guess I shouldn’t be doing two things at the same time” You quickly glanced away and realized Himchan came closer to you until you and him were a feet away.

 

“Are you okay, really? I hope you didn’t do anything…” Himchan had a hint of worry and his forehead creased in worry as he looked at Hwa Young.

 

“Uh yeah, honestly, I’m fine really Himchan I just realized that...its your last day staying here and you’ll be leaving the next morning.” She gave a wry smile and tried to make Himchan feel a bit better. It didn't work.

 

He gave off a sigh and turned the dial of the stove down to avoid minimal burning, he then took a chair and told Hwa young to sit down. She knew what he was going to say, seeming it was a very Himchan thing to do in the time he spend together with him. Very.

All of a sudden he put his hand to her forehead and she felt herself blush a little while Himchan still as a stone closed his eyes and for a few minutes stood there then opened them.

 

“Well you’re not sick, since it seems like you have a normal temperatures but I do worry if you’ve suffered some sort of sickness perhaps.”

 

“W-wait I don’t think I’m sick at all, I think I’m pretty healthy for my age.” She pouted and noticed him holding back a small smile.

 

“Don’t kid Kim Himchan, were you joking just now?” And with that he let out a laugh and Hwa young grabbed a towel and hit him with it.

 

“Ow you know that hurts, my pride his hurt now.” Himchan gave a pout at her and she scowled a little seeming as how Himchan could have any pride in him.

 

“Are you sure? I think you didn’t have pride when you started out anyways.” She got up and continued to cook when she heard Himchan snort.

 

“As if, thanks Hwa young you know my pride is now buried deep in my heart and I think I need someone to kiss me just so that I can have it restored.”

 

“Well you can go find Lilly then I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t mind kissing you anyways.” She didn’t look up and continued to cook.

 

“Haha I was just kidding, come on Hwa young I know what’s bothering with you.” He leaned closer to her and continued on, “We can always keep in touch, its not like we’ll be apart from each other forever, silly girl.” He flicked her forehead.

 

She stammered “I-I know what you mean, its just I’ve never really seen my mother that happy in a while once you guys came, especially Mr Yoo. Its like Mr Yoo's a connection to my father to her. And I know she misses him dearly.” She looked down to the floor and felt tears in her eyes.

 

“Hey” he said softly, “don’t be like that Hwa young, come on if you keep doing that I’ll have to do something stupid just to make you smile.” He gave an encouraging smile and she laughed a little.

 

“Himchan, I think most of the time you end up doing is 90% stupidity, 10% honesty.” She laughed as Himchan shook his head.

“Well, now that’s the Hwa young I know, come on I think you can turn that off and we can start eating, I’ll go call the others.” And with that he got up and left Hwa young as she turned the stove off and sighed.

 

“Well, I sure am going to miss you the most Himchan.” She said quietly and started to set up the table.

 

Dinner went by a little quicker but with chatters of final recent news and plans, Hwa young still kept thinking about her plans and knew she’d get started as soon as she moved to Korea to run her father’s company. From time to time she glanced at Yongguk and gave him a smile and even asked him a few things of where to find a good place in Seoul, food and etc. The chatter slowly dissipated as they began to clean up and slept early so they can leave for their flight tomorrow morning.

 

Hwa young was getting ready for bed but saw something out of the corner of her eye, she saw Himchan and Yongguk outside of the back talking and wanted to know what was going on but she shook her head and decided to leave their privacy alone.

 

“I’m guessing Himchan and Yongguk aren’t sleeping yet are they?” She got startled at who that voice was but turned to find Mr Yoo and she sighed in relief.

 

“A-ah yes, I think they’re out in the garden, talking.” She said nonchalantly and bowed to him “Goodnight Mr Yoo, have a nice rest.” As she passed by him she felt his hand on her shoulder and looked at him and his eyes seemed to give off a melancholic look.

 

“You know I haven’t told you, but you look and act the same like your father, I didn’t notice it before but I think what I find from your mother is her eyes. You can read her from her eyes its what gave her away.” Mr Yoo smiled at her,

 

“Sorry if this may seem abrupt but I just wanted to let you know that. It may seem strange but people may ask you that question a lot.” She nodded a little confused but grateful.

 

“Thank you Mr Yoo, I guess maybe people will ask me that in the future.” Although she wasn’t certain she knew it was perhaps a gesture of future comings. Something she had to prepare as well.

 

“But I want to also thank you for giving my mother her smile back.” She stammered out as Mr Yoo looked taken aback but smiled as he patted  her shoulder.

 

“Ah yes, I also saw it too in her, I think she’s the only connection through him that she has left, but also you too Hwa young. I hope you continue to care for her as well she needs you just as she needed me.” She nodded and he gave a little wave and soon entered in his bedroom.

 

Hwa young went in her room, feeling comfort in her own bed finally and closed her eyes as she dreamed of something beautiful that night.


 

      Himchan

 

Can I speak to you alone, Yongguk?” Yongguk turned to him as they finished eating and nodded. They both slipped outside in the garden walking towards the gazebo.

 

He immediately pounced on the subject he wanted to avoid so desperatley “You know, I still don’t know why you don’t try to talk to her Yongguk, she's clearly showing that she wants to get to know you but you’re always avoiding her.” He felt his voice rise in anger and hear him sigh.

 

“I...I just can’t, I told you no matter how much she talks to me, I can’t come close to her. I’ll always be there watching her but I can’t ever forgive myself to go and try and talk with her.” He threw his hands up in protest and continued to walk a little faster.

 

Himchan jogged a little to catch up to his pace, he still was confused at why he couldn’t, there was something missing. A piece to the puzzling jigsaw puzzle he was trying to solve.

 

“Why are you hiding all this Yongguk.” Himchan stopped and tried to collect his thoughts, Yongguk turned around and saw a puzzled Himchan.

 

He sighed, “Look I know you don’t want to tell me but we’re friends Yongguk and I mean it hurts not having to know why you’re acting like this. It frustrates me, and I don’t want you being in some sort of danger or I can’t ever forgive myself.” He shook his head and sensed Yongguk feeling guilty for keeping this from him.

 

From the time he had a tumour in his finger and didn’t even tell the other members before it came out, Himchan was furious. He knew that he didn’t want to worry others but it was his job! He knew the same feeling when he broke his fingesr and had to miss the One Shot promotions and felt sad as many of the fans were worried for him and had kept it all to himself.

 

Of course he knew the exact feeling but didn’t he learn that he was always there for him no matter what, they were more than just friends they were like brothers. And it was something that was stick in him forever, when they first met it was almost like fate smile upon them.

 

“Yongguk please listen to what I have to say, you can choose to ignore me or even criticize me heck even yell at me, I don’t care.” He took a deep breath and came out with what he had to say.

 

“I just don’t want you getting hurt at all like you have in the past, I want to be able to support you and not stand around in the dark not knowing what to do.” He paused and continued seeing Yongguk listening to him intently, “I just want you to be able to honestly tell me what you feel and I’ll support you all the way, just...don’t hurt the people you love the most.”

 

With that he sighed and said good night as he left Yongguk to retain what he said, hoping it would get through to him.

 

He passed by the door to Hwa young and stopped and leaned against the wood breathing in and out slowly and softly.

 

“I wish I could honestly tell you how I feel but even then, would it even make a difference.” He sighed and eventually went to bed. Tired of a long day he knew that tomorrow would be a new one.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 The day of departure.

 

Goodbye to them, Himchan woke up with a nauseated feeling in his stomach but went away as he stood up and yawned.

 

Today’s the day to go back to Korea he thought as he brushed his teeth and put on new clothes, packed everything and opened the door.

 

He smelled the bacon and eggs wafting in the air and his stomach grumbled, he sighed best not to go on an empty stomach he thought as he carried his luggage down the stairs finding Mr Yoo and Yongguk’s were there already.

“Come on Himchan, its time to eat and no complaining!” He looked up and saw Hwa young standing there smiling with an apron on and spatula in her hand.

 

He smiled, “Well I guess someone’s early then aren’t they?” He dropped his luggage and walked to the kitchen where Hwa young’s mom, Mr Yoo and Yongguk were there eating.

 

After the cheerful breakfast they loaded all their luggage into the car and headed towards airport. It was mild chatter but Himchan noticed Hwa young silent and just staring outside her eyes having that far away look that reflected back to him.

 

He didn’t want to say anything seeming as he just wanted to enjoy just looking at her, not in a creepy way but just admiring her. He fell for her already its just he won’t admit it entirely nor directly.

 

Once they arrived at the airport they looked at the schedule and found that their flight to Seoul, Korea will be in an hour. He talked with Mr Yoo and would steal quick glances at Yongguk looking at Hwa young and pushed him accidently towards Hwa Young. Hoping it would get him to talk to her at least.

 

“Whoops my bad.” He said inside not really apologetic but trying to hide his smile as Yongguk and Hwa young both bowed to each other and started to talk to each other. Mission accomplished he thought and turned back to talk to Mr Yoo with a more brighter smile on his face.

 

“It looks like our flight is coming in a few minutes” Mr Yoo exclaimed as they pushed their trolley to the boarding section.

 

“Ah yes, it seems so. It looks like its here where we part.” Himchan smiled and saw Hwa young with a sad face.

 

“Come on, why the long face? hmm, its not like we’ll be going away forever besides you’ll be coming afterwards and we'll keep in touch.” He cheered up Hwa young and lightly punched her in the arm.

 

“When you come to korea I’ll tour you around and even spend some alone time with you.” He smiled as Hwa young laughed.

 

“Haha alright you got me Himchan, I’m sad but its not like I won’t see you in forever.” She then jumped up and hugged him.

 

Taken aback by the action he couldn’t help but hug her back, he could smell her scent, cherry blossoms and roses.

 

“Alright, it won’t be long Hwa young, I promise.” He smiled at her and gave a hug to her mother.

 

“I hope you’ll be healthy Mrs Eung.” He bowed and she shook her head,

 

“Call me eomma not Mrs Eung, I feel already old haha.” She laughed and Himchan nodded everyone gave hugs and soon it was time to go.

 

“Oh wait Himchan and Yongguk, before you go I wanted to give you this.” Hwa young took out two packages, one to himchan and the other to Yongguk.

 

“Don’t open them until you get back to korea.” She winked and hugged the both of them at the same time.

 

“Thank you guys, I hope we all see each other again.” She let go and went back to her mother as the final call for anyone boarding for Seoul, Korea was being announced again.

 

He waved back to Hwa young and her mother and as soon as they passed the checkline and boarded the plane. Ince he found a spot to sit Himchan took out the package and it read:

 

            

         To Himchan <3 Thank you for being there despite a short time


 

Himchan smiled and put it back in his pocket as the plane soon was ready to take off, he leaned back and closed his eyes.


 

He imagined a bird flying high through the sky more free than ever before.




I’ll wait for you. Always.

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N] Finally another chapter done ! ^^

Now its time to wait for another 3 weeks T^T luckily the next chapter is where things pick up ~~