11. One last time

A chance encounter

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed soothes the mind and gives it rest heals the heart and makes it whole flows from heaven to soul” -Anonymous

 

                                                                                                                                                Himchan

 

After spending a week more with Hwa young and her mother, Himchan grew attached to being around them and felt more relaxing than he ever has felt whenever they’d take hiatuses or vacation time.  

 

And more he knew he grew attached to Hwa young, her personality, her smile, everything about her made him more happier. Whether it be going out to fetch groceries or cook he was happy wherever as long as Hwa young was there.

 

He knew he shouldn’t have felt this way but how could he when someone like Hwa young enters in her life. She wasn’t like most girls, she was strong, independant, funny, kind and more.

 

Maybe it was him being in a state of what people called “puppy love” but regardless he was just happy being with her.


 

but deep down someone else needed it more than him. And it hurt.

 

This feeling he felt he knew that he didn’t wholeheartedly deserve.  But he still pushed it through because he thought that this was the best, instead of being held down by it. He’ll keep it silent, just for now.

 

“I think you definitely need something to keep you busy so that you don’t develop wrinkles as well”

 

He was so deep in thought that he didn’t notice Hwa young smiling at him and nearly fell out of balance as he was leaning on the side of a gate.

 

“who said I was getting wrinkles, I’ll have you know that I look very young for my age, the fans say so” he lifted his head in pride and heard Hwa young giggle.

 

“Yeah sure, sure Himchan just listen to the fans and you won’t be hurt” She stuck out her tongue and added “I’m going out shopping and since its your last day before leaving tomorrow I might as well cook something for all of you guys.”

 

Himchan stood up and lightly dusted off his pants “You really don’t have to Hwa young, I mean you did a lot by giving us a place and offering your hospitality, it should be us giving you and your mother a good meal.”

 

“Nonsense Himchan, honestly I don’t mind this its been a great help with you three being here.”

 

“Well since we both can’t decide who wants to make the meal then like you said I might as well accompany you and make a meal together.”

 

Hwa young laughed “Okay then Himchan, then lets go!”


 

He smiled at her enthusiasm and followed her this is probably the last time I get to hang out with you before I go.

 

Putting that thought at the back of his mind he didn’t want to be sad, he wanted to enjoy this moment. Upon thinking of it, he thought of getting someone else to tag along.

 

“Wait, should I ask Yongguk if he wants to come?”

 

Hwa young turned around “Oh yeah, yes ask him”

 

Himchan went inside the house to find Yongguk and found him sitting around the living room writing. Wait a minute Himchan stopped and realized what he was seeing.

 

Yongguk.was.writing.

 

He blinked a few times and decided to confirm by going around the couch and peer over his shoulder since it didn’t seem like he didn’t notice Himchan as he was very concentrated.

 

He peered over Yongguk’s shoulder and saw the writing, they were actually lyrics to a song, a recent one in fact.

 

“I didnt know you started composing again.”

 

Yongguk quickly turned around looking a bit startled and calmed a bit seeing it was only Himchan.

 

“You know sneaking on me like that I could have hit you in the face.”

 

“Pffft as you could” Himchan scoffed folding his arms and closed his eyes in self satisfaction.

 

But once he opened his eyes he talked with a more serious tone, “I thought for a while that you wouldn’t write again.”

 

Yongguk’s smile faded a bit as he looked down at the page full of writing “Well I guess I was inspired again.”

 

Himchan’s eyebrows raised a bit “by who may I ask?”

 

Yongguk shrugged a little, “Just a person that I recently met, she got be writing music again.”

 

“I’m pretty sure I know who you’re talking about Yongguk.”

 

“well I’m not saying names.”

 

“Okay then” Himchan looked off to the side “You know Hwa young’s going out for groceries and I thought that you could tag along with her to you know carry the groceries and stuff.”

 

Yongguk raised his eyebrow slightly, “Himchan, where are you going with this?”

 

“What do you mean where I’m going with this, I just want you guys to talk a little more, since I’ve spent so much time with her you should too.” Himchan scoffed and folded his arms and looked at Yongguk.

 

“You know, she is a really good person to trust, why can’t you see that?”

 

Yongguk sighed and dropped his pencil down, “Its not that I won’t, it’s just...I can’t I...nevermind its complicated but for your sake I’ll accompany her for groceries.”

 

Himchan gleefully smiled in delight as he raise a fist pump in the air. “Yes! You know it would also get you smiling better, too.”

 

“Don’t push your luck” Yongguk grumbled as he closed his book and rearranged himself.

 

“Fine, fine, mr grumpy pant.” Himchan muttered, but he still felt happy that he agreed.



 

Yongguk

 

Reluctantly at the request of Himchan, he promised to help Hwa young out with groceries, he went outside to find her sitting and writing a list down.

 

“Himchan told me you’d be out here, I volunteered in his place to help you, or more so Himchan told me too.”

Hwa young looked up and smiled “Yeah, I did if Himchan’s not coming then this is definitely him trying to get us alone” Yongguk felt himself turn a little red and looked away while Hwa young noticed.

 

“haha I didn’t mean it like that but, its just probably Himchan’s way of wanting to get to know more about each other since he always wants me to talk to you more.”

 

Yongguk nodded slowly, “Yeah, that’s Himchan, the most embarrassing and mom like person you’ll ever meet” Hwa young laughed and Yongguk smiled a little as he made that comment.

 

“Well, its true you know we might as well go now or else Himchan will be nagging and it’ll get late soon” Yongguk shifted his feet towards as Hwa young nodded and stood up to go get her jacket and purse. They finally exited the house and used the car to travel, along the way Yongguk kept looking at Hwa young for quick glances.

 

He kept thinking about the time he'll have to tell her, it wasn't like it was something he was going to keep forever. She had a right to know...didn`t she?

 

As his mind drifted off he didn’t hear Hwa young talking till a hand waved in front of him.

 

“Hello, earth to Yongguk, you know I think I’d have to poke you harder or just throw a bucket of water to get your attention.”

 

“O-Oh sorry I didn’t mean to space out, I was just..pondering.”

 

“Haha its okay, I mean it wasn’t anything important I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to get anything else, like for you I mean.”

 

“Umm, not really I mean I feel bad you’re buying the groceries and all.”

 

“Don’t even start, why don’t I just buy you ramen then” She nodded her head “I mean isn’t that your favourite food well what I hear from Himchan anyways.”

 

“Yeah sure, Thanks.” Himchan must be telling her everything  He thought, but felt warm on the inside he deeply wanted her to trust him but at the same time he knew that he drew the line at more than friends.

 

For now he would just be satisfied with this.


just this one time.

 

 

 

[A/N] OMG its been so long guys~~ But I finally have a poster and you can find their page to their shop on the foreword of my story ^^ Its been a combination of school, work, and lots and lots of stress. Report cards are soon coming out and I'm just so done T^T But I'll hang in there and hopefully post another chapter soon. Thanks for subscribing and please tell your friends about this story ^^