2. The Arrival

A chance encounter

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”

-Victor Hugo

 

                                    Hwa young

 

The past few days have been a blur for hwa young and maybe that's just her not wanting to pay attention to anything except the thought of going back to South Korea. Mr Yoo is coming in today and she had to drive to the airport to pick him up since her mom is busy dealing with the preparations for the funeral tomorrow.

Her thoughts started to wander off...

 

-Skyler's memories of her father at age 10-

 

"Daddy look at me fly!"

 

"haha be careful honey, watch where you step!"

 

Skyler was opening her arms wide, running in the flyaway breeze, they were at their cabin during the summer vacation. Her mom laughing scolding her father to not let her get hurt as she wasn't being careful.

 

"I caught you!" he embraced his daughter in her arms smiling and skyler screaming with joy. "Dadddddyyy" she whined

 

Can we go to the gazebwo? He smiled and laughed at her pronunciation it amused him

 

"Of course, let's go" he held out his hand and her small held onto it tightly.

 

They walked along the lake towards their special place: The Gazebo. Every summer her, mom and her dad would visit the cottage during the summer. They had also built a gazebo for lounging around, which ended up being Hwa young’s favourite place to spend time.

 

"Daddy, can I ask you a question?" He smiled softly at her "Yes, what is it honey?

 

"Can you stay forever with me?" A smile formed on his lips "of course, what would you say that?"

 

She kicked around the ground with a sullen look. "I don't want you to go again...I just feel like you won’t come back".

 

He knelt down on the ground and smiled at her tenderly "Silly girl, I always come back don't I?

She nodded, he stood up "good, then I'll race you to the Gazebo; ready...set...go!

 

Father and daughter sprinted on the stepping stones laughing throughout the whole way, their place was secret and the memories they shared at their special place will always remain there. Forever.

 

-End of memory-

 

It was the better memories she wanted to have, keep the best ones and try to forget the bad ones. She kept driving and upon arriving the airport she parked in the reserved spot and quickly looked at her watch.

 

3:55 PM

 

She was on time since the plane arrived at 4:00; she entered in the airport and skimmed on the list of planes scheduled to arrive and saw the one that said

 

South Korea to Vancouver, British Columbia - 4 PM

 

She made her way to the arrival/departure area, most people would be holding up signs to point them out but she knew that Mr Yoo would recognize her and wouldn't need a sign to tell her that.

                                                                           

                                                          Mr Yoo

 

Mr Yoo looked outside and saw the plane descending, he turned towards Yongguk and Himchan

 

"We'll be landing soon so I suggest you turn off your phones" They both nodded.

 

He should have told them in the letter that He was going to bring Yongguk and Himchan since they weren't set to do another comeback till January of next year.

 

BAP have been on hiatus for 3 months so far since they’ve run into issues more or so concerned with Yongguk. After that accident during their live, something had him set that something was wrong, he became reclusive and talked even far less than normal even though he wasn't much of a talker in the first place. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

 

It was going to take a lot of persuading to get him to write songs again, He made a promise to the fans that they would make a comeback in January. he felt that it was one that might be almost impossible considering that even all s have been convincing him to write songs again.

 

Time and time again he asked Yongguk why he was acting this way and time and time again he would shrug and say that it was just the tiredness that got to him and that he needed a break. He granted him a break and had to tell to regretfully all the fans that they were going to take a hiatus but assured of them that they will be back.

 

He decided to bring them along since they were the ones who knew Mr Eung after the many visits he made to TS and liked BAP right away and was certain that they were going to be big in the future. If only he could see them know, they're on the top of the world right now. He called them all his sons since he would sent packages and birthday gifts to them when he could. It was a small but a kind act, one that he couldn't forget about him the most, it hurt not being able to tell him that.

 

The plane slowly descended as he heard the wheels scraping on the pavement.

 

"Well, time to go guys"

 

Walking off the plane he wondered about how Hwa young and Ms Eung, were they doing all right? He couldn't shake off his mind about their state of mind right now. It too had shocked him that suicide would get to him, I mean sure he had secrets and was a past alcoholic but with all he's had so far I thought he quit that life. I guess not.

 

They picked up their luggage and scanned the grounds and found a girl dressed in jeans, a denim jacket with her hair pulled back in a clip but down. He waved to her, she smiled and approached him to give him a hug.

 

"It's great seeing you again Hwa young" he smiled, somehow he felt like a father to her and now he guessed he will be since its what Shin would have wanted if anything happened to him.

 

"As do you, Mr Yoo" She smiled and yet he could see her struggling with the pain, somehow he just wanted to stop and tell her to let it all out, but he thought it wasn’t the right time, the right place.

 

He looked to Yongguk and Himchan and told them to come closer so that they could get acquainted with Hwa young. .

 

"I'm sorry of a short notice but I thought that I should bring Yongguk and Himchan since they also knew your father well I would have brought the rest of them but I thought that it would have been better just bringing these two. In case the media finds out that BAP are here.

 

She waved off "No, its quite alright, I mean my dad has mentioned them before and I appreciate them for coming" She bowed towards them.

 

"It's nice to meet the daughter of Mr Eung" said Himchan, Especially one that is beautiful that I've heard from the rumours.

 

She blushed and he sighed "Himchan when are you going to quit that" he was slightly amused but also annoyed since he does this too often when he meets pretty women.

 

"What, I can't help it besides she's an exception though since I know you're going to bite my head off if I lay a hand on her" He grinned and winked.

 

"Please excuse this rascal since I think he slipped on a banana peel or something" He said jokingly

 

Yongguk stayed silent and nodded towards Hwa young "Please excuse Himchan since I think he might be drunk"

 

"YA, who do you think you are?!" She started to laugh at his sudden outburst, after the small chat we heading towards her car and drove to her house.

 

He looked at her, she seemed fine but he couldn't tell really if she was holding up, Shin wasn't kidding that it was sometimes hard reading her.

 

He looked up and stared ahead of the road until the driveway appeared.

He looked at the house, not small, but not big just the right size something Shin would pick, he never wanted to show off his wealth or brag to everyone. He was modest and it was something he admired him so much learning from him as he could and it served him well.

 

                                             Hwa young

 

She climbed out of the car and offered to carry their suitcases but said they could manage, she locked the car and opened the house.

 

she threw the keys on the table and turned to them "Well, here we are I'll just go through a quick tour around here and I'll direct you to your guest rooms afterwards.

 

She turned around and started "Here is the main hallway and further down was the living room you're always welcome here". She  turned to the left over there is the kitchen you can grab anything from their as long as it hasn't expired.

 

She point over to the right "The lounge is just personally a place for quiet time there are books and vinyl record & CDs to entertain you while relaxing".She pointed outside, “the garden is free to look around but be careful as we have planted new flowers and there’s a gazebo further if you walk, its open to relax as well”


She went upstairs and pointed the rooms here are the guest rooms its alright if one you share for one of the rooms?

"Of course, Me and Yongguk will take the shared room" Himchan patted Yongguk's back smiling.

 

"Okay, well enjoy the stay guys and if you need anything else I'll be in that rooms down the hall" She pointed to the one with music posters all over. They nodded and she bowed to them, she finally was relieved at least she can just finally settle in and lose herself in her music.


 

[A/N] Woooh~ Well this took me some time to think it out and also revealing Yongguk and Himchan! I'll add the other members soon, but to fill you in on Mr Yoo; he’s a made up CEO for TS Entertainment so please don't mistake him as the actual CEO haha. Also Skyler is in her 20s so close to Himchan and Yongguk's ages, just too not confuse you in the future. Anyways leave a comment if you liked it or any suggestions^^ I'll try and update soon~