Just One Drink

Me and Her

Amber's POV:

It's nearly been a week since my encounter with Krystal at Victoria's Cafe, with neither of us contacting each other since. I avoided the whole disappearance subject between Krystal and I to prevent some sort of suspicion of my past feelings for her.

"Ah, Amber! Over here!" I saw beckon me from the bar counter.

Yuri had invited me out to have me spill the details all about what had happened, regarding Krystal. Meeting at the same bar as our usual spot, it was more crowded than usual.

I flashed a smirk towards the latter and continued onwards to the direction the tan girl was seated. As always, she never failed to impress the audience of people with her amazing body. She wore a tightly hugged floral top that stopped just above her belly button, followed by her legs covered by a formed fitted denim jeans that were cuffed at the bottom up mid-shin. Her hair was draped against her shoulders, revealing the back of her neck and collar of her top.

"Do you always have to dress like that?" I scoffed, taking the stool just beside the beauty. The latter raised one eyebrow in sarcastic confusion to my statement, before retaliating.

"Psh, what do you mean? This is just casual attire for me. But from the looks of things, you can't go anywhere without a plain pair of jeans and band tee."

"Don't forget the snapback. You can never forget about that." I tapped my fingers against the brim of cap, turning it towards the back.

"Oh, yeah. Never." She laughed.

Yuri called over a friendly face from behind the counter of the bar, grabbing the attention of a petite girl with hair that hung just an inch below her shoulders. "Yah! Min!"

"Just because you look good in that outfit, Yuri, does not necessarily mean I want to sleep with you. So stop asking." The girl replied with a stern voice.

"Ouch. I really don't know whether or not I should take that as an insult or compliment." Yuri brushed the loose strands of her hair behind her ear, clearing her view of the girl.

I cleared my throat to interrupt the conversation the two were holding without me, "Actually, Min, I think Yuri was just ready to order our drinks." My hands slid across the wooden countertop, sending a cool feeling through my skin.

"O-Oh, Amber! I'm sorry! She's just been hitting on me since the moment she got here."

Yuri look appauled at the accusation Min had just pointed out to me, "Okay, that may be true! But no one can help themselves when a girl like Min is serving you!"

I slapped the back of Yuri's head in hope of knocking some sense back into the erted Black Pearl. "Anyway, we'd love Jack and Coke, please." I smiled to her and in return she nodded in understanding.

"So tell me, how'd it go?" Yuri's eyes stared sternly at me.

Jeez, she's so quick on remembering.

"Well, it was okay. I guess." I attempted in summarizing the events, but I honestly couldn't.

"You guess? What do you mean?" She scrunched her eyebrows, confused.

I rolled my eyes, seeing that Min had placed the two glasses of Jack and Coke just before Yuri and I. "I don't know. We just talked and stuff."

She let out a sigh, "Amber, describing it vaguely isn't going to get you anywhere with speaking to me right now. Stop avoiding the description and just tell me."

If I were to tell Yuri, all she would do is try to think of some odd way to mend the friendship or possibly relationship between Krystal and I. I didn't even have the guts to Krystal why I even left in the first place.

I took a deep breath before letting the words escape my mouth, "She asked why I left."

"Well, did you tell her?" I could tell that Yuri was anticipating my answer. The tan girl was practically on the edge of her chair, not really coming as a surprise since she's the only person I actually have ever told why.

Because of Krystal.

"I-I couldn't. I wasn't able to. I.. I was afraid." My words came out hesitantly. 

Yuri's expression softened, as she sat back into the bar stool. "Ah."

A long paused followed the small sound that came from her, leading up to her observed explanation I knew that was coming.

"Amber..."

Here it comes.

"I can understand why you didn't tell her. It's not the easiest thing to think about or even describe especially if it's about her. But you know, you can't keep this a secret. She'll become more and more curious about as to why, knowing that you've been avoiding it."

I grunted in annoyance to her observation. How could she understand? How can she understand how I feel about this? She can't. I'm just not ready. And I don't know when I'll ever be.

"Sure, it's easy for you to say that. But are you in this position right now? No, you aren't!" I raised my voice slightly.

"Amber, I didn--"

"No! How am I supposed to tell her that the reason I left was because I loved her. The reason I realized that I'd be better off with my dreams was the from the heartbreak of her boyfriend and her making out. I was in love with the goddamn girl, Yuri! I was so in love that just from seeing her again clouded my mind with the feelings I held so dear to my heart about her."

Yuri fell silent, leaving an awkward tension between the two of us. My sight fluttered over towards the alcohol glass in front of me, and without thinking my body reacted on it's own. Instead of slowly sipping the drink, I decided to drown myself with Yuri's glass and mine down into my belly.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to Yuri for my sudden outburst, resulting me hanging my head low in disappointment.

I felt her hand on my shoulder, "It's okay. You're right, you're probably just not ready. I'll be patient. And when you do feel as if the time is right, don't forget to tell me."

There it was. The thing that I admired the most about my best friend, Yuri. Her understanding. No matter what kind of argument we both get into, whether it's me or her, we make up the next moment. It's no wonder I feel so safe around her, and comfortable.

"Thank you, Yuri."

She nodded her head and ordered one more drink for herself, since I'd already drank hers. "I need to get my buzz on too, you know?" Yuri chuckled.

My gave a warm smile, before swiviling my stool towards the open room of the establishment. It was a cool set enviroment, lounge chairs and tables for others to enjoy themselves at. My eyes traveled across the room to see the new faces that crowded the place, stopping at the booth table in the corner. My eyes widened at the people seated there, resulted in me whipping myself back towards the counter.

.

Yuri seemed to have noticed my sudden movements, to the point where she had leaned her face down to mine. "Hmmm...?" she hummed.

"Amber? What's wrong now...?

My eyes stayed glued on the image of the polished counter. I called Min over to where we were seated and demanded, "Bring the whole bottle of Jack. A whole bottle of Patron. And a bottle of Fire Ball."

Both Min and Yuri was shocked at my demands for alcohol so suddenly, "Err...Amber are you sure you wanna mix dark and clear liqour? You know already from experience that it doesn't end well for anyone." Min had replied.

"Am, what's gotten into you lately?" Yuri asked.

Why now? Why the now? . . .

I waited for a long pause before I could form any words from my lips. I inhaled sharply just as I let out a barely made sentence.

"She's here."


Without you, it's like sailing out to sea.

In search of land I couldn't see.

Needing you so desperately.

I love you. I love you.

I don't want to you leave.


I told you that I'd be updating more often, right? Snaps for Sora!! *snaps*

How'd you guys like it? I've been trying to get back into my original writing too. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there again! Comment and upvote this series, please! As well as Train Ride if you haven't already! Thanks to those who've subscribed and to those who've already voted! I love you guys, keep supporting!

Ah, if anyone is interested in making a poster for this, PM me!

Sora Out.