Suffocation

Me and Her

Krystal's POV:

It's been two weeks since we reunited at that plaza bench, and I haven't heard from her. I slipped my number into cellphone before leaving, so I've tried calling and texting multiple times. No answer.

Has she been avoiding me? I obviously know when she reads my iMessages sent straight to her iPhone, the little tab beneathe the blue bar indicates what time she opens it. There isn't an excuse for her to be unable to recieve them.

I groaned in frustration, resting my feet on the oakwood coffee table in front of my sunken couch. "I thought we could pick up where we left off last time. I mean, she left without a word. Just a measly text message. She owes me an explaination!"

My mind blanked out to the night I rested on that cold bench beside her, sweetly listening to the music she had left on through her headphones.

 

Flashback

"Krystal Jung."

My name chimed so heavenly from her lips, leaving my mind in a bit of daze.

"Amber Liu."

She kept quiet soon after the last syllable of her dorky name rolled off the end my tongue. I gave a small chuckle to ease the tension she held in her shoulders from my sudden appearence.

"It's been a while, huh, Am?" I smiled.

slowly became agape as if she tried to reply to my question, but nothing came out.

"I'm sorry for suddenly bursting into your little music bubble, but it's been too long. I haven't seen you in a little bit over six years, and here we are now."

She shook her head into realizing that she'd open for a few moments, letting off an embarrassing look. "Y-Yeah, six years." she tripped over her words as she relaxed her body a bit.

Still the same Dorkber.

"Six years is a long time, Am. How've you been? I see that you've followed your true calling in life." I scooted closer, not in attempt of flirting with her, but to inclose our warmth to shield me from the chilly air.

"I-I've been good. Just good." Amber ended her answer with a serious and enclosing tone.

My lips gave a small curve upwards, "That's great."

Our conversation seemed to be dying out within just a few minutes of speaking to each other. Six years and this is all I could manage to say to her? I've missed her so much, and I've wanted to tell her so many things.

"Krys, it was great seeing you, but I think it's about time for me to head on home." She stood up and began to gather her things.

I can't let her go. I've just found her again.

"Amber," I quickly grabbed her sleeve, unabling her to move further away from me. "I've missed you. I want to see you again, please."

Her eyes widened up and revealed a beautiful glossy brown shade of color, the eyes that I'd fallen for. A few moments passed and Amber stood still in her place, her gaze would shift over to me then back down to the ground.

"Here, my number. Just so that if you ever want to hang out, I'd always make myself avaliable." I pucnched on the number pad of her phone and placed it back into her jacket pocket.

"S-Sure."

 

Was I too straight forward with hanging out with her? It was a subtle proposal, so I don't think I was.

Ugh!

Why must this be so difficult to cope with?!

I ruffled my hair up in frustation, occasionally glancing down to my blank phone screen. A deep sigh left my chest as I lifted myself up from the couch and up on the floorboards of my apartment. My feet trudged themselves over to the open stereo on my book shelf, containing various CDs and books stacked up against each other. I shuffled my fingers through the music discs of my favorite artist and found one most appealing to my mood, placing into the stereo's dics cartridge. I clicked on the play button and walked back to the welcoming sofa and plopped myself down into the position I was in earlier.

The music began to resound through my ears, as the sweet melody of the guitar and piano mixed so well together. Pure nirvana.

*BUZZ*

A sudden vibration was felt on from my phone on my arm, "What the--"

My words were suddenly cut off when the name that had popped up on my phone's screen seared deep into my mind. The text message I'd been longing for.

To: Princess

From: My Servant

Hey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know I've missed you so much?

When I first met you, I knew it was nothing but luck.

I doubt that you've noticed me from the start, though.

Please know I care so much for you.

I just want you to care just as much too.


A/N: Hello errybodyyyy! I know I've been updating really late and I do want to say sorry. BUT I was kinda sort hella busy. So bare with me.

If many of you are confused about the ending part, just know they are lyrics to one of the songs of Krystal's favorite artist. I'm sure you all know who that is! c; I will be posting a small chunk of lyrics in each chapter at the end. Credits to hot-d_STILLed to giving me that idea and helping me with a few brainstorm the plot for this story!

Sora.