Notice

Me and Her

Yuri's POV:

Woah. Amber wasn’t kidding about this girl, she was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention her friends around her matched as well.

My gaze then shifted back to my alcohol influenced friend, her body weight leaning against the countertop of the bar. Amber was streaking her finger up and down the glass of Fire Ball, occasionally chuckling.

It was sad sight. For six years, I’d never known what had put Amber into such a blank state. I’d ask, but then be brushed off into another subject. Amber was never ready to talk about anything, just as she isn’t ready to talk Krystal about her unknown disappearance.

“Amber, I think that’s enough. Alcohol is a known depressant, and definitely won’t take the situation at hand away.” I placed my hand over hers, before dragging the glass towards me.

Was she really so in love with this girl?

My eyes looked back at the booth the three ladies were seated in, Krystal had been slumped over for quite a while now. Her companions were directly across from the latter, seemingly attempting to talk to her.  I heard a clinking noise from in front of us, Min had set down two mugs of coffee for Amber and I.

I was still slightly buzzed from the served alcohol, but was still aware of my thoughts and doings at this point. Min had implied for us both to sober up, seeing as the situation had escalated with Krystal just appearing in the same place as us.

“Sober up, Amber. I hope you don’t mind me eavesdropping on your conversation, but Yuri is right. For once.” Min stooped down to Amber’s eye level.

For once? Hey!

“Drowning yourself isn’t going to change the fact that she’s right there. Or the fact that you still love her. It’ll only prove that you’re running away from it, and not solving it. Now hurry up and drink this before the stupidity of alcohol consumes you and makes you do something stupid.” Min cracked a smirk, turning her body back to the other customers on the end of the counter.

Amber slid her head onto its side, her eyes now facing my direction, and letting an exhale that had been clouded by the stench of Fire Ball. “Okay.”

I smiled and rested my back against the supporting chair for some sort of comfort, sinking myself into my thoughts.

What exactly was it like? How could someone have fallen so in love with a person from just riding the same train as them? Things like that only happen in movies or fairytales, not reality. Right?

I watched Amber take occasional sips on her mug, as I did the same. The smug face on her look slowly began to disappear with each gulp of caffeine sliding down .

 Love.

The word itself sounded so foreign to me, rarely even crossing my mind. I enjoyed one night flings with both men and women, but never sought to settle myself down and drop the “L” word on any of them. I never really grasped the concept of the word, nor the meaning itself.

What does it mean to be in love?

I didn’t keep track of the time, but roughly around 3 and half hours had passed since Min had given Amber and I our first coffee. I was absolutely engrossed into my own thoughts on love, which I had totally forgotten of my partner in crime beside me. Amber was finally sitting upright, continuously staring at the polished wood, and stuffing bread into . A blank face remained on her as she chewed the edible item.

“Amber?” I slightly tapped the tomboy on the shoulder to divert her attention towards me.

The latter looked up and hummed in question to my gesture, “Yeah?”

Her cheeks were round from the bread, resulting in me giving off a small chuckle before saying, “I think I’m good on the coffee. But now a whole wave of piss action is washing over my body. I’ll be right back, just gotta let this tsunami out.”

The statement left her in disgust from just the wording itself of declaring the fact I needed to go to the bathroom. She waved her hand to shoo me away, as she continued on with sobering herself up.

With that, I stood from the bar chair and trudged my feet towards the restroom near the back of the building. Pushing the heavy metal door labeled, “Ladies,” I quickly rushed into one of the open stalls near the end. Shutting the door behind me, a wave of release washed right over me as all the fluids that I had sunken down into my digestive system ran through me. I cleaned myself up and flushed the toilet, before I suddenly heard the metal door open and shut close.

“I don’t know what to do, Tiff.” A voice had stated to what seemed to have been another in the room.

“Jess, calm down. From her words itself, she doesn’t seem to be over her at all.” The latter replied to the first.

A sigh was heard from one of the two, “She’s my sister. It scares me to see her like this. And if Krystal truly is still in love with this Amber girl, what will happen to her then if it turns out that tomboy doesn’t feel the same way at all. Or possibly thinks it’s disgusting. I don’t want her to embarrass herself.”

Wait, Krystal? Amber?

HOLD.

THE.

.

UP.

Krystal is still in love with Amber? Still? That could only mean…

Krystal had fallen in love with Amber.

My jaw had dropped from overhearing the two speak as I unconsciously bustled out of the bathroom stall. My vision was a impaired for a split second before it revealed the two beautiful girls that had been speaking to Krystal earlier. A million thoughts had flooded my mind, leaving me speechless before the two.

The taller girl eyebrows began to scrunch in confusion for my sudden actions, while the smaller girl beside her grunted in disgust. Turns out I hadn’t completely buttoned my pants up. I didn’t bother to fix myself, as my mind was still fixated on the Amber and Krystal situation.

After all this time.

“She was in love with her this whole time.”

Amber’s POV:

Yuri’s been in there for quite some time now, huh?

I’d finally been able to sober myself up, after an extended amount of time. Min had been continuously feeding me bread, as well as coffee to help with the absorption.

What was I thinking? Getting myself drunk, pathetic.

I hung my head low, bringing my hands to catch the surfaces of my cheeks as it fell. I had notice that the booth Krystal and her companions were at was now empty not too long ago. It seemed they had left while I was in the process of my sobering up moment.

And she didn’t even notice me?

I grunted as I lifted myself from the chair, climbing down onto the tile floor. Min had seen my actions, and quickly aided me to stand correctly. “It’s okay.” I said.

“I think I’m fine now. I just need some fresh air to wake me up.”

“Just be careful, arraso?” She patted my back and returned to behind the counter, wiping the countertop from spilt liquids of clumsy customers that were still calling for her assistance.

I was still a bit tipsy, but able to direct myself to the side door towards the building’s alleyway. My feet staggered from side to side, while my body swayed from left to right. I finally reached the cool metal push bar, applying pressure to open the hatch. A breeze of cool brushed against my cheeks, staining my nose red from the chilly air.

Ah.

I needed this. I need a space to clear my head of her.

My feet had moved on its own accord towards the brick wall beside the bar’s door, allowing me to support myself from falling. I could feel the cool wall on the small of my back as I leaned against it. The air was cold enough to create a warm smoke of breath each time I had exhaled.

Slumping my head back, I remained in a state of complete euphoria.

What am I to do?

“Did you really not see me in there, Krystal? Am I really nothing to you?” I whispered under my breath.

 

 

 

“I’ve always noticed you.” A small voice sounded from around the corner of the alleyway.

My head turned towards the source of the sound, as the light above the person had illuminated her features clearly.

Krystal.

She was hunched over, holding onto her stomach; Krystal began to drag her feet to me. She was wasted. I took a few steps towards the latter, “A-Are you okay, Krys…?”

She didn’t reply to me, but instead fell straight forwards from losing her foot placement. Just as before she had completely let gravity take its course, I caught the latter in my arms, pulling her up.

Krystal reeked of alcohol and stomach discharge, but it didn’t make me think any less of her beauty that was defined in the lighting. She was mumbling something, but I wasn’t able to clearly hear it.

“What was that, Krys?” I whispered into her ear, shifting her up against my shoulder.

She rustled her head, burying it deeper into my shirt, leaving marks of black makeup on the white material.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why haven’t you noticed that I’d fallen in love with you, stupid? A long time ago.”


I'm right here, can't you see?

Of course you can,

But your eyes were never set on me.

Please notice me.

Notice me.


There you have it! A confession by our lovely, yet intoxicated Soojung! 

Who knows what'll happen next! Will Amber act on the confession and finally admit that she's in love with Krystal? Or will she brush off the act and ignore it completely to move on?! Only if you stay tuned will you find out the true answer to that question. Comment, upvote and subscribe!

I love you, guys!

Sora.