Euphoria

Me and Her

Amber POV:

I’d be a liar if I said that I wasn’t thrilled that Krystal and I got to share a normal conversation for once. Despite the constant anxiety I’ll be facing after suggesting to share one every night on the train, I have a feeling that’ll it’ll be okay.

Nothing seemed too rushed last night, just a casual chat amongst two people. Not once did she mention or ask about the past six years. We talked, laughed, and smiled like old times.

It was nice. I’d missed things like that.

I touched my chest, gripping the left side of my tank top. After a few moments, I started to support myself off my bed, letting my feet hang of the side as I sat up. I felt the warmth of the sun press itself against my back. My eyes traced itself to my phone resting on my nightstand, giving thought as to whether or not I should message Krystal this morning. I unconsciously shrugged my shoulders, unlocking my phone screen to reveal that I’d been texting Krystal all night before drifting off to sleep. I decided against my attempts of ignoring Krystal and typed in a fresh new message to her.

 

To: Dudungie

Last night was nice.

 

I glanced up at the name and chucked between my lips at the nickname I saved on my phone. I gave her that name as a funny way of pronouncing her given birth name, and several times about it back then.

Throwing my phone onto my bed, I got up and ambled over to my curtains to unsheathe them from the sunlight peering behind. It must’ve been 7:30, yet regardless of the booming pace of Seoul, the city looked beautiful today for some reason.

 

Krystal’s POV:

In lieu of last night, I decided to restrain myself from asking the questions I so badly wanted to know from Amber. Instead, I let myself get reacquainted to her as a sign of boundary respect and a sense of trust. I just got her back, and I didn’t want to scare her off.

When she’s ready to tell me, I’ll let her do it on her own terms.

With my mind wandering about the events that took place last night, I forgot that I’d opened the message from Amber and was in mid type of the response back.

 

To: Dorkber

It was. J I look forward to talking to you again tonight. I’ll let you know when I’m off. Tiff’s got me working like a slave T.T

 

I tucked my phone away into my coat as I patiently stood by waiting for the morning train. I dug my face into my scarf that lay just below my chin, exhaling the cold morning air through the seams. Internally, I was screaming with joy due to the anticipation of being able to spend another 20 minutes with Amber again.

I rummaged through my side purse to find my white apple product headphones to send me to musical bliss during this train ride Applying the headphones to my ears, I began my sorted playlist and silently bobbed my head up and down to the beat.

The rest of the day went pretty slow paced yet heavy loaded, which was to be expected. In spite of the heavy workload, Amber and I continued to message on another throughout the workday. She’d stated she’d be a little late to the platform tonight, apparently something in the studio came up. Although, I wasn’t too worried.

“Geez, I hope I didn’t keep you waiting.” I turned to see Amber slumped over with her hands pressed against her knees. She lifted her head to meet my gaze, revealing her blushed cheeks caused from the rush over.

“I had to finish some stuff up back there.” She huffed.

With sweat trickling down the side of perfectly coiffed hair, I unconsciously brought my hand to her round cheek. Doing so, she lifted her body back into its original posture with my cold palm still placed on her. A few moments passed, and I snapped out of my trance after coming to realization as to what I was doing. I frantically tried to search my thoughts for a calm response or excuse to my actions.

“Only a little, loser. I’m sorry, all that running made you look sorta cute.”

What the , Krystal? Wasn’t that supposed to be a “calm” response?

A hue of pink washed over both our faces as I swiftly brought my hand back in my coat pocket. Amber quickly broke her stare and traced her eyesight towards the ground. Her actions showed her embarrassment from the sudden compliment I said without thinking.

“O-Only sorta…?” Amber whispered.

Huh? I hope I heard right.

“Com’on now, loser. The train is here. Don’t wanna be left alone, do ya?” I in attempt to dust off the last grumbled question. I didn’t want to make things more awkward than they were after I unknowingly touched her face. I push her slightly with my shoulder, urging her onwards toward the automatic doors of the train car. We didn’t speak after that, Amber and I took our seats in the practically empty atmosphere. Seeing how it was nearly 10:30, there weren’t many patrons left aboard.

I peeked over to my right where Amber sat, and noticed she began rummaging through her pockets. Did she forget something? A few seconds passed and Amber pulled a white pair of headphones from her right jean pocket. She plugged one headphone into her left ear, before offering the other to me.

“For me?” I asked, pointing to myself.

She shook her head, “If you’d like. I stayed late to finish this demo in my production. And I wanted you to give me some feedback.”

“Are you sure you’d want me to be the first to listen to it? Wouldn’t your production team give you better feedback than me?” I was confused. I’m not quite sure as to why Amber wanted me to give pointers on a new song. I wouldn’t have a professional opinion. Why woul-

“Yah, because I want you to be the first!” She flicked her pointer finger against my forehead, panging me back against my seat. This resulted me in raising my hand to smack her shoulder and rub the now visible red spot.

“That hurt!”

Amber busted out in a fit of laughter, “Pfftttt…I didn’t expect it to leave a mark! Hahaha!” He hands now pressed against her stomach as she slumped her body over to try suppress the laughter.

This .

I raised my hand once more, “Princess Jung Death Slap!” and proceeded to front and back slap Amber’s cheeks. Of course, I knew that might’ve gone too far, but this dork definitely deserved it.

Once I was finished with my stellar final move, Amber’s cheeks were highlighted with red and slightly swollen. I rolled my eyes and sarcastically remarked, “Oh, I didn’t expect that to leave a mark.”

Her eyes squinted in frustration, “Fine. Fine, I get it.”

Seeing her pout out of frustration was so fracking adorable, I almost couldn’t restrain myself from rubbing her cheeks once more. A small smirk appeared on my face and instead I chose to pinch each side of her tender cheeks.

“Oww! Krys it still hurtsssss!” Amber pleaded out in pain.

“Aww, now are you gonna let me listen to your new song, dweeb? Or what?” I continued to pull her cheeks apart, teasing her more and more.

She brought her hands up, prying my grip from her cheeks and began rubbing them to ease the burning pain. “Jesus, Krys! Fine! Take the other headphone already!”

I smiled with joy, “Okay!” Without any further delay, Amber began playing the music just after I plugged in the right headphone into my ear.

In the background was a very laid back beat and piano accompanying the steady drum and snare. It’s R&B touch engulfed me in a state of euphoria, and I soon found myself staring at Amber’s face. There were no words to the song, but it played so smooth to the setting. Amber slowly bobbed her head up and down to the slow beat, and slowly began to reveal a minor smile tugged on the edges of her lips. It made me happy to see her like this again.

I’d be called a liar if I were to say this was nothing like how we first met, sitting on the train and enjoying her music together. Although, this time the feeling is warmer and secure with her beside me.

I slid a little further down on my seat to nest my head against her shoulder and closed my eyes. I allowed her music to swallow me up again, and my heart to rest easy against her just for tonight.

Unknowingly to me, Amber lifted her head from against the glass pane and glanced down at me. She didn’t say or do anything to object from my sudden action, but instead smiled and relaxed her head against mine.

I wish this train ride would never end.


Updated again. As you could probably tell, my wiriting style has changed drastically. I think it might be because I haven't been writing in quite some time, so I'm a little off. I'm sorry about that.

If there are any spelling mistakes, please ignore it. Other than that, I'll probably be up all night writing.

Stay tuned.

Sora.