Text Messages

Me and Her

Yuri’s POV:

Comical, the only word that could really describe the series of events that occurred last night.

My encounter with the older Jung and Ms. Hwang helped both parties establish more knowledge on the situation between Krystal and Amber. The more background Jessica had told me about Krystal’s side, the more I understood. The more I spoke of Amber’s side, the more she also developed.

I felt my phone’s vibration setting go off a few inches from my head, indicating that I had just received a message. I groggily shifted my head and hands to grab the electronic device. A flash of bright light hit the corneas of my eyes, blinding me for a brief moment.

From: Older Jung

Yah, Kwon! What are we going to do now about last night?!

To: Older Jung

Has she woken up yet? Amber’s still asleep on my end.

 

My gaze shifted to the figure beside me, hidden underneath the covers of my bed. A few strands of her loose hair came into view as the figure began to rustle around, shifting their position.

From: Older Jung

No, she hasn’t. She was pretty messed up, so I don’t think she’ll be waking any time soon.

Last night, Amber didn’t exactly want to describe the events that took place from the side alley of the bar. She came in through the door carrying a passed out Krystal on her back.

 

FLASHBACK

“Yah! What the hell did you do to my sister?!” I heard ear-ringing screech from Jessica as she rushed to aid her sister off Amber.

Amber remained silent, sliding Krystal onto the cushioned bench to support her from falling. I took a few steps towards the latter, and patted her shoulder to make awareness of my presence.

“Am, what’s going on? Why were you carrying Krystal on your back?”

“Yes, I’d like to know what you had been doing to my little sister. Taking advantage of her? Drugging her?” Jessica’s words were quick and blunt to her assumptions on Amber.

Still, Amber stood quiet. No words escaped from the tomboy’s lips, only her gaze shifted towards me signaling me that she wanted to leave. I nodded in understanding to the silent one’s wish, handing her the keys to the car. She grasped the keys and trudged her feet towards the front door, exiting.

“Wait! I wasn—.”

“Hey, Sica.” I cut her off, placing my hand on her hand. She turned towards me, confused to my actions. “But I still have questions, Yuri! Why’d you just let her walk out like that? After what she might’ve done to her!”

I took a deep inhale, “I’m not Amber’s best friend for nothing, you know? I’m sure Amber meant no harm to your sister. And with the look that she gave me, it was definitely something serious that she won’t want to open up about for a bit.”

Jessica grunted in frustration, ruffling her hair in the back a bit.

“Here, we need to establish some sort of communication between us all. To keep tabs on the situation for both these girls.” Tiffany stated.

I dug into my pocket, pulling out my phone to relay both their numbers on it. After exchanging information I bid both girls goodbye. Although, just before I walked out the glass doors I heard Jessica yell something to me.

“You better tell whatever that llama squeals, arrasso?! Kwon?!”

“You go it, Sica.” I smiled and continued out to the cold weather.

I found Amber in the passenger seat of my car, staring blankly out the windshield. Knocking on the glass window, I frightened her a bit and let out a small chuckle. Upon entering the car, no words were exchanged, just facial expressions.

The car ride was bland, and extremely quiet. I tuned the radio on, playing some new upbeat KPOP song that had just hit billboards top songs just yesterday.

“Do you want to talk about it…?” I asked, breaking the silence between us both.

No response.

“Amber, it’s okay to talk about it. That’s why I’m here. I just want to know, what happened out there? Between you both?”

Again, no response.

“Am, I’m just trying to get through to you. I know that look, and something serious went down. So could you please just tell me what happened between you bo—.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She told me she’d always been in love with me.”

First Base.

“And I told her that I’d always been, too.”

Second Base.

“And I kissed her.”

Screw third. Home Run.

 

 

FLASHBACK END

I my hair back behind my ears, as I viewed the unread message from Jessica.

From: Older Jung

she’s awake.


Sleep and dream away

Keep and stay
I hope you'll be mine forever
Till now on this day

Hello! I know what you're all thinking... What the hell Sora? Why haven't you updated?

I'll tell you why, because I'm going to Japan! I'll be stationed there! YAY. (But I'm secretly crying because I'll be so far from home...)

Hoped you like this chapter. I know it didn't really elaborate on the KRYBER pair, but I'm sure I'll break a lot of your hearts at the end of this series. CAUSE I FINALLY KNOW THE PLOT!!! Yes.

Enjoy my rollercoster ride of a story. Upvote. Comment. And Subscribe. I love you all!

Sora.