Manly Battle

Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?

 

The next day, Yeseul woke up late. The boys were a bit anxious as she didn’t show up at breakfast that morning. They all noticed that Chen was extra sleepy that morning because he burnt every pancake that he made.

“Uhhh, hyung? I think you need some rest. Let me do this alone okay? Go and sit there, at the table.” D.O said, the moment he saw Chen dozed off for a few second with his hand holding the spatula.

“It’s okay, D.O yah. I’m not leaving you alone here.” he said stubbornly but then almost dozed off to sleep again. D.O quickly took the spatula from him and he flipped the omelette before it turned black.

“I reaaaaally mean it, hyung. Just...go and sit there okay? I’ll finish this quickly.” D.O said and Chen nodded and he dragged his feet towards the dining table.

“Chen, you’re extra sleepy this morning!” Suho said as Chen sat on his chair. Everyone’s eyes were on him who’s pouring himself a cup of coffee.

“I’m always like this in the morning. I’m a lazy sleepyhead.” he said casually as he took a sip of the coffee.

“You are? But you looked fine before...” Suho said and he scratched his head.

“Aish, hyung...you’re just so dense! Chen hyung can’t sleep last night because he had to look after Yeseul!” Tao said loudly and he hit Suho lightly at his arms. Luhan immediately looked at Tao with a warning look that effectively shut Tao’s mouth.

Chen pretended as if he didn’t hear or see anything happening in front of him. Tao was right, he didn’t sleep a wink last night because Yeseul had a nightmare and she kept on waking up and he had to calm her.

“We’re not going to wake Yeseul up?” Xiumin asked worriedly.

“I think we should let her sleep more. D.O will cook soup for her. She slept too late last night and she might have hangover too.” Kris said and they nodded.

“Yup, that’s right. Thanks to a certain someone...” Luhan said slowly and as the result, Xiumin elbowed him. Luckily, Kris didn’t hear him.

“What? I’m just stating the fact!” Luhan said to Xiumin but Xiumin ignored him. Luhan pouted.

“D.O yah, why are you not done yet? Come here and have breakfast with us!” Chanyeol shouted so that D.O in the kitchen can hear him.

“I’m cooking soup for Yeseul! I’ll come in a minute!” D.O shouted back and Chanyeol nodded.

After a while, D.O came and joined them at the dining table. Sehun and Luhan suddenly ate faster and both of them stood up at the same time. Everyone’s attention were on the both of them.

“I’ll bring the soup to Yeseul at her room.” Sehun said first and they all nodded.

“Luhan?” Xiumin asked with a frown. Luhan didn’t answer him. Instead, he just sat on his chair and grabbed a hot pancake despite the fact that it’s his third that morning.

***

Sehun knocked the door to Yeseul’s room. He’s holding a tray of soup and he tapped his feet lightly as he waited for Yeseul to open the door. However, it looked like Yeseul didn’t intend to open the door for him.

“What? Is she still asleeep?” Sehun grumbled. He tried to turn the door knob, eventhough he knew that it will be locked. However, it made him dropped his jaw to the floor because the door swung open in front of him.

“Why the heck isn’t this door locked? Oh, right! It must be Chen hyung.” He said to himself as he entered her room. He spared a look across her big and spacious room. He expected her room to be fiiled with pink colour but it turned out that he’s wrong.

Her room was colorful. It shocked him, really. Rich girls in his imagination would decorate their room with pink and pink and pink and all pink.

Well, it wasn’t necessarily supposed to be pink but that’s what Oh Sehun imagined.

Come to think of it again, this wasn’t even her real room. It’s only her room for the next three month. Sehun sighed as he put the tray in his hand on a small table next to her bed.

“Now, how the hell should I wake her up?” he tapped his chin as he said that. He beamed a look at her angelic face and he knelt right next to her bed. Her sleeping face looked very calm and serene.

Sehun smiled and he watched her every breath that escaped from her slightly parted lips. Sehun landed his hand on her nose, pinching it. She moved a bit and she pushed his hand away.

Sehun smiled and he blew into her ears. She giggled and Sehun thought that she wold wake up but it turned out that she slapped his arms hard and went back to sleep.

“What the...I thought this girl would be easy to wake up considering that she’s always early for breakfast.” Sehun grumbled.

He used to imagine that if he had a girlfriend, he would wake her like that, blowing into her ears. She’ll gigle cutely and he’ll say ‘morning, sweetheart’ and then she’ll just smile at him and he’ll kiss her at her forehead and it’ll be very romantic.

Well, it’s just his imagination. I know...it’s wayyyy too cheesy.

In the end, Sehun just shook her body and she finally opened her eyes. It widened immediately the moment she saw him there. She suddenly covered herself with her blanket and looked at him with her narrowed eyes. Sehun blinked countless times at her sudden movement.

“What have you done to me?” she asked and Sehun couldn’t give her any appropriate answer.

“Why did I wake up to see you in my room?” she asked again and her voice actually went one pitch higher. Sehun suddenly felt like his tongue were tied in a knot and he couldn’t say a word.

“You...ERT!!” she shouted and she kicked him there. Please understand why the word ‘there’ is in Italic. Sehun’s eyes went teary and he curled on the floor. The pain was beyond imagination!

“I...your soup...table...” he tried to explain but it turned out that he couldn’t organize the words that he spat out. Yeseul frowned and she glanced at the small table near her bed. A tray was placed there, with a bowl of soup in it.

“Oh? Did you bring this for me?” she asked and Sehun could only nod. Man, this girl’s kick was like a Brazilian kick by professional! It reaaaaally hurt like hell.

“So...guess you’re not a ert?” she said with a cute grin. Sehun finally got the strength to stand up. He frowned as he tried to ignore the lingering pain, the result of her kick.

“Eat...well.” he said and Yeseul waved at him when she saw him turned away and went for the door slowly.

“Thank you, Mr Oh! And...sorry.” she said loudly and she’s certain that he heard her because he slammed the door reaaaaaally hard after that sentence.

It’s your fault, Oh Sehun.

It’s your entire fault that you volunteered yourself to wake that little monster.

***

“I will never forgive you!”

“I’ll hate you for the rest of my life!”

“You make me angry!”

“In the name of justice, I shall punish you!”

“You’re just extremely stupid!”

“You’re just a Baozi!”

“I...I...”

“Ahaha, you lose!”

They all laughed at Baekhyun as he just lose the game and he need to serve juice for the winners.

They’re all bored that afternoon and Kai suddenly suggested another game which was much more stupid than last night, ‘Chained Exclamation’. An extended version of ‘Chained Question’ they said.

Eventually, Baekhyun was not good at that game so Kai’s Stupid Virus stopped spreading just like that. The winners waited at the living room while waiting for the juice.

“Woahh~ Today is just extremely boring.” Xiumin stated.

“Yup, that’s right. We really did nothing in this house.” Chanyeol said and they all agreed with him.

“I can’t believe I really did nothing for the past 2 weeks!” Tao exclaimed.

“Aaaand you liked it. Am I right?” Suho said and Tao elbowed him. Suho just laughed at him.

“Hey, where’s Sehun, Chen, Luhan and Kris?” Lay suddenly asked when he realized that there’s only eight of them at the living room.

“Oh my God! They’re kidnapped!” Kai exclaimed dramatically and D.O immediately smacked him.

“They’re not kidnapped, you idiot.” he said and Xiumin patted D.O’s shoulder as if he just won an enormous prize at a competition.

“You did the right thing, son.” Xiumin said and D.O just shrugged.

“Couldn’t even imagine that tall Kris hyung being kidnapped and Chen hyung must have shouted with his high pitched voice like a high school fangirl.” D.O said.

“True enough!” Lay said with a chuckle.

“I can totally relate to that.” Xiumin said, earning laughter from everyone.

“You always used violence when it comes to me!” Kai whined.

“Because you’re the only one that need to be handled with violence?” Chanyeol suddenly said and they all laughed.

“Lay hyung...look at the other hyungs! They always laughed at my misery!” Kai whined to Lay.

“Let it goooo~ Let it gooo~” Lay suddenly sang and Kai pouted.

“That’s weird but somehow that song fit in this situation.” Suho said. Lay smiled at him.

“The hyungs all hate me...” Kai shook his head.

“Seulpeohajima no no no~” Tao suddenly sang.

“Honjaga anya no no no~” Xiumin continued.

“No no no, no mercyyyy yeah~” Kai sang too but the others looked at him with a judging look.

“I was trying to light up the environment?” Kai said with an uncertain look in his face.

“Juice is heere~” Baekhyun said and their attention were all on him. Umm, more like their attention were on the juice.

“Wow, orange juice just saved my .” Kai stated even though no one heard him.

That’s just exactly how the derps spent their afternoon in the mansion.

***

“Guys, please prepare for our next challenge which is the ‘Manly Battle’. We’re going to play soccer this evening. Make sure to come to the field at 5. Good luck!” the crews said through the phone.

“I’m glad enough that it’s not aegyo.” Kris said, while he grinned alone. This time, he’s certain that he’ll win.

Definitely.

“Wait, this is sooooo not fair! The others are soooo tall! How can I win them?” Baekhyun whined to Chanyeol but all he had to say is ‘It’s okay to lose once in a while, Bacon’ and that just made Baekhyun used his Hapkido skills on him.

“The others that I mentioned included you, Yoda!” he shrieked and Chanyeol winced in pain.

Just like that, the boys were getting ready for the match. They also split themselves into two teams.

Team A consisted of Luhan, Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, Tao and Chen while Team B consisted of Baekhyun, D.O, Sehun, Xiumin, Lay and Kris.

They arrived at the field 15 minutes earlier. The crews were already there, prepared to film them. They only need to wait for Yeseul, who will come with another crew. They rested on the player’s bench.

Luhan and Kris have this seriously worked up and overly confident face. They started their stretching session and they looked like they’re professionals.

“We’re not going to join them stretching?” Xiumin asked. Baekhyun and Chanyeol shook their heads.

“Not yet, Baozi. Wait for that moment...” Xiumin frowned at Baekhyun’s words. A while later, a luxurious car arrived and Yeseul came out from that car.

“Aaaaand, our stretching session starts.”

Kris shook his head at their behaviour. It turned out that they’re stretching just because Yeseul was there. He knew that he will win this challenge easily.

Luhan grinned the moment he saw Yeseul. She’s extra cute today. She wore shorts and a short sleeved shirt with her hair tied into two high ponytails. She tied a sweater around her waist and Luhan loved her sporty appearance.

On second thoughts, Luhan just simply loved her every appearance.

Yeseul was called by the crews. They handed her a box with 12 bottles of mineral water inside. She faked a smile for the crews. Look, she’s already lazy enough to come to this field and now, she have to act like an angel for them.

Kai spotted her coming towards them with a box in her hand. He smiled ily as he approached her and helped her carry the box. Yeseul smiled at him too. They both walked towards the player’s bench.

Yeseul sat there and the crews announced that the match is going to start. The boys ended their so-called stretching session and went for the field. With one whistle blow, the match started.

Team A with Luhan as their captain dominated the ball first. However, Team B with Kris as their captain gave much pressure too.

Yeseul tried hard to focus on the game but she just can’t. Seriously, soccer was never her type. Well, when it comes to her, she never enjoyed any sports. She’s simply a lazy sleepyhead who preferred watching horror movies than sports.

Apparently, the other boys tried reaaaally hard because they knew Yeseul was watching. Poor little babies, they didn’t know that Yeseul was just blankly staring at the field because cameras was filming her.

Luhan and Kris clearly dominated the game. They played as if they were in the professional’s game.

Luhan was a professional basketball player and he’s used to official matches. Kris was a business man but he used to play soccer with his co-workers.

Eventually, D.O and Baekhyun need to try really hard to catch up the abnormally long legs of their teammates. Sehun and Chanyeol became the goalkeeper and they’re both trying hard eventhough soccer is reaaally not their preference.

Luhan caught her eyes staring blankly at them and he winked at her. Yeseul pinked at that wink and she started to focus on the game.

Eventually, her eyes followed Luhan’s movements wherever he ran to. He looked different when he’s seriously worked up at something. He looked-

Manly.

Kris’s determination also distracted her eyes. A smile was carved on her face as she looked at him. Not a word in the dictionary can describe how he looked at that time.

Okay, it was exaggerated.

 


 

Okaaaayyyy I know this chapter and I'm frustrated too!

I'm seriously bad at describing sports so please bear with me :)

Thank you for subscribing guys *bows*

Today I updated both my stories :D

I'm happyyyyy~