Intrigued

Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?

 

Yeseul cursed again and again. She reluctantly changed her clothes to a short sleeved shirt and a short. She tied her long hair to the side, revealing one side of her neck. She took a deep breath.

“You can do it, Han Yeseul. You just need to clean the store and it’s nothing much to do, really. Just throw away some things, arrange some things and it’s done! Okay, you got this girl.” she whispered to herself as she walked down the stairs.

She ignored the boy’s curious eyes on her, she didn’t even look at them. She walked straight towards the backyard and finally when she reached the store room, she stood still. She gritted her teeth and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

She didn’t realize that the boys were curiously eyeing her every move at the windows. Even Kris who’s at his room alone at that time eyed her at the windows.

She bit her nails and placed a hand on her hips. Every time she moved, the boys would be over reacting and in the end, they all dispersed to find a better spot to observe her.

Kris didn’t realize that a smile that was carved on his face didn’t fade away. She’s stunningly pretty and all her actions are cute. Her every smile strikes him hard. Even though she made the other boys blame him about the salted coffee this morning, strangely he didn’t care about it.

He sighed as he remembered his meeting with Yeseul’s mother. She told him about Yeseul and the reality show but he’s seriously not interested. However, his mother told him that this is a golden opportunity for his family’s company to rise using her.

Kris originally didn’t care a bit about her but now that he knew her, he really hated the idea that he actually came here to use her. She’s different from what he imagined. A spoilt rich girl, arrogant brat, a swagger. She’s not like that.

She’s one pretty devil and a very cute prankster. She didn’t even try to look good and she’s all about natural beauty. Her every smile was faked but it still brought warmth to the people watching it. She’s simply flawless but at the same time, she’s not perfect.

“You’re really enjoying the view, Kris hyung. You can see her perfectly here.” Kris turned to look at the owner of the flat toned voice.

“Sehun, you’re here. Weren’t you downstairs earlier?” Kris asked, trying to look innocent but he guessed that he failed when Sehun approached him and looked at the beautiful view outside.

“It’s not my fault that Han Yeseul standing still is more attractive than me, a model entering the room.” Kris chuckled at the maknae’s sarcasm sense.

Baekhyun and D.O observed Yeseul closely and I really mean it. It’s dangerously close and they’re amazed as well that she didn’t realize them there. They hid behind some kind of flower plant and their eyes were completely glued on her.

She’s still hesitating to open the door and Baekhyun and D.O wondered if she’s going to bring out something illegal or whatsoever. They both agreed that this girl is a little devil and they’re going to confirm it.

She finally opened the door and she entered the store room. Baekhyun and D.O went out of their hiding spot and approached the door. Xiumin and Chen that’s currently watching from the second level looked at Baekhyun and D.O suspiciously.

“They’re not going to do anything weird to her right?” Chen muttered and Xiumin frowned.

“Just what the hell are they trying to do?”

A moment later, Yeseul shouted loudly inside the store room. It shocked Baekhyun and D.O wayyy too much. This girl’s voice box is really something.

“Do you think she’s okay?” D.O asked and Baekhyun shrugged.

“Who knows what’s inside?” Baekhyun replied and it scared the hell out of D.O hearing it.

“Don’t you think it’s dangerous?” he said and Baekhyun suddenly panicked.

“You’re scaring me, D.O yah!” he said and D.O quickly took a look inside. It’s dark and D.O hardly saw anything actually. The store room is dusty and it made his nose itchy in just a second.

“Yeseul sshi? Where are you? Are you okay?” D.O asked as he walked further inside. He finally saw Yeseul who’s currently standing on a box.

“Yeseul sshi! What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly. She pointed at a spot while mumbling something that D.O couldn’t understand.

“What? What is it?” he asked with a frown.

“R-rats! I think I saw rats there!” she said and she pointed at the spot again. D.O looked at the spot she showed and he saw nothing. Not even a sound was heard.

“There’s nothing, Yeseul sshi.” he answered but Yeseul stomped her feet.

“I’m positive that something’s there. Oh, please! Why do I have to do this entire thing?” she complained and D.O smiled looking at her cute gestures. He approached her and held out a hand.

“Here, take my hand and come down. There’s nothing, really. You can trust me.” he said, trying to sound as assuring as possible but she still doubted him.

“You must be really afraid of rats huh?” he said as he laughed at her. She pouted cutely.

“They’re furry, I hate it.” she grumbled and she grabbed D.O’s hand. She’s finally standing properly on the ground, but her gaze is still uncomfortable. That’s when they both heard a sound of a rat.

Yeseul is terrified by it and she pulled D.O into a hug unconsciously. D.O’s eyes rounded in surprise. However, he knew that she’s afraid so he just patted her back.

At the same time, Yeseul tightened her embrace and D.O’s lips are just two inches away from her revealed neck. He breathes in her scent and without him realizing, he wanted her to never let go of him.

Currently outside, Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Kris and Sehun gathered around Baekhyun asking him about Yeseul’s shout earlier.

“I don’t know guys, D.O just went inside. I’m dying to know what’s happening too!” Baekhyun stomped his feet angrily.

“Aish, this can’t do.” Luhan muttered before he entered the store room. He heard Xiumin calling for him but he ignored him and he stepped inside. A while after that, he saw Yeseul hugging D.O and he could tell that she’s terrified by something. He senselessly approached them and he pulled Yeseul away from D.O.

“You’re okay? What’s wrong?” he asked and Yeseul blinked at him.

“I want to go out, Luhan sshi.” she said slowly, her voice sounded like she’s about to cry.

“I’ll take you out from here.” Luhan said and he grabbed her wrist, pulling her slowly. D.O looked at them and he slowly dragged his feet, still remembering the jittery feeling that he felt when she hugged him.

D.O went out a little late than Luhan and Yeseul. There’s no one waiting for him outside, everyone’s surrounding Yeseul, asking why she went inside in the first place.

“You could just ask for help from us. Why would you do it alone?” Xiumin said, his voice went one pitch higher. The other boys nodded approvingly. Yeseul looked at the ground.

“But the crews said that they wanted to show a good side of me-“

“And they didn’t mention that you can’t ask for help, right?” Luhan cut in suddenly, making her blinked in confusion. Kris flicked her forehead and Yeseul frowned immediately.

“Aww, what’s that for?” she said as she touched her forehead. Everyone laughed at her cute action.

“That’s for you being such an arrogant brat. You think you can handle the store room alone? It’s freaking big and there are lots of things inside.” Kris said.

“It’s freaking dark too. You really shouldn’t be doing this alone, Yeseul.” Luhan continued Kris’s lines.

“But it’s not a job meant for you guys.” she said and they all smiled.

“And it’s going to be done in a few minutes by 12 hot boys.” Baekhyun said.

They finished organizing things in the store room by the evening. Yeseul saw the exhausted look on their face. She’s really thankful for their help and she wanted to do something to show it to them. She dragged both D.O and Chen to the kitchen secretly.

“What’s up, Yeseul?” Chen asked. D.O beamed a look at her. She bit her lips.

“Umm, you guys might be very tired right now but can you help me with something?” she asked and both of them frowned.

“What kind of help?” D.O asked.

“I want to cook dinner tonight. Can you guys look at me and tell me if I did something wrong? I won’t ask you guys to cook, just watch me from the side. Can you?” she asked cutely.

“You’re using your aegyo on us huh?” Chen said and Yeseul pinked a bit. She never used aegyo as a weapon actually, she always get what she wanted without even trying. D.O smiled looking at her burning red cheeks.

“Aigoo~ Our Yeseul is really cute. Of course oppa would help you. Right D.O?” Chen said as he pinched Yeseul’s cheeks. D.O just nodded. He felt bad seeing Chen pinched her cheeks earlier and he seriously didn’t know why he felt like that.

***

The dinner table was set up a little bit late that night. Yeseul forbid the boys from entering the kitchen, even D.O and Chen were kicked out after they helped her a bit. They roamed around the mansion, waiting for the food to be served. Each of them was excited to taste Yeseul’s cooking.

After a while, she finally called them and the boys ran like kids towards the dining table. She cooked chicken stew and it smelled very delicious. She ladled the stew into their bowls and she’s feeling jittery inside. Hell yeah, 12 good looking boys were looking at her intently and she can’t control her burning cheeks.

The other side dishes were there too, but Yeseul told them that D.O and Chen helped her a lot. The chicken stew was the only dish that she made alone. The boys took a bite, and they’re so much relieved that it doesn’t end up like her salted coffee.

She couldn’t even take a bite of her food. Their reactions to her cooking were seriously making her happy. She didn’t know that she could be so happy just by looking at each of them munching their meal whole heartedly.

Sehun eyed her happy smile and his gaze softened. His eyes looked at her untouched rice. He shook his head, sneakily trying to hide his smile looking at her cute chuckles. Usually, he could tell that it’s fake but today, it’s different from the other days and it’s very special.

Oh Sehun grown up as a man who loved to observe people and being quiet. He found it amusing to know whenever someone’s lying but he/she hides it with a smile. He loved the ability he had to know someone’s heart just by looking at their reaction.

He suddenly remembered how he usually faked smiles towards people whom he worked with. It’s hard for him to smile sincerely at others and it shocked him when he realized that he just smiled earnestly looking at Yeseul earlier. Well, just what does this means?

“Yeseul ahh, why are you not eating?” Suho said when he realized that Yeseul keep on smiling while looking at them. Everyone looked at Yeseul and her untouched rice immediately.

“You should eat more, Yeseul!”

“Aww~ you watched us eating while smiling! That’s just so cute.”

“This little cutie, you could melt all iceberg with that smile of yours.”

“Ahh, I desperately want to pinch your cheeks!”

“You’re not allowed to touch her, you ert!”

“You called me a ert?? How could you??”

“Oh yeah, the ‘byuntae’ actually called someone a ert.”

“I’m not a ‘byuntae’!!”

The table immediately became noisy. Yeseul laughed at their immature acts, somehow she felt like she’s really home right now. Her being around them somehow made her feel warm, safe and sound.

It’s only been a few days and she already felt like this. Wouldn’t it be hard for her to end these in another three months?

***

“Yeseul isn’t that much of a devil huh?” Luhan suddenly said to D.O while they both watched a midnight movie together at the playroom.

“I’m not sure if she’s ever a devil, hyung. I mean, ‘devil’ should be replaced by ‘prankster’ don’t you think?” D.O responded and Luhan smiled at his answer.

“It must feel really good being hugged by her huh?” Luhan said it suddenly and D.O choked his own saliva.

“What are you talking about?” D.O said uncomfortably. Luhan laughed casually.

“Truth to be told, I pulled her away from you because I’m jealous.” he confessed and D.O immediately looked at him.

“What do you mean by jealous, hyung?”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” Luhan suddenly asked a question and D.O really felt uneasy about this.

“I think I do believe that. Why?” he answered.

“I think I’ve fallen for her at the first sight of her.” D.O smiled bitterly at Luhan’s lines.

“Who wouldn’t fall for a girl like her, hyung?”

“I’m not the type to fall easily for pretty girls. And I don’t fall for girls just because they’re wealthy.” he snapped and D.O immediately shook his head.

“It’s not what I mean. I mean, she had her own unique charms. She’s no doubt pretty and cute but she’s much more than that. She’s a girl that every man would fall for.” he explained.

“You say it like you’re already an expert yourself.” Luhan elbowed D.O and D.O pinked. Luckily the room is dark or else Luhan would definitely about this.

“I’m just saying what I’m thinking, hyung. It’s nothing more to that.”

“It’s alright, D.O yah. Don’t be bothered by it. What I’m trying to emphasize now is, don’t forget that we’re competing for her now.” he said and to D.O, it sounded more like a warning.

***

That morning is just so calm until the crews called the contestants through the telephone in their room. The first mission is given to them and it made the guys shrieked like a high school girl meeting her favorite idol.

“The first mission is named ‘Aegyo Battle’. Please set up 13 chairs at the backyard and one of the contestants will be voted by the others to take the responsibility to be the emcee. You guys have 2 hours to prepare. Please come to the backyard by 10 o’clock.”

Aegyo is something that manly guys hate and almost all of them would rather diss themselves in public rather than making aegyo. Now this is a tough situation for the boys.


Okay, sorry if this is just a piece of crap :)

Anyway, Thank you for reading and subscribing, you guys are just lovely <3 <3

Do leave comments for me and feel free to tell me what you guys originally expect in this story. ^^

I'll gladly take it into consideration :D