One Pretty Devil

Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?

 

Han Yeseul hoped that ice cream’s container can refill itself every time.

She’s an addict and ice creams are like heroine for her.

Right after she had some enjoyable conversation with the boys, she called the crew and asked them to bring a lifetime ice cream supply for her. And so they did. Well, who dared to turn down this Han freakingly-pretty Yeseul?

That night, she can’t even sleep in her bed, thinking how much she wanted to guard her precious ice cream from the wolves. Umm, well handsome wolves.

She woke up, checking her hair to make sure that it doesn’t freak people out, and she went down the stairs. She smiled contently when she saw that no one’s there at the living room. She went for the kitchen and she saw the refrigerator lights on.

Han Yeseul had a bad feeling about this.

She saw someone and she don’t know why he troubled his eyes trying to see in the dark. She slowly crept towards the person and as she came near him, she saw that he’s devouring her precious ice cream.

Oh, he’s definitely a dead meat if it’s not for the camera over there you know?

She cleared and the boy looked surprised. Yeseul beamed a look at him, trying to look angry and mad but at the same time still naïve and innocent. Her eyes met his doe eyes that are sparkling brightly.

God please don’t make her die because her heart skipped countless beats seeing it.

“L-Luhan sshi, you c-could turn on the lights. Why are you here in the dark?” she asked and he leaned a bit towards her.

“It’s because of that stup- I mean camera. I ate messily when there’s no one around.” he said and she knew what he’s about to say just now.

Yeah, it’s wayyy too hard to control yourself talking. Yeseul bit her lower lips as she went past him and took a spoon.

“Give me a container of that ice cream.” she gave him an order and he blinked at her before handing her the ice cream. Her eyes lightened up as she held the container.

Yeah, come to mama. I’ll make sure to finish you this night.

She ignored him and she went for the play room. He looked up from the refrigerator and he followed her without her realizing.

Okay so, the play room isn’t consisted of some child’s slides and swings, if that's what you guys thought. It’s more like a private theater with a large flat screened TV, and lots and lots of movies with different genre.

Also, Yeseul made the crew put some cute stuffed animals inside so that she could squeeze them hard whenever she’s scared by ghosts in her favorite horror movie. She picked a movie and well of course it’s a horror movie.

She sat on one of the single sofa at the center and opened the container’s lid. The movie started after a while and Yeseul watched it intently without realizing Luhan that’s watching her every move at the front door.

He smiled as he walked inside the room, closed the door super slowly and sat on a sofa next to Yeseul. Yeseul’s mouth was wide open at that time, so did her eyes. It’s dark in the room, however he’s able to see her properly.

She stayed silent and Luhan watched every expression carved on her face intently. Luhan saw her holding the cute stuffed bunny in her hand and she squeezed it so hard. She even put her ice cream away.

Luhan wondered if she realized that he’s there, next to her because she never look at other places except the screen. That’s when Luhan thought that he got a heart attack.

Yeseul suddenly shouted out loud when a bloody ghost appear on the screen. Luhan placed a hand on his chest, this girl is really afraid of ghosts but why the hell must she watch horror movies?

Luhan saw her eyes tearing up. His protective instinct suddenly came and he patted her shoulders. That’s when her eyes widened and without even looking at him, she shouted out and this time, reaaaaally loud.

“ GHOST!!!!!” Luhan quickly cupped with his hand. She finally looked at him and he placed a finger on his mouth.

“You could wake everyone in the mansion. It’s just me.” he saw her calmed down so he removed his hand from her. She looked at him with a frown.

“Since when are you there? Oh, my God! Do you know how much I’m scared when you touch my shoulders like that?” she hissed and Luhan chuckled.

He took the stuffed bunny from her hand and held out his hand instead.

“Here, hold on to me if you’re scared. Don’t squeeze the stuffed bunny, it’s no fun.” he said as he grabbed the remote and rewind the movie.

“Let’s watch it together.” he said and she nodded. She hesitated the moment she wanted to hold his hand.

He saw it and he grabbed her hand. He gave it a squeeze and he smiled as he felt her soft skin. Luhan never know that he regretted it that much.

Yeseul grabbed and squeezed his hand as if she wanted to take it away from him.

Luhan tried to endure it, seriously he did try but this girl’s strength could really break his bones.

Her body is so small and fragile that made Luhan wondered, where does the strength came from?

After that night, Luhan made a mental note to himself. Never, ever let Han Yeseul grab any of his limbs while she watched horror movies.

Never.

***

Even though Yeseul slept late last night, she still wakes up early the next morning. She desperately wanted to bake or cook something but remembering the incident yesterday, she sighed.

She went down after a shower and a little time in front of the mirror, trying to make sure that her bare face really looked okay.

She went into the kitchen and watched everything around her. She looked at the camera, giving a wicked smile.

Did I mention that Han Yeseul is one freaking prankster? Oh yeah, her family slowly got used to eating bananas with some vinegar, a bun with toothpick and not to mention, coffee with some salt.

The boys woke up one by one, each heading towards the kitchen. Yeseul smiled at each of them which were actually a wicked smile while she watched cartoon at the living room.

They cooked breakfast and Yeseul insisted to help. They let her make the coffee, which is her initial purpose of trying to help. However, Kris insisted to help her with it. She let him, well except the stirring the sugar part, she asked him to leave it to her.

If only Kris know what she stirred the coffee with, he will never let her.

Never.

Everything was ready on the table and everyone took a seat. Yeseul poured them the coffee with a really wicked smile. Well, of course they didn’t see it as a wicked smile.

Sehun was the first to take a sip of the coffee and she watched him intently. She sat at the end of the table and she’s glad that she’s free to watch the reaction from each one of them.

It shocked her how Sehun sipped it countless times, each time, he shook his head as if trying to deny something. Yeseul tried reaaaally hard not to laugh. Hell yeah, he just sipped salted coffee multiple times without any change of expression, that’s wayyy to funny not to laugh at.

Moving on to the next victim, it’s Xiumin the coffee lover. He looked soooo excited as he heard from Chen that Yeseul made it. Yeseul caught the sight of him bringing the cup to his mouth.

Yeseul watched him intently, not even realizing that a smile was carved on her face. Suho realized that smile on her face and he looked at Xiumin. He envied Xiumin, hell yeah, an angel just smiled looking at him.

Back to Xiumin, the smell of the coffee itself is just…weird. However, he sipped it, thinking that it’s hand made by Yeseul. His round eyes rounded more in surprise and he coughed immediately.

Luhan that’s by his side handed him a tissue and Xiumin looked like he just experienced something horrible in his life. Yeseul pitied him, he might hate coffee for the rest of his life.

Chanyeol also sipped the coffee after he watched Xiumin’s reaction and his big brown eyes widened in surprise.

“Hey guys, something’s not right with the coffee.” he said and everyone looked at him. Kris frowned as he took a sip too.

Yeah, thanks to Chanyeol’s statement earlier, even Kai and D.O that didn’t want to have coffee earlier asked for some.

Sweet.

“It’s horrible, who made this?” Kai said out loud and everyone pointed at Kris. Only Kris pointed at Yeseul which made everyone look at her.

She blinked countless times, which actually indicates that she’s nervous but mistakenly looked like innocent. They immediately looked away from her, indicating that she’s out of the suspect’s list.

“Kris hyung, what have you done with the coffee?”

“Hyung, you’re trying to kill us?”

“Oh, you may look cool but you’re one big prankster!”

“You make me feel horrible, how could you do that to my sacred coffee??”

“Hyung, it’s terrible! Seriously!!”

The table became noisy, everyone blamed it on Kris. Yeseul beamed a look at Kris and Kris looked at her back.

Guilt is something that Han Yeseul hardly experienced after she pulled a prank someone. She used to enjoy every bit of their reaction…every bit of it.

However, as she looked at Kris that went to the kitchen to make a new coffee, her heart sank to the ground. Why does it feel so wrong?

She rose from her seat and everyone looked at her curiously. She went to the kitchen and approached Kris. Kris didn’t show any reaction even though he heard her coming.

“Umm, do you need some help?” Yeseul asked him and he looked at her.

“It’s you, right?” he said and Yeseul bit her lips. He looked mad and Yeseul didn’t dare to look at him in the eyes.

However, Kris messed her bangs and smacked her on the shoulder. It made her widened her eyes looking at him.

“You little meanie, I know that something is wrong when you said that you want to stir the coffee.” he said it calmly as he continued to make a new coffee.

“You’re not mad at me?” she asked and Kris shook his head.

“But I do want to punish you.” he said and Yeseul flinched a bit. This is wayyy not cool for Han Yeseul. Punishment isn’t something that a boy could give to her.

“Call me oppa.” he said and she choked her own saliva.

“What?” she asked, hoping that she heard it wrongly. However, Kris leaned towards her and it made his face only two inches from her.

“Call. Me. Oppa.” he stressed every word.

Oh this is not good, Han Yeseul is freaking scared right now.

“Kris, we asked you to make coffee not-“ Xiumin entered the kitchen when he realized that Kris had gone for too long. That’s when Kris took the jug and walked to the dining table, dragging Xiumin with him.

Oh, Xiumin sshi, you’re Han Yeseul’s knight in shining armor.

That’s the first time Yeseul ever regretted pulling a prank.

***

“So it’s actually Yeseul? Seriously?”

“I can’t believe it, seriously, hyung?”

“Hyung, she’s too pure and innocent! It couldn’t be her.”

Xiumin sighed. He told his donsaengs what he heard and saw earlier. They’re completely shocked and Xiumin understand it. He’s having a hard time believing it too.

After breakfast, Yeseul and Kris excused themselves and went back to their room. They didn’t suspect anything, they gathered around the living room. That’s when Xiumin told them about it.

“As for me, I think I expected that it’s Yeseul earlier.” Sehun suddenly said in a flat tone. Everyone looked at the maknae with a frown.

“Sehun ahh, why do you say that? She’s wayyy too innocent to do that.” Kai said and everyone nodded in unison.

“But come to think of it, why would Kris hyung do that either?” Baekhyun said suddenly and everyone went to silent mode.

“Don’t forget, guys. Outer appearance could lie. They don’t invent the saying ‘Don’t judge a book by it’s cover’ for nothing.” Chen said and they nodded.

“Who is that girl exactly?” Suho blurted.

“Guys, I think we should consider the fact that we’re currently staying with a pretty devil.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol continued his lines.

“A pretty devil behind an innocent angel’s mask.”

D.O and Chen looked at each other. They remembered Yeseul cursed when Chen touched her shoulders but they decided to just keep it quiet.

***

“Stupid Han Yeseul! What have you done?? Oh, believe me, you just killed yourself! Grandma will never forgive you for that. There are cameras everywhere, what are you thinking??” Yeseul pointed at her reflection in the mirror.

Great, just great. Now the boys will know that she’s not so pure, not so naïve and not so innocent.

Well, Yeseul didn’t think of it as a bad thing actually. She could stop all her pointless acting and acted just like she’s used to.

She sighed. What could she do now is just stay in the room until a crew call her to go out and hang out with the boys.

What happened in the kitchen earlier made Yeseul blushed.

His face is wayyyy toooo cloooose!!!

Yeseul could die and went to heaven at that time because her heart literally stopped pumping blood to her body.

Call me oppa.

Yeseul shook her head frantically. No! No way Yeseul will call him ‘oppa’.

She never call anyone an ‘oppa’ before. Could Kris have the honor of the first?

Crazy Han Yeseul, what are you thinking about? There should be no one receiving the honor of the first.

Just ignore him and never call his name.

That’s right, there shouldn’t be anything that she’ll need from him, right?

That’s when the telephone rang and Yeseul just cursed it for making her surprised.

“Hello?” she answered and what the crew said made her jaw dropped to the floor.

“Yeseul sshi, you need to clean the store room at the backyard. The viewers wanted to see the good side of you so you need to do this. Oh, let me warn you. There might be some rats there. Be careful!”

“WHAT??” she shrieked but the crew mercilessly ended the call.

Another fact about Han Yeseul is, she HATE slimy animals and animals with fur.

And rats have furs.

Which means, Han Yeseul HATES rats.

Now this is real for Han Yeseul.