Fake Smiles

Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?

 

Girls would drool over the mint coloured dress she was wearing right now. However, Han Yeseul is not one of those girls.

It so much for her that every time someone who she didn’t even bothered to know held a party and her parents is invited, they would make her go with of them. The most important thing here is why the hell should a 19 year old who doesn’t even know anything need to be involved with those people?

Being the only heir to an entertainment company that practically owned the world made her go through all this . And what really angered her is this one fact that she can’t even be ungrateful about it. People could kill to live like her and yet, here she is complaining every single bit about it.

She looked at the high heels that she reluctantly agreed to wear earlier. It’s pretty. The fake diamond shone brightly. Seriously, it’s really pretty but it’s just not her preference. More to add to that, she hate it.

No matter how many times she wore high heels, it still scared her. Bad thoughts keep on intruding her mind. What if she tripped on the carpet and fall? What if the heel suddenly broke? Those ‘what if’s always make her sick and she doesn’t understand how other girls could wear it comfortably. Yeah, high heels are a must for girls to wear for a party they say but please make an exception for Han freaking-awesome Yeseul.

Well, the most irritating point of going to a party is acting all pure and innocent. Okay, she does have a cute baby-like face and people said it countless times. Yeah, I know you’re going to puke but then what can I do if everyone says so? (feel free to slap me)

And so, without her permission, they called her ‘The Purest Girl Ever Exists In The World’. Oh, am I exaggerating with those capital letters? Okay, that’s not the point here. The point is SHE IS NOT PURE! That’s where the capital letters came in handy.

She hated that image on her and she can’t even erase it. It’s annoying and it’s really getting her angry. She doesn’t even know who started to call her that in the first place. Oh, and if she know who that is, his/her nose won’t be the same without a plastic surgery.

“Han Yeseul! Are you going to lock yourself in that room for another 5 hours? I only asked you to wear the gown. What's taking you so long?“ Yeseul heard her mother's shout from downstairs. She sighed, knowing that she can’t do anything more now. She took a quick glance at the mirror, happy about her appearance, and she went out of her room.

She went down the stairs and she saw her mother talking with a young man, probably at her age. She rolled her eyes. Now this is the real irritating point of a party. Who said that every girl needs a man to accompany her to a party? Oh, if only she know who said that in the first place she/he really needs to experience a nosebleed from her fist.

“Oh, Yeseul. There you are. Come here, let me introduce you to this sweet young man. Daehyun, this is my daughter Yeseul.“ her mother introduced her to him. She faked a smile and she saw his eyes lighten up. He also smiled charmingly that will make any girl experience nosebleed from it but yeah, except Han absolutely-fabulous Yeseul.

Yeseul wondered if she’s way too expert with faking a smile until no one can even tell that it’s fake. Oh good, she should add that point to herself. Han Yeseul a plain 19 years old girl. Special ability : faking a smile and no one could even tell that it’s fake. For some reason, that ability of hers really come in handy at times like this.

She waved goodbye to her mother who excitedly shoved her towards Daehyun. Well, they’re going to meet at the party later. Yeseul shot her a glare but her mother is way too used to it to even bother. However, the glare was charming for a certain someone.

Daehyun looked at her intently until she waved her hands in front of his face. He flinched a bit, but Yeseul ignored it. It usually happened to her and well, she knows how absolutely irresistible she is. Save your curses, Han Yeseul is just being overly confident here.

Daehyun gentlemanly opened the door for Yeseul and she smiled at him (yeah, it’s fake. What do you expect?) and she entered his car. It smells nice actually, sort of like lavender or vanilla. But then, Daehyun entered the car and the scent is gone, replaced by his manly scent.

“You’re ready to go, Yeseul sshi?“ he asked and Yeseul nodded slightly. He nodded to himself and the car moved steadily along the street.

Some sort of awkward silence aroused between them in the car and Daehyun seemed uncomfortable about it. Yeseul is way too used to it and she doesn’t even care. However, Daehyun desperately wanted to break the silence.

Daehyun is not used to this. He’s usually a man that’s full of himself. He always know the right thing to say at any situation and girls worshipped that side of him. Okay, let’s just change ‘worshipped’ to ‘loved’. However, he can’t bring himself to say any word to the girl next to her and it hurts his pride.

He planned everything on the way here. Every word he need to say and every action that will make a girl completely melt for him but he can’t even bring herself to hold her pretty hand and it’s supposed to be the first step.

His father told him that this girl is a gem that’s very precious to his family’s business. He’s way too lucky to actually have her mother to personally choose him as her partner tonight. He’s not supposed to be impressed by her like earlier. It’s not in the list and it made him angry that he can’t even hold it in.

Yeah, he felt like the luckiest man on earth right now. She’s truly beautiful and she’s just so natural. She looked pretty in any way, even just by standing she looked awesomely beautiful and he’s not even exaggerating. Okay, maybe a little but she’s like a goddess that’s sent from heaven. Yeah, goddess is the right word to describe her but her charm is so much more.

How could a girl looked so pure, naïve and innocent but at the same time a bit wild and aggressive? Well, that’s her exact charm. For some times she looked like she’s going to give in to him but at some times she’s unreachable by him.

They arrived at the party and Daehyun opened the door for Yeseul. She comfortably walked ahead of Daehyun, and he had to match her steps.

Now this, is the time for a little entertainment for Han Yeseul. She looked at Daehyun and she pointed at the foods. He nodded, understanding her and she walked ahead him again. He followed her and that made Yeseul carved a wicked smile but mistakenly seen by others as a stunning smile.

She made him follow her everywhere. She went to the living room, the pool, and even the kitchen. You want to know which part was entertainment for Yeseul? Yeah, the part where Daehyun the handsome and stunning guy followed her around like a puppy despite the fact that he’s actually her partner for the night.

Oh, you think that was childish of her? Yeah it was and she knew it. Han Yeseul had 32 different ways of tricking people and she think that she could make it into a book. How she wished that she could at least use one of the tricks on Daehyun that night but yeah, she had this thing called ‘image’ to be maintained.

***

Grandma’s house, it’s been a long time since she’s been there. She used to enjoy sitting on a bench at the backyard where her grandmother planted multiple types of flowers. She chuckled as she remembered her old days there, where she grew up all alone without siblings or friends.

She’s the first and the last granddaughter her grandma ever had. And that was how everything happened to her. She had never gone to school and she studied with a private tutor at home. She never had a friend as her teenage world was only her grandmother. No friends and not to mention the friend with the ‘B’ word.

She was more like isolated from the world and she’s lacking so much in communication skills. That is exactly why she grown up to be someone that hides everything to herself, and trusted nobody but herself. That’s when her family thinks that she needs someone by her side.

That’s when worse becomes worst. She’s always forced to wear the dresses and high heels to private parties to meet friends at the same age as her. Not to mention, the guys that will be lucky enough to be personally chosen by her mother to accompany her to the parties.

Okay now here comes the worsest part. I know that ‘worsest’ isn’t a word but in an emergency case to show how worst it is, we need it. Well, at least I think I need it. Okay, skip this rubbish.

The guys will search for chances to hold her and they showered her with romantic pick-up lines that’s just so incredibly lame until she feel the urge to just slap them. Well, again this thing called ‘image’ came so their not-so-handsome faces are safe.

It’s annoying because every time they did that, she just have to smile and say something like ‘I’m not comfortable with it’ or ‘I’m sorry but can you take your hands off me? Thank you’.

Now, I know you guys are rolling your eyes but hey, remember the ‘image’ thing? She’s pure, naïve and innocent. She doesn’t know things like ‘ off’ or ‘go to hell’. Or at least she’s not supposed to.

***

Han Yeseul stared blankly at the busy people in front of her. Everyone is busy preparing for the CF filming of a new TV reality show. Believe it or not, she’s the main of the show and she’s not even a bit excited. It’s burdensome and she really had to behave herself.

Filming a TV reality show means to really be cautious about everything. The words you spit out, your actions, everything is watched by a group of people. You’re going to be judged by only one tiny mistake that you made.

“Yeseul sshi, in this scene, you just need to walk down the stairs while looking as pure as possible. At the same time, you must look naïve but a bit aggressive. Can you do it?“ the CF director said to her as she’s sitting on her seat.

She blinked at him countless times. He actually took is as a ‘yes, I can’ and he walked towards his crews , explaining something to them. Yeseul sighed as she looked at her mother that was busily looking at the gowns that she’ll wear in another scene.

Right now, she’s wearing a white wedding gown with a tiara on her beautifully braided hair.

Now this is going to be a long and tiring day.

***

“I’m sorry, come again?“ Kai said seriously as he heard something that sounded like ‘marriage’ from his mother’s mouth.

“I said, look at that girl. Ain’t she sweet and pretty?“ his mother said as she pointed at the TV that’s currently showing a CF about some sort of a new reality TV show.

“No, I’m sure that you mentioned something about marriage just now.“ he said it slowly as his eyes looked at the girl in the CF.

Wow, she’s pretty and she looked-

Pure and naïve but a bit aggresive.

“Calling all perfectionist in Korea for the hand of Han Yeseul the millionaire-to-be?“ Kai read the caption aloud. His mother nodded and Kai looked at her.

“No, it can’t be. Omma, you’re not thinking the same thing that I’m thinking right now.“ he said and it surprised him that his mother nodded frantically.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking about but I think you understand what I meant.“ she said it casually and Kai widened his eyes in horror.

“You’re really thinking of participating me in that stupid show? Seriously?“

“No I’m not thinking. I’ve registered you already.“

“WHATT??“ Kai practically shrieked with his high pitched voice.

“Woah- you could break a glass with that voice.“ his mother joked but it’s not amusing for Kai.

“Omma, am I not capable of getting a girl on my own? I’m not that desperate to get married and I’m only 20 years old.“ Kai said as he pouted cutely.

“Yeah, you’re wayy too capable of getting girl with ‘s’. I can’t even remember the name of the girl that you’re dating with. It changed way too often and it troubled me. You’re already 20 and you are matured enough for this. So, I don’t want to hear any more words from you.“ she said it firmly.

“I’ll tell appa about this. Do you think when appa is overseas then you can force me to do whatever you want?“ he said as he grabbed his phone on the coffee table but his mother doesn’t look afraid.

“I told him first and do you know what he said? He said it’s good for you and he hoped that you’ll change after you get a wife soon.“ Kai’s jaw literally dropped to the floor hearing it.

“Omma you’re so mean!“ he shouted when he saw his mother stand up and climbed the stairs to her room.

“Oh, there’s no way I’m going to that stupid show. Never ever.“ he said as he folded his arms against his chest.

***

Baekhyun looked as his secretary with a frown. She just handed him a newspaper and she showed him an advertisement of a new reality TV show.

“What is this? Look, I don’t have time for this crap so just put that away from me.“ he said seriously and he shoved the newspaper into her hands.

“Mr. President, it’s our opportunity to make this company rise. Please look at this carefully, do you know this girl Han Yeseul? She is the only heir in the family and her family practically owned the entertainment world. If you participate in this reality show then you’ll get the chance to promote our company and of course if you win you can get the girl. She’s very pretty right?“ she explained as she pointed towards the girl’s photo.

Baekhyun read the photo’s caption. He’s thinking about what her secretary said just now and it’s actually one brilliant idea. This small entertainment agency that he set up 2 years ago really needs some more publicity. Moreover, he could show the mature side of a young president and it’ll cost him nothing but 3 months only.

“You’re brilliant. Go and register me for that reality show.“ he said firmly.

***

“Omma, you’re kidding me!“ Tao exclaimed as his mother told him that she registered him for a reality TV show.

“You wasted enough of your time and now it’s time to get serious. Just look at your brother, working hard for the company while you went around using the credit card as you wish. It’s enough of that, I want you to bring the girl back as your wife.“ her mother said sternly.

“What? But I’ll need to compete with the others so how can I win that? Appa, help me. You’re not going to let your son participate in that stupid show right?“ Tao looked at his father, trying to ask him to help. However, his father is also supporting her mother and Tao didn’t have any other way out.

“Winning or not doesn’t matter but I need to see you get serious in something at least this once. This is your last chance, or else you won’t have the right to be the next heir of our company.“ his father said sternly.

***

Yeseul sat on her bed in her room while her eyes were staring at the floor blankly. Today, 12 contestants that registered for the show will arrive at the mansion. Yeseul was actually very afraid thinking that she’ll stay in the mansion with 12 strangers for three months. However, the presence of cameras at every corner eases her heart.

She don’t know what she should do right now. Should she go down and greet them or just sit here waiting for instructions from the crew? Finally, she decided not to do anything that she’s not asked to. She could actually hear some noise outside and she wondered if the boys liked the mansion.

The mansion is enormous with three levels. Yeseul’s room is the only room at level three while the boys will have four room provided for them at level two. Level one is only for the kitchen, the living room and the play room. Currently downstairs, the 12 contestants were there with their own things.

They were informed by the crews about the house’s rule and it’s simple. They just need to do everything by themselves and they need to prepare for challenges that will be informed from time to time.

Everyone was given a nametag so that it’s easier for them to know each other and the most important is so that it’s easier for Yeseul to know them. Finally, the crew showed them their room. Each room had it’s own telephone and everything will be informed through it.

After the crew finished handling the 12 contestant, they leave the house. They were told to have a good rest before the shooting that starts tomorrow.

D.O sat on his bed as he stared blankly at his two roommates. He read their nametags, one named Kai while the other one named Chen. They were all awkward with each other before Chen started the conversation between them naturally.

“So we’re going to be roommates for this three months huh?“ Kai said and Chen nodded.

“That’s the current situation now. It’s going to be fun, right?“ Chen said and D.O glanced at him.

“What do you mean by fun? We’re competing against each other for a girl. It’s not so cool.“ D.O said slowly and it’s like he’s talking to himself so Chen and Kai just shrugged.

In the next room, there’s a commotion. Two boys keep on laughing like crazy while bullying one boy, who kept making aegyo so that the two boys would stop.

“Why are you guys like this to me? How could you team up and bully me? We just met so don’t we at least need to know each other?“ the younger boy with a nametag ‘Tao’ said.

“Ahh, we’re not bullying you. It’s a way of fooling around with the younger ones. Right, Chanyeol?“ the cute boy with mischievous look named Baekhyun said. The boy that was called as Chanyeol nodded and he smiled.

“Yeah, that’s right Bacon. That’s life, the younger you are, the more you get bullied.“ Chanyeol said, not realizing that he pronounced Baekhyun’s name as Bacon.

“Hey, I told you it’s not Bacon. It’s Baekhyun.“ he corrected the younger’s pronounciation. Chanyeol just nodded and he sat on his bed that was opposite Baekhyun’s. Tao quickly ran away from both of them, they’re not scary but they’re hyper.

“You guys look like you’ve known each other since you’re born.“ Tao commented suddenly and Chanyeol just smiled.

“No we’re not. We just know each other just now. It’s natural, I’m an easy-going person so I don’t really have trouble with strangers.“ he said it casually.

“Tao yah, after all we’re going to live together for another 3 months. Let’s not be awkward around each other okay?“ Baekhyun said and both Tao and Chanyeol nodded.

In the next room, there was an awkward silence that’s not broken between them. Sehun looked at the two other boys, one named Lay and one named Kris. They kept staring at each other without any word and finally, they just unpacked their things silently.

In the last room, someone is talking out loud but he was totally ignored by the other two.

“Didn’t you think that it’s not right, a forceful marriage like that?“ Suho said as he looked at the boy named Lu Han and the other boy with a nametag Xiumin. Xiumin and Luhan stared at each other before they nodded almost at the same time.

Suho was completely delighted and he started to talk again. Luhan and Xiumin looked at each other and they send meaningful glares.

Xiumin : (pointing at Suho) He’s quite loud right?

Luhan : (nodded slightly) Yeah, but just let him be.

Xiumin : Did you eat earlier? I’m starving.(placed hand on stomach)

Luhan : (nodded frantically) Me too! I want to eat ramen.

Xiumin : Do you think they have it here?

Luhan : Want to go and check the kitchen?

Xiumin : (smug smile)

Luhan : (smile and pointed at the door)

Xiumin : (pointing at Suho again) What about him?

Luhan : (bad guy smile) He won’t even know that we’re gone.

***

It’s past midnight and Yeseul can’t seem to fall asleep. She sat on her bed, suddenly she felt like she wanted to eat some ice cream. She went down to the kitchen, completely forgotten that there are 12 boys with her inside this mansion.

She yawned as she reached the living room. Her eyes widened in surprise the moment she saw that there are currently five pairs of eyes looking at her curiously.

“Oh, so you’re Han Yeseul right?“ the boy with a nametag Chanyeol asked. She nodded slightly as she quickly glanced at all five of them.

Okay now this is the real definition of handsome. And I’m supposed to pick one of them? Cool!

“You’re not asleep yet?“ the boy with nametag Chen asked.

“Then do you think that she’s currently sleepwalking, Chen?“ the boy with nametag Baekhyun said and everyone laughed. Yeseul laughed awkwardly and all of them realized that she’s terrified.

“Why are you guys not asleep yet?“ she asked innocently. This is the innocent version of Han Yeseul remember?

“We all can’t sleep so we wanted to watch a horror movie. Want to join us?“ she looked at his nametag and it says ‘Suho’.

“Sure, why not?“ she said as she approached a single sofa next to the guy with the nametag ‘Lay’. The moment she sat next to him, he handed her a bowl of popcorn. Yeseul made an innocent face as he smiled at her.

Wow, his deep dimple, it’s simply so gorgeous! It’s good to finally have someone to be called gorgeous.

“You’re not afraid of ghosts, Yeseul? You’re sure that you’ll be okay watching this?“ Chen asked worriedly.

“Is it that scary?“ she asked and they all shrugged.

“We’re watching it for the first time.“ Suho answered it and Yeseul just nodded, thinking that she’ll be okay with it.

However, the movie was so scary and it made her scream sometimes and the boys would kindly skip that part for her. 30 minutes before the movie ended, Yeseul fall asleep with her head tilted towards Lay.

Lay pulled it gently so that it falls on his shoulders. Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw Lay’s actions and they excitedly told Chen and Suho.

“Lay hyung, the shooting is tomorrow. It’s not tonight.“ Chanyeol joked. Baekhyun, Chen and Suho laughed but Lay ignored them. Yeseul’s pure face while she’s sleeping attracted him more.

She’s perfect enough to be your bride. Go and get her, it’s not easy to find pretty and humble girl like her, Yixing.

Lay suddenly remembered his mother’s words the moment she saw the reality show CF. At that time, Lay is not interested in her as he thought that she’s not a natural beauty. He had always liked girls with natural beauty and now he saw her pretty bare face while she’s sleeping.


 

A/N : So this is the first chapter that I fixed

I tried something new in my writing, I tried hard not to be too straightforward

I hope you guys love it :)

Do leave a comment about this story. I'll love to read them all ^^

I love you my readers <3 <3 <3 soooooo much!