Chapter 2

Fragile Line

Yoona’s POV

 

“Do you know where I can find Yuri?”

“No. Oh okay. Thank you.” This is the 15th person I called and asked if Yuri’s with them or did they ever seen Yuri. “Kwon Yuri, where are you.. Let me explain. Please.. God.. tell me where she is..” I said while sighing and palming myself.

“Yoona.”

I looked up and see those beautiful smiles again. “Oppa..” I patted sit next to me.

“What are you doing? You seem busy with all the phone calls.”

“Oh. Manager oppa are asking about this and that.” I’m not going to tell him that I’m searching for Yuri, he doesn’t even know Yuri is my wife.

“Babe, why does Yuri come to your house just now and why she looks hurt? You know it’s been awhile since my last conversation with her. She was like your BFF since your trainee days. You know my friends in America saw her pictures with you and guess what they go drool over her. Is she married yet? If she didn’t I want to introduce her to someone.” That word got me. ‘She did get married. Get married to me.’ I said to myself.

“I don’t know. Maybe she came asking for some help. You know I didn’t meet her in a while too.” I convince him. I don’t know what the heck is wrong with me. I love Yuri. Yes. I love her but what about Seung Gi oppa? Should I leave him? But I love Seung Gi oppa too. I start to crease my brow.

“Hey stop thinking. You think too much.” He flicks my forehead. This flicking forehead gesture reminds me of her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback

 

PAK !

 

“Yah! Im Yoona! Get up or else you’re going to be late for schedule!” She said after flicking my forehead.

“Haaaaaaa, why do you always flick my forehead?” I pouted and winced at the pain. I cover the red marks on my wide forehead.

“It’s too cute. Can I smack it again?” She asked me. I shook my head like a little kid.

“No you can’t Unnie.” I pouted like a baby.

“Aish. Arasso. Arasso. Come here.” She gestured me to come closer and she kissed my forehead. “All better now baby?” She grinned and I nod.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Presents

“Yoong..” I snapped back to reality. “You’re too deep in your thought baby. What are you thinking?” Seung Gi oppa asked me.

“Hmm, I was thinking abo--..”

“Wow what do we have here?”

“Sooyoung Unnie ..”

“Hello Oppa and Hi Yoona.” She glared at me.

“Sooyoung!” Seung Gi oppa stood up and hug her. “How are you? How’s life? How’s everyone? Are you still with Kyung Ho?”

“Oppa. Calm down. We’ll catch up later. I need to talk to this girl first.” She pointed at me.

“Ah, okay I’ll take my leave then. I’ll see you tonight baby.” Seung Gi oppa went to me and kiss my forehead.

I send him to the door and went back to living room and been greeted with a pair of eyes which fuming in anger. “Garden. Now.” She instructs me and walk before me. As soon as we reach the garden, the atmosphere starts to tense, she turn around look at me with an annoyed look. “What is your problem?”

“I don’t have any problem Soo.”

“I’m asking you again, what is your problem?” Sooyung ask me in stern and cold voice.

“Like I said, I don’t have any problem.” I said while fold my arms and looks at Sooyoung blankly.

“What do you think you doing Yoona? How could you? We thought that you and Seung Gi oppa are no longer together.”

“I never said we are over. I just said that we lost contact and he’s stop taking calls from me.” I said coldly.

Sooyoung scoffed at my words. “Then what you make Yuri as a stopgap for Seung Gi oppa?”

I looked away to avoid that question. ‘She’s not a stopgap. No she’s not.’

“Is she your wife or she’s just your playmate? As in a playmate to accompany you because you’re lonely or is she a place for you to release all your to Seung Gi oppa?” Sooyoung said in mocking tone.

I look at Sooyoung and my heart start fuming in anger. I look at her with unbelievable look and slowly clenched my fist. “Don’t you dare to question my intention towards Yuri, you know nothing Sooyoung.”  

“Why? I don’t have right to know why my best friend hurt my other best friend?” I avoid her question again. Sooyoung was right. She had right to know but this time is hard for me to explain this to her. Sooyoung is my best friend since we were a kid. We’ve been scouted into SM Entertainment together and debut in one team. Right now, all SNSD members are currently on hiatus, some of them went to overseas and the only couple who left here in Korea is Sooyoung and Hyoyeon unnie, me and Yuri. All of us are concentrating on our love life now except for me, I’m still taking offers and sudden news happens, he made his comeback after a long time. “Why so quiet Yoona? Cat got your tongue?” I look and stared at Sooyoung.

“Why are you backing her up Soo? I thought you were my best friend. You should support me in everything I do.” I said while raised my voice a bit.

“Best friend? Am I really your best friend Im Yoona? As far as I know, best friend don’t keep secrets from each other.” I stunned with her words. She’s right. I should have told her first. “To be honest Yoona, I am really disappointed in you. Yuri came to me and I see it myself. All the bruises and pain that you gave to her, do you even think twice before you threw it at her? Thank god, it’s me and Hyoyeon who’ve seen it, not the others. I never thought you will change this much Yoona. You cheat on her and all because of him you just threw Yuri away like a piece of garbage. What are you? Are you really a human?” Sooyung said to me while raising her voice.

I scoffed at Sooyoung words. “Sooyoung, you said that like you never cheated on Hyoyeon before. Yes I cheated on her. So what? She want file a divorce? Fine, go ahead. Look Sooyoung, the thing is I just save her from that incident and I don’t expecting her to fall in love with me because of that. You know what Sooyoung, I believe saving her was a biggest mistake I ever made. I wish I didn’t save her. I wish she could just die from that incident so that I won’t get myself into her messy life and this messy situation.” I don’t know what comes over me to say that. After I said that words, Sooyoung face were an inch away from me and her hand were clenching the hem of my shirt tightly.

“Don’t you dare to think nor talk about her that way Im Yoona. The one you that you talk about is my best friend, OUR best friend, YOUR wife.” Sooyoung said in cold, stern and slow tone. She let go of the hem of my shirt and let me stumble down to the ground. She shook her head and walk away from me. “Yoona. I did cheat on Hyoyeon before. I did but that was long time ago before I was married to her and I love her. I really do and Yoona, if something happen to Yuri, I don’t think I can forgive you. Thank you so much Yoona for being such a heartless b**** to her.” With that Sooyoung left me on the ground. I lay down straight facing the sky and took a deep breath. “Why did I do it skies? Tell me please.”

 

----------------------------------------------------

Few Weeks Later

 

Author’s POV

 

(News 9 o’clock)

 

‘Presenter: It has been shocking news for all of us in South Korea when the news of Kwon Yuri from SNSD has decided to go on her separate way. This afternoon, SM Entertainment has made a sudden press conference to announce Kwon Yuri departure from the group. Kwon Yuri, 25 has decides to depart from the group for some unknown reason state SM Entertainment on the press conference just now. Kwon Yuri has been with SNSD for almost 7 ye--‘

 

CLICK!

 

Sound of television has been close and silence has engulfed around the room. Seven girls who watch the news just now are still recovering from shock and restoring the news that they see just now. One of the girls, who sit on the couch, cupped her face and bit her lips to prevent herself from crying. The other six still look at each other and had what-just-happen face drawn on their face. They change their gaze to their one and only maknae when they heard her sniffing.

“Did Yuri Unnie just leave without telling us? What did we do till Yuri Unnie left us?” Seohyun said while hung her head low.

Hyoyeon who sit next to the maknae, rub her back to prevent Seohyun from crying. Everyone know how close Seohyun and Yuri. Yuri treated Seohyun like her own sister. Everything that Seohyun wanted, Yuri will get it just to see Seohyun smile. Seohyun tears start to run down her face. The other looks at Seohyun and cried along with her.

Tiffany who also closed to Yuri cried even harder, Jessica hug her and let Tiffany cry in her embraces. Jessica rubs Tiffany back to calm her down. “Shh.. shh.. Don’t cry baby.” Jessica said softly.

Sooyoung who can’t hold her tears anymore, stood up and walk to the room that she shares with Hyoyeon. As soon as Sooyoung arrive at her room, she walks to her bed and sit on it. She hugs her knees and let her tears fall as the flashbacks of 5 days ago came thru her mind.

 

Flashback 5 days ago

 

“Yuri ah, where are you going?” Sooyoung asked when she saw Yuri packing up her stuff.

Yuri stopped packing and look at Sooyoung. She smile sadly and tap the empty space next to her. Sooyoung walks and seat next to Yuri. While waiting for Yuri to talk, Sooyoung played with clothes inside Yuri’s luggage. Yuri grabbed Sooyoung hand and made Sooyoung faced her. “I’m going to clear my mind for a while. So many things happen here and I can’t cope with it anymore. So I decide to go for a vacation. No connection from here or anyone else. I just want to be alone for a while.” Yuri said softly and she looks at Sooyoung who had her head hung low after Yuri saying that.

“You’re not going to leave us right?” Sooyoung said slowly but loud enough for Yuri to hear it. Sooyoung is afraid of Yuri’s leaving. She doesn’t want Yuri to keep all the pain. She wanted to be there for Yuri. She care for Yuri so much and Sooyoung believe her members does too.

“Hey. I won’t leave you guys. We’re sisters remember?” Yuri said cheerfully and it made Sooyoung chuckle a bit.

Yuri continued packing her stuff. Yuri picked up the frame that located on her bedside table and trace thru it. It’s a picture of 9 of them at her and Yoona’s wedding. In that picture, all 9 of them looked very happy and smiling to each other. Sooyoung looked at Yuri and frown. “Yuri ah, does it hurt you so bad that you need to have time on your own? We are here. I’m here. Isn’t that enough? Plus Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Taeyeon and Seohyun are coming back. We have comeback in 8 months. We can make you happy again.” Sooyoung ask in soft tone but literally begging Yuri not to go.

“Sooyoung ah, it hurts so much. So much and I can’t bear with it anymore. I need to go away for a while. Youngie ah, it just a vacation. It’s not like I’m going to leave the group.” Yuri said while putting the frame inside her luggage. Sooyoung pouted when she know she lost in this conversation. Yuri smile sweetly when she sees Sooyoung pout. Yuri went next to her and pinched Sooyoung cheek softly. “Don’t be such a baby! What will happen if I’m not around! Aigoo tell me how can Hyoyeon fall in love with you Shikshin!”

“Hyoyeon love this pout okay!” Sooyoung jokes with Yuri.

“That was the most disgusting pout I ever seen.” Yuri made a puke expression and made Sooyoung glared at her. Yuri shook her head and continued packing her clothes.

Sooyoung tugged at the hem of Yuri’s shirt and pout again. “Promise me you will come back Yuri. Don’t go for too long and don’t leave me alone here. Or else I’m going to miss my partner in crime and bring your phone along so that I can call you and check how you doing.” Sooyoung said sadly while pouting.

“Ne unnie. I promise.” Yuri said in aegyo tone.

 

Presents

 

“You promise me. Why’d you lie to me Yuri? You promise me you will come back but why did you leave me? Why did you leave us?” Sooyoung said in between her cries. Hyoyeon who standing at the door heard everything Sooyoung said. She bit her lips to prevent herself from crying, Hyoyeon know she need to be strong. She needs to be strong for Sooyoung.

Hyoyeon walk to their bed and sit next to Sooyoung. She Sooyoung hair and made Sooyoung look up to see her. Hyoyeon almost tear up when she see how hurt Sooyoung was. Tears on Sooyoung face just didn’t stop from flowing. “I-- I should have stop her Hyo, I shou--should have stop her.” Sooyoung said in between her sob.

Hyoyeon shook her head while wipe Sooyoung tears away. “It’s not your fault Syoo. She needs time. She needs time.”

“Sh--she promise me she’ll co--come back. I should have stopped her. I should have stopped her from leaving.” Sooyoung said in misery. Hyoyeon pull Sooyoung closer and hug her tightly. Hyoyeon rub Sooyoung back to calm her down again. Sooyoung cried in Hyoyeon embraces till she falls asleep. After a while, Hyoyeon walk out from the room and went to the living room.

The living room was empty and dark. Without switching on the light, she slump herself down on the couch and took a deep a breath. She’s been accompany with the moonlight that shine thru the portraits that been hanging on the wall. She stares at the big portrait of nine of them that been hanging at the wall in front of her. She smile sadly and sigh heavily. She scans each one of them in that picture until her eyes meet Yuri’s. ‘Why’s did you leave us Yuri ah? Why’d you leave without tell--‘

“Why are you still awake?” A voice interrupts her thought. She looks to her left and see Sunny and Jessica standing behind the couch. Hyoyeon smile sadly and change her vision to the portrait in front of her.

“Remember that time when she said she lives when the 9 of us were around her? I guess words just words then.” Hyoyeon said softly and sigh heavily. “Many things happen when the five of you were gone. Things went out of control and that’s why Yuri chooses this.”

Sunny and Jessica took a sit at the couch next to Hyoyeon. “Hyoyeon ah, what happen to Yuri? What happen to her while the five of us were gone? We thought Yuri was on vacation. We thought everything was fine while we were gone and Yoona? Where is she? What happen to them?” Sunny ask in begging tone.

“Sunny ah, let’s wait for the others to wake up. We will tell you what happen tomorrow morning. For tonight, let just sleep and rest. Today has been so hard for us.” Hyoyeon said softly. Sunny and Jessica just nodded and went back to their respective rooms.

 

-TBC-

 

Author's Note ; Hello there lovely people. Hows the chapter? Is it okay? Okay since I'm in a good mood. I'll make it double update! See you in next chapter. Yo Peace Out!